Tennessee High vs. Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game should be very interesting.

I agree that they will both be more equal than they have been in the past. I expect either a long, close game or sickening game where one team doesn't stop scoring.

I'm hoping it will end up a close game.

This will be the 3rd year in a row Tennessee High has played D-B (in recent years). I'm hoping that the 3rd times a charm and Tennessee High will be able to pull through with a win! Also, exactly 10 years ago, Tennessee High beat D-B at the Stone Castle in a dramatic close one. We can only hope history will repeat itself Thursday night.

Good luck Vikes!

I'll say.... Vikings 14 Indians 10

Can someone post a the results for the last 25 years or so between these two teams? I remember the '97 game, and it was one of the best games I've ever seen in the Stone Castle.... It was close all night long, and it came down to either single, or double overtime w/ the Vikings prevailing. I think THS won back in the early 90's or maybe the late 80's, but besides that, I can only remember THS winning a handfull between now and the early 70's, I don't remember what years though.

This is a great game, and I was excited to see it come back together. I think both schools (and fans) have respect for each other, and enjoy the rivalry.

I promise the traffic will not be that bad. Besides your band is impressive enough to have the windows down on all 11 buses and give the parade watchers a show on the way out.

I to am looking forward to hearing your impressive band.

The band will be there to cheer on the team but the show is a little different than what you might be used to. You may not have seen last year's 1/2 time show. It's different. Just like last year, the 1/2 time show will be a much simpler performance than in previous years. It will be a college style football half time show with about 400 kids on the field - including the spirit shakers dance team. It is a much simpler show (much less drill) than it used to be but it will consist of the entire band. They had to reduce the band size for competitions last year (was out of control) so now they have a competitive band that's about 150 less members that present a totally different program only at competitions. That show is not a crowd pleaser - geared to be a judge pleaser instead. Hopefully folks will like the 1/2 time show anyway.

I'm looking forward to a good game. Hopefully we'll beat ya even if this is a down year. If not, most of these kids will probably be back next year - at our place. There could be serious revenge if you guys deal out a whoopin. Lets get it on!

The band will be there to cheer on the team but the show is a little different than what you might be used to. You may not have seen last year's 1/2 time show. It's different. Just like last year, the 1/2 time show will be a much simpler performance than in previous years. It will be a college style football half time show with about 400 kids on the field - including the spirit shakers dance team. It is a much simpler show (much less drill) than it used to be but it will consist of the entire band. They had to reduce the band size for competitions last year (was out of control) so now they have a competitive band that's about 150 less members that present a totally different program only at competitions. That show is not a crowd pleaser - geared to be a judge pleaser instead. Hopefully folks will like the 1/2 time show anyway.

I'm looking forward to a good game. Hopefully we'll beat ya even if this is a down year. If not, most of these kids will probably be back next year - at our place. There could be serious revenge if you guys deal out a whoopin. Lets get it on!

Great post on the D-B band halftime show. I would encourage all football and band fans to see this group at some point in their HS Football viewing. I do not want to create any competition with the football team but I do think the D-B band is a real jewel the entire Region can be proud of and get behind.

Vikings will score first. Score will be 14 all entering the 4th period. The Indians will win late in the 4th at 21-14.

Bold post. I think it will be 21 point win by D-B. I did see the MLC jamboree and was not impressed by THS.

THS will be a lot better in week 10 than in week 0, for all you South fans.

Bold post. I think it will be 21 point win by D-B. I did see the MLC jamboree and was not impressed by THS.

THS will be a lot better in week 10 than in week 0, for all you South fans.

Although not overly weaponed and looking .500 in the Jamboree this was the look they purposefully employed. Stubbs is no new boy. He was schooled in'06 in the 'Castle by the Indians but only after giving Clark heart attack for 1.5 Quarters. The Vikings, true to their heritage, play with much heart. They will be in the game...'till the bitter end.