Temple

You've been a relative voice of reason until now. I don't think the reporter was given much notice about the "forum." and I doubt seriously he was worried about Mr. Williams, especially given that Mr. Williams best argument was that the only reason this even happened was becasue Mr. Hargis's son is a star player at S.pitt and that if Temple vacated their title, S.Pit would be named champs.

Master Hargis is the water boy and any body with any sense knows the titles are vacated, not awarded to next in line.

The reason this case became more than accusations and rumors was because Mr. Skogen called Mr. Carter to appeal for a hardship exception for his son at McCallie and in the course of the conversation told Mr. Carter that he had not been paid nor paid tution.

Once Mr. Carter had that unprovoked admission, he had no choice but to look further into the allegations the TSSAA had already gotten.

Hargis simply reported the facts as they happened .

Stephen was invited to participate but only a few hours in advance and he had other commitments. I believe they planned it that way and don't believe they actually wanted him there. Convenent way to exclude him. He will be getting a transcript of the tape so look for an article with his side real soon (Friday maybe). Also heard from several Chattanooga coaches who heard the program and they said it made them sick to there stomach to listen to the BS. I think Temple would have been a lot better off just letting this issue die. It will now come back and they won't look so good. Temple folks......you need to get your Admin in control ...they work for you

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess to get out information that was not reported in the paper like the two 2007 spring practice kids being insured. In the paper it was stated if they had gotten hurt they were not covered.

But it's not really a "forum" if you don't have both sides present or at least take phone calls etc. I can understand the TSSAA and the paper not wanting to show up on someone's home radio station though. Perhaps they would have better luck getting together on a neutral station with a neutral moderator.

Temple was given opportunities to present their side all through the process but most times it was "no comment". This radio "show" had to be planned days in advance but Stephen was only invited a few hours before hand. This was not a "Forum"...just a slander and propaganda session. IMO They just wanted to put their spin on it. They didn't even get facts correct. I think they will see that it was a bad idea

Stephen was invited to participate but only a few hours in advance and he had other commitments. I believe they planned it that way and don't believe they actually wanted him there. Convenent way to exclude him. He will be getting a transcript of the tape so look for an article with his side real soon (Friday maybe). Also heard from several Chattanooga coaches who heard the program and they said it made them sick to there stomach to listen to the BS. I think Temple would have been a lot better off just letting this issue die. It will now come back and they won't look so good. Temple folks......you need to get your Admin in control ...they work for you

do you expect hargis to write a "rebuttal" article to be included in the paper, based on "testimony" given at this discussion? and, is there any way we can access the transcript that hargis will recieve?

You've been a relative voice of reason until now. I don't think the reporter was given much notice about the "forum." and I doubt seriously he was worried about Mr. Williams, especially given that Mr. Williams best argument was that the only reason this even happened was becasue Mr. Hargis's son is a star player at S.pitt and that if Temple vacated their title, S.Pit would be named champs.

Master Hargis is the water boy and any body with any sense knows the titles are vacated, not awarded to next in line.

The reason this case became more than accusations and rumors was because Mr. Skogen called Mr. Carter to appeal for a hardship exception for his son at McCallie and in the course of the conversation told Mr. Carter that he had not been paid nor paid tution.

Once Mr. Carter had that unprovoked admission, he had no choice but to look further into the allegations the TSSAA had already gotten.

Hargis simply reported the facts as they happened .

That being said its a clear "admission" of rules being violated and therefor Temple should have been made to forfeit EVERY game and EVERY championship Temple won during the SKOGEN years. Thats insane and a mockery of TSSAA that only the football program got the little "slap on the hand" that they did. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

do you expect hargis to write a "rebuttal" article to be included in the paper, based on "testimony" given at this discussion? and, is there any way we can access the transcript that hargis will recieve?

I would expect to see an article soon based on what I have heard. The radio station may be able to furnish a transcript if you ask. It would be nice if they put a transcript on the TFP web site. I'll suggest that

I would expect to see an article soon based on what I have heard. The radio station may be able to furnish a transcript if you ask. It would be nice if they put a transcript on the TFP web site. I'll suggest that

They announced on the show you could get a copy of the the program on CD for $5 and it will be available (free) as streaming audio on the school website. I don't know when it will be posted (or if it has been post yet) on the school website, but the radio station's number is 423-493-4382 according to their website.

It was the TSSAA's catasrophic insurance. Whether they had other insurance or not means nothing. Practicing Larson and the 2 CSAS kids in the Spring was a CLEAR violation of the practice rules

I wholly agree. I simply mentioned the insurance as something I hadn't heard brought up before. It doesn't excuse Temple's actions. I don't think Temple is denying the violations. I think they are saying they don't deserve the maximum penalty. I personally don't think anyone other than the Temple admin believe they got the maximum penalty. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I would advise Hargis to show caution in responding through the newspaper. That is his career. I understand it is tough to listen to people criticize you publically, but his responsibility is to report on sports not respond to personal attacks.

Someone needs to be the bigger man and drop the issue. We'll have to see who it is.

I would advise Hargis to show caution in responding through the newspaper. That is his career. I understand it is tough to listen to people criticize you publically, but his responsibility is to report on sports not respond to personal attacks.Someone needs to be the bigger man and drop the issue. We'll have to see who it is.

Hargis is a professional and is level headed. The Temple "Forum" is sports news related to the TSSAA case and I'm sure it will be done as such along with some facts about the situation. I'm afraid Temple is the one who will lose over the "Forum" just because the issue will get rehashed again and it really made some coaches around Chattanooga mad. It had already started dying down if it had just been left alone

They announced on the show you could get a copy of the the program on CD for $5 and it will be available (free) as streaming audio on the school website. I don't know when it will be posted (or if it has been post yet) on the school website, but the radio station's number is 423-493-4382 according to their website.

Thanks for the info. I would like to hear it

I apologize for this response being so late but just read some older pages...the comment was made that privates have no representation...and the rebuttal came that they do...honestly just asking...isn't most of the real decisions made by the board of control...and isn't that board all public schools?

I wholly agree. I simply mentioned the insurance as something I hadn't heard brought up before. It doesn't excuse Temple's actions. I don't think Temple is denying the violations. I think they are saying they don't deserve the maximum penalty. I personally don't think anyone other than the Temple admin believe they got the maximum penalty. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

By not referring to Erik Larson's participation in spring practice '06 while still a student at Southeast Whitfied in the radio forum is denying the violation....they were attempting to make it look like it is only about the CSAS kids and Chastain.

By saying that they responded immediately after being informed of the potential violations is a lie. CSAS athletic director called Dr. Pearson in May.