Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

What is really sad about this whole situation is this whole claim of ignorance. OK... let's assume that EVERYONE at TTA truly did not know the rules. As a coach, AD, or principal, I would think that they would WANT to know the rules. The handbook is available online at TSSAA.org and it really doesn't take a PhD to read it. And, like others have said, coaches are susposedly required to sign the paper saying that they have read an understand the rules.... If there are any administrators out there, let us know if you have to sign the same form at the Administrator's Meetings.... It has more of an appearance of "Yes we know it is fishy but we won't do/say anything and if we get caught, we'll just say that we didn't know better". That, and the complete denial by TTA posters is what has the majority of people up-in-arms over this......

Now you know that is not true! If we had something to admit to, we would. There is no cover up by the fans going on. We know more about our school than you do and what we know is that we really don't know much about anything about our school. So where does that leave you?

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah... he will not answer you...... After he emphatically stated that Chastain lied pretty much about everything he said on the radio, he had the nerve a couple of pages ago to say that he didn't hear all of the interview. Sounds to me like he is confused and now that you are trying to nail him down on exactly what Chastain lied about, he'll continue to avoid you. I still say that Pasture, Noway/bigorangeone, IOWNYOU149, and Oldhops10 all share the same last name or at least share the same dinner table occassionally. I also think that at least two of them had something to do with the Banner that is about to be taken from the gym, which is why they are so deep in denial......Just a though.....Yep! Without the stupidity at TTA we would have nothing to talk about but Hydrogen... and who wants to talk about that????/

harsh........

Nah... he will not answer you...... After he emphatically stated that Chastain lied pretty much about everything he said on the radio, he had the nerve a couple of pages ago to say that he didn't hear all of the interview. Sounds to me like he is confused and now that you are trying to nail him down on exactly what Chastain lied about, he'll continue to avoid you. I still say that Pasture, Noway/bigorangeone, IOWNYOU149, and Oldhops10 all share the same last name or at least share the same dinner table occassionally. I also think that at least two of them had something to do with the Banner that is about to be taken from the gym, which is why they are so deep in denial......Just a though.....Yep! Without the stupidity at TTA we would have nothing to talk about but Hydrogen... and who wants to talk about that????/

You are probably right. Pasture "talks big" but when you ask him a direct question to a statement he made, he disappears. Same with Noway. Maybe there is a connection!

Pasture once thought Chastain was the best thing since sliced bread and now he calls him a liar. It is said how things change in Highland Park!

my issue is the fact that everybody keepls talking about administration and the coaching staffs claiming ignorance, and who was the head coach when it started and who is honest. none of that really matters in the grad scheme of things(though it does make for good discussion) because the fact of the matter is that there some illegal activity going on at Temple and they are going to have to pay yes i am a Temple hater(lol) but I wold rather see them fall in other ways than this but with all of this going Im losing more and more respect for them and their athletic program

Different situation on the 3 days. If you participate in 3 days practice with a school you would be ineligible to play with another school if you transfered.

OK, I was not on base with my question. That's why I depend on our AD and coaches to know the difference. They signed off and went to school to verify they knew the rules. If something like this occurred in GV . I would blame them for sure. They are good men and active in the community also. I would not protect the or back them for cheating. Especially after I read the rules presented for myself. I would feel betrayed. As I know they knew better. And they had cheated. I would not offer my integrity to sacrifice for something they did. Makes one question the ones protecting them. Are they in the same opinion of cheating?

I definitely would want them removed if the findings were not in their favor, and the proof was there.

I would feel the kids had been mislead, and used for their personal agendas. A kid also knows when they have been betrayed as well as an adult. So TSSAA wont hurt the kids. Temple staff did. I am sure you will find they are more understanding of this than most adults will be. The kids are not as weathered by the world yet and they are not as prone to look for loopholes to cover a situation such as this.

Promise me that you will come back on here when these( infractions of ignorance) strip TT of past achievements.Who ever was involved in both sports plainly put (cheated).websters defines cheat in several ways here are a few!!! To deceive by trickery,swindle,to mislead,to elude,to practice fraud,get my hint .Change your name and picture before you try and make somebody buy into that stuff .

my only point was that the kids who were already at temple- or already enrolled/paid etc... were the ones that people screwed up with...no one was illegally obtained...temple just screwed up with the kids they had

Zone- your stupidity and bitter hatred blinds you- no one illegal was obtained, and no one was illegally obtained to come to temple- SP got crushed with the kids that were already there - again- if larson doesn't participate in that spring game he is a normal student and perfectly legall...and you get crushed by Temple regardless...skogen had been there since 6th grade(according to Noway) so he was there regardless of how his situation got screwed up... that is my point....

the mistakes...all of them (I think) were after the fact....not done in order to ensure success

Pasture, you are saying that with all the experience that Dan Wadley had as a coach and as an athletic director that he was IGNORANT of the RULE that states that you cannot practice at a school unless you are enrolled and attending the school in question?!? This would not have been a mistake, it would have been a VIOLATION and a serious one.

Indeed. Wadley was on the RULES COMMITTEE.