Will Temple win a football game this year?

taydizzle

The main issue at Temple is not an young, inexperienced qb. It's whether or not Ronnie Carter is gonna cut their athletic teams. I truly hope it doesnt come to that for the kids sake, but with all thats happened, I wouldnt be surprised.

no they dont need to cut anything for the kids sake but i bet they will be forced to cut something.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main issue at Temple is not an young, inexperienced qb. It's whether or not Ronnie Carter is gonna cut their athletic teams. I truly hope it doesnt come to that for the kids sake, but with all thats happened, I wouldnt be surprised.

We may hear something late this week. I think the TSSAA wants to put this one to bed pretty quickly

Based on all that we know and past rulings from the TSSAA, Temple should have all titles won with ineligible players taken away. Temple will have to forfeit all games using ineligible players. Temple will pay significant fines and return tournament money. Temple will find themselves at the minimum 2-3 years post season ban in football, basketball, and any other sport that played ineligible players. The entire athletic program could face even the DEATH PENALTY based on the extreme lack of institutional control and what appears to be a pattern of long term abuses by past coaches/administration.

Based on all that we know and past rulings, TSSAA should have all titles won with ineligible players taken away. Temple will have to forfeit all games using ineligible players. Temple will pay significant fines and return tournament money. Temple will find themselves at the minimum 2-3 years post season ban in football, basketball, and any other sport that played ineligible players. The entire athletic program could face even the DEATH PENALTY based on the extreme lack of institutional control and what appears to be a pattern of long term abuses by past coaches/administration.

Old Pirate says it would be terrible if the death penalty is enforced. I think inside most all would hate to see the school's athletic program shut down. The kids would be the ones to loose the most. We all should agree that athletics can be a major part of a kids life. Old Pirate hopes that TT fans will "remember" IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT WINNING AND LOSING, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP SHOULD BE A TOP PRIORITY. Yes..... this means abiding by the rules making for honest fair play. Old Pirate as well as just about everyone who has NOT been under a rock KNOW.... TT is not alone in this type of activity. Good Luck to TT, hopefully the death penalty is not the path the TSSAA chooses.

Old Pirate says it would be terrible if the death penalty is enforced. I think inside most all would hate to see the school's athletic program shut down. The kids would be the ones to loose the most. We all should agree that athletics can be a major part of a kids life. Old Pirate hopes that TT fans will "remember" IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT WINNING AND LOSING, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP SHOULD BE A TOP PRIORITY. Yes..... this means abiding by the rules making for honest fair play. Old Pirate as well as just about everyone who has NOT been under a rock KNOW.... TT is not alone in this type of activity. Good Luck to TT, hopefully the death penalty is not the path the TSSAA chooses.

I agree OP. I hope the TSSAA sees it that way too. I think a year or two post-season ban plus fines should be sufficient punishment.