Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

I think the truth is going to come out about how the school with 100 kids had so much success:

1. Kids not having to pay to attend school there, Skogen said it in his quote, and Temple said Chastain never paid his bill as well.

2. Kids showing up from other states i.e. Georgia, SC etc...

3. Recruiting violations investigated going on: 1. kids from csas 2. kids from N GA Ridley and Larson 3. Newsome and others

Like Zone said...The Big Hammer is coming

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the truth is going to come out about how the school with 100 kids had so much success:

1. Kids not having to pay to attend school there, Skogen said it in his quote, and Temple said Chastain never paid his bill as well.

2. Kids showing up from other states i.e. Georgia, SC etc...

3. Recruiting violations investigated going on: 1. kids from csas 2. kids from N GA Ridley and Larson 3. Newsome and others

Like Zone said...The Big Hammer is coming

Who scouts these kids the churches? Thats if its true. Finding some ringers arent they?

What is really sad is that TSSAA is talking to the paper but they are not talking to us.

What happens if the TSSAA comes back, after investigating the issues and says that they were not able to find any credible violations, that we conducted ourselves to the letter of the law, that the tuition issue was handled to our satisfaction for Chastain and Skogen?

What kinds of abuses will the Temple sports family have to suffer from you all then? That we paid them off? That we withheld information? That we scared them with threats of lawsuits? That the TSSAA willfully overlooked hard evidence?

What if we are found to have commited violations and we get a slap on the wrist? What then? I have eaten my share of crow and I do not like it. When this is over, regardless of what may come out, I want to know that I believed the best about my school.

What is really sad is that TSSAA is talking to the paper but they are not talking to us.

What happens if the TSSAA comes back, after investigating the issues and says that they were not able to find any credible violations, that we conducted ourselves to the letter of the law, that the tuition issue was handled to our satisfaction for Chastain and Skogen?

What kinds of abuses will the Temple sports family have to suffer from you all then? That we paid them off? That we withheld information? That we scared them with threats of lawsuits? That the TSSAA willfully overlooked hard evidence?

What if we are found to have commited violations and we get a slap on the wrist? What then? I have eaten my share of crow and I do not like it. When this is over, regardless of what may come out, I want to know that I believed the best about my school.

"What is really sad is that TSSAA is talking to the paper but they are not talking to us."

They were there yesterday, lawyers and all.

I think part of the problem on these boards is jealousy, confusion and hatred.

People are jealous of all Temple's pub and success, confused as to how a high school with 100 kids can do so well in sports, and hate them for that...if you don't admit that you have a biased you are as stupid as whoever you think is the dumbest person on this board

Yeah you're right, that is a big part of the problem. Some people on here used to have the names like "IH8TNTemple".

Most of the peopel at Temple know that Scott lied on the radio and rather then clearing his name, he ended up muddying up the waters.

This is possible. I do not know if he lied or not. You seem to be on the inside of things or at least seem to have a good knowledge of what is and is not going on. You could call in to the same show and tell it as you see it if you wish. I think they gave everyone the opportunity to do that. That may not be your thing though and I can respect that. I did think though that more than one person from Temple would call in to defend the program. Although since someone that was well respected by the Temple community called in they may have felt that was enough.

If that happens (and honestly I hope it does to avoid the black mark it will leave on Temple) then all should be fine. But right now it is not looking too good. Ronnie Carter supposedly has more evidence than has been reported on so far. Supposedly being the key word. As for the tuition issue, at least with the Skogens, I can see how both sides may not have realized they were doing wrong. Ignorance of the rules may be no excuse but I can see where something light could be done instead of something "full extent" if that was truly the case.

What kinds of abuses will the Temple sports family have to suffer from you all then?

Hopefully no abuse.

When this is over, regardless of what may come out, I want to know that I believed the best about my school.

I respect that. I admire your allegiance and passion to your school. Maybe things will work out for the best

good post pasture

Correct me if I am wrong- but any violations by chastain or any practicing violations with this years football team does NOT affect last years accomplishments...the lack of knowledge and present ignorance might affect last years accomplishments, however, any recruiting violations which happened after basketball season, those would not affect what the kids were able to do last year does it????

I think part of the problem on these boards is jealousy, confusion and hatred.

People are jealous of all Temple's pub and success, confused as to how a high school with 100 kids can do so well in sports, and hate them for that...if you don't admit that you have a biased you are as stupid as whoever you think is the dumbest person on this board

I don't think people are confused to how they have had success, I don't think confusion was ever a factor then or now. Most of us in this business knew this would one day happen. Temple has built there program in a short time with several kids from other schools, and expect people to be happy about it, or turn a blind eye to how it has happend. I know coaches are probably not to happy having to rebuild through their middle school programs and having to compete with schools who are reloading through other schools programs. As far as being jealous, what coach in 1A ball wouldn't mind having a second string QB from Rhea Co. or a full back and QB from some big North Georgia school, I would say you are probably right on that account.

You guys need to quit using the term "violation." So far there are only issues, not violations. The TSSAA needs to charge us with a violation or shut up. We are not in denial. But so far the only thing any of us at Temple really know about the issues are what we have read in the paper and heard on the radio or discussed among ourselves.

I don't care what Hargiss writes in the paper, until the TSSAA makes an official charge, then I am not going to spend a whole lot of time worrying over "he said, she said" and forced interpretations of rules, and trying to read between the lines.

Which would be better for us? To give our principal and AD the benefit of the doubt and be patient and see the outcome or get ourselves all worked up into a frenzy for no good reason?

Some of you guys really have a struggle with reading comprehension. You continue to put stuff in the equation that is not there. You keep saying that Temple did not self-report. We do not know what all the administration did or did not do. Caleb Markham has been coaching long enough to know about the self-report issue. Maybe he was in the process of reporting and was pre-empted. Maybe he did self-report but found out in reporting that someone else already had. They guy came on board at the end of school and and Scott was dismissed within a month or so after school was out. In perspective, I would say that Caleb Markham probably handled the situation quickly and decisively and if he did not self-report, I am going to guess that he was in the process of doing so.

Temple is not trying to cover up anything or avoid any consequences. They want to get to the bottom of this as much as anyone else.

What are you saying? Wait for the facts before rushing to judgment? That's no fun! ARRRGHH GET EM!

I just have 2 questions for you were you a fan of the movie RUDY and do you believe in the tooth fairy question 1 if yes there is not much difference between forrest gump and rudi question 2 if yes the fairy didnt put that money under your pillow.