DB vs. William Blount

db123

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-B 23

W.B. 17

As bad as it pains me to say it, I think it will be something like WB 21--DB 7. Our offense has a long way to go to be competitive with the best in region 2. We have to find a way to complete more passes than we did against TN High or everybody we play this year will key on the run. And IF we don't it could be a long year.

As bad as it pains me to say it, I think it will be something like WB 21--DB 7. Our offense has a long way to go to be competitive with the best in region 2. We have to find a way to complete more passes than we did against TN High or everybody we play this year will key on the run. And IF we don't it could be a long year.

I'm a believer in the player's commitment to the team. If these kids are commited, they will do whatever it takes - including practice on their own to improve. What was it, a couple - 3 years ago, an ailing Sullivan East team pulled it out of the fire with that type of commitment. They had a very good year because of their commitment to the team. If this team has that level of desire, they will do better than some have predicted. They do have a looonnnggg way to go offensively.

Man that is a long trip to be making on a school night.Friday morning they will be some tired and sleepy players and parents trying to start their day.Must be a good reason to change from friday night to Thursday.Maybe the Maryville and Alcoa game has something to do with it!

I'm just glad I'm off friday..... GO GOVS

Man that is a long trip to be making on a school night.Friday morning they will be some tired and sleepy players and parents trying to start their day.Must be a good reason to change from friday night to Thursday.Maybe the Maryville and Alcoa game has something to do with it!

Plowboy,

You're right. I think Coach Meadows wanted to showcase this game on Thursday night and stay away from competing with the Alcoa/Maryville crowd on Friday. It does make for a long school night trip for you guys and we're real appreciative you'all are willing to do it, cause it should help us draw a pretty decent gate. I think it's a very smart move on behalf of Coach Meadows and his staff.

Correct me here if I'm wrong, but will this make two consecutive Thursday night games for you'all?

Plowboy,

You're right. I think Coach Meadows wanted to showcase this game on Thursday night and stay away from competing with the Alcoa/Maryville crowd on Friday. It does make for a long school night trip for you guys and we're real appreciative you'all are willing to do it, cause it should help us draw a pretty decent gate. I think it's a very smart move on behalf of Coach Meadows and his staff.

Correct me here if I'm wrong, but will this make two consecutive Thursday night games for you'all?

Yeah this will be our second away game on a Thursday night.

I think it being Labor Day that could be the reason for the scheduling. Maybe there will be no school that Friday or something. I am glad it is on Thursday night that way I can attend and see if the Gov's have what it takes to win their region. I hope they do.

It was done for $$$$. They are hoping to bring in some other county football fans. And, quite honestly, a lot of times we lose some students when we play on the same night as Maryville/Alcoa. Should be a big crowd. I did not believe all of the 3 and 4 TD predictions coming into S County Game, but I was wrong. I see this one being close and very low scoring.

It was done for $$$$. They are hoping to bring in some other county football fans. And, quite honestly, a lot of times we lose some students when we play on the same night as Maryville/Alcoa. Should be a big crowd. I did not believe all of the 3 and 4 TD predictions coming into S County Game, but I was wrong. I see this one being close and very low scoring.

ET,

I know you get frustrated cause I always forget, but please give me you'all station identification information so that I can do up a nice little sign to reserve your spot in the press box. As of now, the plan is for you guys; the BCTV crew; and me and Scot T. to all be on the left side bottom (in relationship to looking down at the field) of the box. Scot and I will take window closest to the middle; you and Stan can have next window; Mike & Holden will be on the far end. We'll put any visiting radio, tv, etc. & newspaper folks over on the other side, along with scoreboard operators. Coaches will be upstairs. If Up the Creek (or anyone else) caters for us, we'll put the buffet line in the old part of the press box ... as far away from Jimmy and CJ as possible.

Yeah this will be our second away game on a Thursday night.

I was told by a parent that some of DB's players got a lot of home work and test for last friday.I know that school is first, so if the kids are put at a disatvantage in class, we shouldn't play on thursday . While I'm at it, I noticed that our band plays while the other team is running it's plays.That is not sportsmanship,but to keep it the same,they played while we were running our plays as well. Maybe some of our { football smart teachers }can talk to other teachers and the band director{ band teacher } .