Best Opening Game in West, Middle, East?

allstate1992

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mairvul versus Alcoa of course. It's more than a game....It's an event.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The announced attendance at Alcoa 2 years ago was 10,000+. The stadium only seats maybe 4,000? Get there early for a seat at this event!

Over in the Knox/Blount there are two intriguing games. Hopefully one is on TV/Replay so I can catch the other live. 1st choice would be Maryville vs. Alcoa. 4A champs vs. 2A champs. 2nd choice would be Morristown West vs. Knox Catholic. 4A semifinalist vs. beats the state champs, but not in the playoffs:)

Mo-West @ Catholic will be on TV. It'll also be filmed in HD!

the past two years i have gotten there at 5 when the gates are supposed to open for the maryville and alcoa game and people were already there. It is insane. luckily it is at Maryville this year in a bigger stadium.

"Not so fast my friend." The game will be at Alcoa this year. Don't you remember the "Booze it or loose it" signs on the visitor's side last year at MHS. Or how could you forget the gold shorts (and nothing more) being worn by a male Alcoa student who stood on the front row, or the MHS Senior Class mascot that made it's first and only appearance at the game. The game will be on the hill at Goddard Field, and it will be sweltering hot, and I can't wait. And I am a Rebel.