Oak Ridge vs. Fulton

boyfromsi

It's not too early to start talking about this game. The Oak Ridger has been running some great articles leading up to the game. I understand from yesterday's paper that Fulton will be wearing replica uniforms from the 67 team that was the only team to beat Oak Ridge and Oak Ridge will be wearing replica uniforms from the '58 National Championship team. This should be a good game.

I don't know much about Fulton, but they seem to reload every year. Ruse? and Leonard will probably have more to say about this one (I hope). Oak Ridge is a much better team than last year's team. However, there still is a question at QB. Will we continue to platoon 3 guys at that spot or will we narrow it down to 2? I like the play of our lines so far this season, this is the one big plus for our team. We are solid and deep at running back and receiver. I am concerned about our defense and this is the 3rd scheme we are playing in as many years. I like our LB corps with Kirkpatrick, Underwood, Clark and Vaughn. Coffey is awesome at receiver and free-safety.

Frankly, I am concerned about the attitude of our town towards this game. Yes, I know it is 3a against 5a and on the surface of things, this would be a lose / lose game for us. However, Fulton is one the best programs in the state regardless of class. Last year's team probably was the 2nd best team in the state after Maryville. It should be a huge game for us for that reason alone. If the players take this game seriously, then we have a good chance to win. If not, we will get our rears handed to us.

Go Cats!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right Fulton seems to reload every year. The coaches know eachother very well they should both have good game plans. I'll make my pick when I find out if Fulton has a fieldgoal kicker this year I kelp thinking that would loose a game for the falcons last year but they proved me wrong.

Your right Fulton seems to reload every year. The coaches know eachother very well they should both have good game plans. I'll make my pick when I find out if Fulton has a fieldgoal kicker this year I kelp thinking that would loose a game for the falcons last year but they proved me wrong.

wpasi.

No kicker. Why go for 1, when you ca go for 2.......as Coach Coatney says.

boyfromsi.

Look forward to spewing out my nonsense on this one next week. Locking on West/Farragut, MoWest/Catholic right now. How are the injuries that kept some of the key guys out against AC?

Soloman.

Very young team in spots, but Cobb is going to have a big yr. I predict the collision of Week 1will be in this game...Cobb vs. Kirkpatrick. The Kirkpatrick kid's daddy could play too:)

ruse?

wpasi.

No kicker. Why go for 1, when you ca go for 2.......as Coach Coatney says.

boyfromsi.

Look forward to spewing out my nonsense on this one next week. Locking on West/Farragut, MoWest/Catholic right now. How are the injuries that kept some of the key guys out against AC?

Soloman.

Very young team in spots, but Cobb is going to have a big yr. I predict the collision of Week 1will be in this game...Cobb vs. Kirkpatrick. The Kirkpatrick kid's daddy could play too:)

ruse?

I think this game will be won in trenches and OR clearly has the advantage here ... Falcons lost top 6 OL and top 4 or 5 DL from last year ... they are very very very young and inexperienced ... im hoping Falcons can find a way ... but most games are won between the tackles ...

Fulton will do what da falcons do and thats win. Ruse will see and Fulton will again soar to to the "ship" and bring one back home to k-town. the only teem on broadway that can.

Fly Falcons Fly...

Unless you are writing of the Baby Falcons, they are the only team on Broadway.

Most of the more recent years I would have picked Fulton to win, but having to replace an entire line on both sides will be difficult for the Falcons. Playing a 5A team usually means big lineman up front. As for skill players I will still go with the Falcons. Even after losing Rogan, and the X factor.

I have read the articles that for some reason the people of Oak Ridge have let continue by some idiot that must not watch much football. I know that his thoughts and ideas are not the reflection of how most Oak Ridgers think.

Here is my opinion for what its worth.

The Wildcats have been to the State Championship game 1 time in the past decade and twice over the past 25 years. They have a tremendous past. Yes that would be past. We are now in the 21st century. I have a tremendous respect for the city of OR, its people, its school, and its football program. To allow some person from the the past to disrespect a school that has done more in 5 years than Oak Ridge has done in the past 30 years is a black eye to the people of Oak Ridge. Apparenlty he has not watched much of the Football that has been played the last couple of years due to talking all the time. Although Fulton is a 3A team they have been one of the most dangerous teams in TN. In my opinion Fulton could have played and beaten the Wildcats 3 of the past 4 years. They are one of few teams that have had lineman like that of 5A, but extremely fast and athletic. That is one thing they lack this year. I also have a great admiration for Stanton. This should be a game that is exciting to all.

The Fulton Falcons will play host to the Atomic City Wildcats. This is a game from years back and should be as exciting as the media has built it up to be. The Falcons will try to pick up the slack where Rogan and company left off last year. It will be a tough act to follow. While the Wildcats must get out of the slump they were dealt last year after losing a great class of athletes the previous year that played for a gold ball. The Wildcats come out radiating and will battle a tough very athletic Falcon team. Size will matter, and not being able to kick the barn from 2 feet away will once again haunt the Falcons. Oak Ridge by 7.