Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate agrees, GOOD POST PG.....................to the point,how can TT fans continue to be in denial??????????

Wow....... it is obvious.......... TT fans are kinda like some Bama fans thinking the Bear still lives and Tide still rolls..... denial..........

Go War Eagles...........................................

Bear Bryant is dead?................................................................................

The Tide rolled at least once last year. fumble

(dadoffour @ Aug 17 2007 - 10:01 AM) http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.php?act=findpost&pid=826505413Farmboy, if you want people to have any clue what you're saying try using a comma here or there.

>>Bud light presents Real American Heroes

(Real American Heroes....)

>>Today we salute you Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy

(Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy....)

While others are wasting time posting facts about high school football you come out to do the dirty work.

(No rest for you now....)

Even though you are doing the posters a favor, you still catch flack for catching every mistake.

(Was that a mistake that was just made?....)

So crack open an ice cold bud light Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy, because there is only one thing I know for certain in this world, and that is where would the English language be without you?

(Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy.......)

"I called Dan Wadley immediately to see what was going on," Lovingood said. "He was embarrassed by it and said he would take care of it. If it hadn't been for the fact that I knew Dan Wadley and the respect I had for him, I would have turned them in right then."

Another unanswered question from the article, did Dan Wadley self-report this to the TSSAA?

>>Bud light presents Real American Heroes

(Real American Heroes....)

>>Today we salute you Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy

(Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy....)

While others are wasting time posting facts about high school football you come out to do the dirty work.

(No rest for you now....)

Even though you are doing the posters a favor, you still catch flack for catching every mistake.

(Was that a mistake that was just made?....)

So crack open an ice cold bud light Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy, because there is only one thing I know for certain in this world, and that is where would the English language be without you?

(Mr. Correct the Grammar on a Message Board Guy.......)

lol. im mad at myself because I was actually singing the words to that

For you guys that may be more savvy on the TSSASA handbook rather than IRS handbook

Temple would not have withheld taxes from Kevin Skogen's check, regardless. He would have been considered an independent contractor (self-employed) by the IRS. They would, however, be required to issue him a 1099 Misc. Income form by the end of January following the tax year in question since the amount or value in question is greater than $500.

Where Temple will surely get nailed is if they did not issue a 1099 this past January for the 2006 tax year when Skogen coached football. If they did not issue him a 1099, then they are dead in the water. They can say whatever they want to the TSSAA. The IRS is not forgiving or lax about paper trails, trust me.

Maybe, maybe not. The IRS has very specific rules about what constitutes an independent contractor. He could be deemed an employee based on how things were set up. Since there doesn't seem to be a written contact and most coaches are looked at as employees it could get sticky. They need a good tax accountant to get it straightened out. I'm been through it before. Either way if they did not issue the proper paperwork they have an IRS and maybe State tax (unemployment and workers comp?) problem.

"I called Dan Wadley immediately to see what was going on," Lovingood said. "He was embarrassed by it and said he would take care of it. If it hadn't been for the fact that I knew Dan Wadley and the respect I had for him, I would have turned them in right then."

Another unanswered question from the article, did Dan Wadley self-report this to the TSSAA?

No

lol. im mad at myself because I was actually singing the words to that

I wish you could hear me singing it. I do the best impression of him. (patting myself on the back)

zonepirate.........you should really consider sending that to the Bud-Light Ad Agency. Thats freakin hillarious.

The article said that Kevin asked to be paid the amount of his kids tuition. He did not receive a check or a bill, so he, apparently, assumed that the check he was to have received for his services was applied to his bill.

So he assumed he got out of taxes on this money also? If they paid him the money it would have to have been taxed and then he would pay his bill. After Social security and income tax was deducted. A tax evasion issue here also. You cant swap out salaries without paying tax. Surely we all know that. If this in fact occured Temple has tax issues to consider also. Are they going to pay his FICA and SS on this amount in Kevins name? Seems they dont know any laws or rules. How have they stayed in business this long?

In this particular case I know that coach skogen doesn't pay taxes because of his job, and the amount of kids he has- I also know that he doesn't pay social security- again because of the nature of his job... good try though!!

In this particular case I know that coach skogen doesn't pay taxes because of his job, and the amount of kids he has- I also know that he doesn't pay social security- again because of the nature of his job... good try though!!

Who is he? a 7-11 store clerk.

(Lord, I appologize, and be with the starvin Pygmies in New Guinea)