Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

It's NOT about how much he was or wasn't paid.... it's about the fact that he didn't pay the tuition last year making his kids ineligible for competition. Why is that so hard to understand?

it's not that hard to understand unless you REALLY want to keep your state champonship banner hangin up in the gym( then it becomes a foreign language)

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually paying taxes is not the issue. Filing the paperwork is the issue. Good try though!!

If the argument that you are making is that because Coach Skogen is an ordained minister and has a lot of dependents that he can opt out of SS and probably owe no tax you are correct. Where you are wrong is that he still has to file his taxes like every other working American. He would have to report that he was compensated by Temple. Depending on his level of income, etc. he might still owe something or maybe not, but he is still legally obligated to file just like Temple was legally obligated to give him a 1099 if that was really the arrangement.

Maybe they had Dan Wadley call and instead of self-reporting the Southeast Whitfield recruiting violation he called the IRS and told them not to worry that Coach Skogen didn't have to pay taxes!

He didn't because chastain "didn't do anything wrong" that is according to him and what he said happened...besides none of those kids ended up at temple- larson was already at temple....

"I called Dan Wadley immediately to see what was going on," Lovingood said. "He was embarrassed by it and said he would take care of it.

Then what bothered Wadley about the situation?

Coach Skogen's personal finances are none of your business, and you are presumptuous to think that they are. As to Temple's end of it, well, speculation is understandable.

Further, in regards to the Skogens paying or not paying the tuition, if that is deemed a violation of the rules, it isn't a major infraction. The boys would have been on the field/court regardless. The punishment should fit the crime, and to take away all records, wins, etc. etc. isn't fair punishment.

Of course, if other violations are discovered that's another story. I suppose we'll know soon enough.

I suggested that he may not have considered that salaries are taxable. Assumed it was applied to his bill as he stated indicates he thought it was all taken care of. Misunderstanding or not laws are laws. I was pointing out another aspect of this saga. Every time someone speaks another issue arises.

As for the punishment fitting the crime. It will be. TSSAA will hand out punishment to the letter of the law. That's what they are paid to do. If it reads strip the title thats what they must do. If Temple dont think its fair they should have used other avenues to participate in sports. Not agree to all the terms set forth in the TSSAA and paid the moneys to join. Then cry not fair when they are caught breaking the rules. If it was to happen in our school system I would be the first to say follow the rules and issue what the rules call for. Then be disgruntled with the ones involved in bending the rules. Everyone is bound by the laws of the land as well as the laws of God.

Actually paying taxes is not the issue. Filing the paperwork is the issue. Good try though!!

You guys are really idiots!!!! when you quote someone and then respond to them you are NOT RESPONDING TO EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN WRITTEN!!! obviously temple did something wrong even if it was a clerical error....I was responding ONLY TO MO$$$$...gosh you guys are really frustrating.....

He didn't because chastain "didn't do anything wrong" that is according to him and what he said happened...besides none of those kids ended up at temple- larson was already at temple....

Wow. You just believe everything he says without question.

It doesn't matter if they actually went to Temple.... just were they recruited? If there was any question it has to be self-reported which it was not. Remember Lovinggood called Wadley and raised concerns that something was going on. Coaches don't call over nothing

You guys are really idiots!!!! when you quote someone and then respond to them you are NOT RESPONDING TO EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN WRITTEN!!! obviously temple did something wrong even if it was a clerical error....I was responding ONLY TO MO$$$$...gosh you guys are really frustrating.....

Thank you. Glad I could help

it's not that hard to understand unless you REALLY want to keep your state champonship banner hangin up in the gym( then it becomes a foreign language)

ANd your an idiot too- first of all I am not your- I have no family connection to temple, never went there never even been to any place besides vance gym I live in knoxville

I think the kdis know they kicked everyone' @$$ so it really doesn't matter that thye have a piece of fabric or hardware taken away now does it????

I propose a a new topic should be started, I might do it myself , for people to list whether or not they like the yankees, unless you have always been a fan you usually hate them...that is temple- except almost the antithesis because instead of having an unlimited budget (in the case of high school # of kids) they have barely over 100- so after you write whether or not you like the yankees count up how many times temple has beat you in the last decade....everyone on here has an agenda.....

My agenda is to slap temple silly but don't ruin what a bunch of teenage kids managed to accomplish- your agendas are the following

some-illogical bias

others- pure hatred of private schools

some-hatred of temple

some hatred of skogens

some-hatred mingled with confusion as to how a small school can whip your tails year in and year out so "they must be cheating"

whatever it is everyone has approached this situation with a bias...no on NO ONE has remained purely justice or logic driven the only way you have is if you are not human....even hargis had a bias his was to sell papers and get people talking so he titles the top of the sports page with what name??? "SKOGEN"

everyone has an agenda- to disagree is to discredit everything you think or say....

Wow. You just believe everything he says without question.

It doesn't matter if they actually went to Temple.... just were they recruited? If there was any question it has to be self-reported which it was not. Remember Lovinggood called Wadley and raised concerns that something was going on. Coaches don't call over nothing

moron- I put it in quotes because obviously the guy has issues...but I we are still quoting people and the paper right?? that is what he said.....and yes coaches do call over nothing I was a coach for many years and I got calls about NOTHING specifically recruiting NOTHINGS!!!