Oak Ridge vs. Fulton

boyfromsi

Dang I sure am glad I am not a sports writer, commentator, or prognosticator on this thread as you all are taking a beat down. I, for one, am just glad that Friday Night Football is here. That Oak Ridge is still Oak Ridge and going to put some excellent players on the field not only this Friday, but each Friday throughout the season, and with a little push well into the post season. That Fulton is a great team to go up against and win or lose each side is going to find out something about themselves and use it to make the rest of their season better.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton is struggeling with the line issue. They are still superfast everywhere else, but the line is going to kill them. The difference is will Oak Ridge be athletic enough to get across the line and disturb the run, and contain the QB. Will Oak Ridge OL get enough push to slow LB down? Can the defense backfield of Oak Ridge get the right angle and cover the speed of Fulton.

I'm going to have to go with Oak Ridge.

First ballgame for both teams. Line play will mean alot in first couple of games.

Oak Ridge.

Sorry to the ole ball coach--ruse?--we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I almost forgot they will using Knoxville Ref's. That is a 6 point advantage for Fulton. I did not say 7 because Fulton can't kick the side of the barn.

Some one tell Potter to go find a kicker, or have Russell announce they need a kicker maybe someone out of the stands will do a first in a long time. With all the kids transfereing in maybe they can get a kicker to transfer in.

I have a great idea--Sometimes at basketball games they charge a dollar to shoot a halfcourt shot to win $5. Maybe they can have a half time fieldgoal kicking contest. Students only- they might find one that way.

Fulton is struggeling with the line issue. They are still superfast everywhere else, but the line is going to kill them. The difference is will Oak Ridge be athletic enough to get across the line and disturb the run, and contain the QB. Will Oak Ridge OL get enough push to slow LB down? Can the defense backfield of Oak Ridge get the right angle and cover the speed of Fulton.

I'm going to have to go with Oak Ridge.

First ballgame for both teams. Line play will mean alot in first couple of games.

Oak Ridge.

Sorry to the ole ball coach--ruse?--we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I almost forgot they will using Knoxville Ref's. That is a 6 point advantage for Fulton. I did not say 7 because Fulton can't kick the side of the barn.

Some one tell Potter to go find a kicker, or have Russell announce they need a kicker maybe someone out of the stands will do a first in a long time. With all the kids transfereing in maybe they can get a kicker to transfer in.

I have a great idea--Sometimes at basketball games they charge a dollar to shoot a halfcourt shot to win $5. Maybe they can have a half time fieldgoal kicking contest. Students only- they might find one that way.

Leonard .. you are correct on about all you pointed out .. I kinda thought it was funny mentioning that with Knox refs Fulton will get 6 points ... I have been to a few games at Blankenship and seen mysterious flags thrown after visiting teams get big gains ..... wondered if game was at Blankenship how many points would that be for Oak Ridge ????

Most of the more recent years I would have picked Fulton to win, but having to replace an entire line on both sides will be difficult for the Falcons. Playing a 5A team usually means big lineman up front. As for skill players I will still go with the Falcons. Even after losing Rogan, and the X factor.

I have read the articles that for some reason the people of Oak Ridge have let continue by some idiot that must not watch much football. I know that his thoughts and ideas are not the reflection of how most Oak Ridgers think.

Here is my opinion for what its worth.

The Wildcats have been to the State Championship game 1 time in the past decade and twice over the past 25 years. They have a tremendous past. Yes that would be past. We are now in the 21st century. I have a tremendous respect for the city of OR, its people, its school, and its football program. To allow some person from the the past to disrespect a school that has done more in 5 years than Oak Ridge has done in the past 30 years is a black eye to the people of Oak Ridge. Apparenlty he has not watched much of the Football that has been played the last couple of years due to talking all the time. Although Fulton is a 3A team they have been one of the most dangerous teams in TN. In my opinion Fulton could have played and beaten the Wildcats 3 of the past 4 years. They are one of few teams that have had lineman like that of 5A, but extremely fast and athletic. That is one thing they lack this year. I also have a great admiration for Stanton. This should be a game that is exciting to all.

The Fulton Falcons will play host to the Atomic City Wildcats. This is a game from years back and should be as exciting as the media has built it up to be. The Falcons will try to pick up the slack where Rogan and company left off last year. It will be a tough act to follow. While the Wildcats must get out of the slump they were dealt last year after losing a great class of athletes the previous year that played for a gold ball. The Wildcats come out radiating and will battle a tough very athletic Falcon team. Size will matter, and not being able to kick the barn from 2 feet away will once again haunt the Falcons. Oak Ridge by 7.

DO NOT pick on David Clary for you will certainly awaken alot of sleeping WILDCATS in the Ridge.

DO NOT pick on David Clary for you will certainly awaken alot of sleeping WILDCATS in the Ridge.

Maybe that's what Leonard was wanting to do? I don't know. OR is a frustrating team to follow. Now I am not the rabid fan that many others are, nor do I claim to know the organization in any way from an insiders perspective. I can't put my finger on it. They have talent, resources, etc. It just seems to me that when I have stopped by to watch a practice or scrimmage, there is something missing. Urgency, or coordination, or maybe organization. I don't know, and I could be very wrong. Not trying to agitate, just an observation. Good luck to both teams.

ruse?

Here is what it comes down too. Both teams are inexperienced on the lines. Both teams are steeped in tradition. Both teams have something to prove. however after reading so many comments i have one question? Does oak ridge not remember that Fulton has the gold ball? thats what they need to realize. A state champ is a state champ. i dont care what division it is in. when friday rolls around i want the players to think of this each team is lining up across form a great team on each sideline. forget playing those middle tennessee teams this is what footballl is about. 2 teams from the same area duking it out for bragging rights. no region titles on the line just pride. so who ever wins will deserve it. good luck to everyone and i cant wait to see the throwback jerserys.

TC

Fulton got a gold ball last year, this is this year. Look at OR, go to the Boro one year and the next year go 5 and 5. And yes there does seem to be something mssing in the play of OR and they better find it fast!

If we come across as arrogant maybe it's because we are. Look at our past record (all the way back to the 50's) a 8 and 2 season is a losing season. Not make the playoffs unthinkable. I think someone said we have only had 3 losing seasons in our history!! Beat us if you can....then you can brag about it!

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL