Dobyns Bennett @ Sevier County

tricitiessportsfan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"don't believe me", why would I not??? Did DB have a QB get injured in the SC game? Skunk will know, he knows all. And who was the college team that practiced on the field? Maybe Georgia needs to for the Vols to have a chance.

Watchdog,

That was the rain game that Bo Burton broke his foot in and Sam McCord had to come back in and play QB and reinjured his shoulder...

Oh and you had mentioned me being aware of muffed punts in a previous post, if that is directed as a slam on some of my family members, I will remind you that there were only two muffs by my family members in over three years of returning punts, oldest son against Karns @ Karns (before he was knocked unconscious) and younger son last year against South (made up for it, though)...youngest son hasn't had a turn yet...

Now, I do remember a muffed punt by a teammate my junior year of high school that led to a playoff victory for Knox Fulton, which was quarterbacked by none other than Sevier County's head football coach Steve Brewer...it is such a small world...

Trivia Question: Bart Ring completed his first high school touchdown pass to whom against whom?

Roll Tribe Roll

Watchdog,

That was the rain game that Bo Burton broke his foot in and Sam McCord had to come back in and play QB and reinjured his shoulder...

Oh and you had mentioned me being aware of muffed punts in a previous post, if that is directed as a slam on some of my family members, I will remind you that there were only two muffs by my family members in over three years of returning punts, oldest son against Karns @ Karns (before he was knocked unconscious) and younger son last year against South (made up for it, though)...youngest son hasn't had a turn yet...

Now, I do remember a muffed punt by a teammate my junior year of high school that led to a playoff victory for Knox Fulton, which was quarterbacked by none other than Sevier County's head football coach Steve Brewer...it is such a small world...

Trivia Question: Bart Ring completed his first high school touchdown pass to whom against whom?

Roll Tribe Roll

Well they haven't been many but a stab at it, Joesph Throp#20 against Campbell Co.

I think this one will be close and the one who makes the fewest mistakes will claim victory. SC, plagued by penalties in past games, really improved this past week. SC has turned around and are playing much better football. They have their confidence back and would like to avenge the loss of last year. Plus DB will be on SC's turf this year. It's too close to call but I'm rooting for the Bears. Who are the players to watch for DB?

I think this one will be close and the one who makes the fewest mistakes will claim victory. SC, plagued by penalties in past games, really improved this past week. SC has turned around and are playing much better football. They have their confidence back and would like to avenge the loss of last year. Plus DB will be on SC's turf this year. It's too close to call but I'm rooting for the Bears. Who are the players to watch for DB?

The defense is our strenth.We are small but get after the offense.Our down linemen make a lot of plays. In the big games against the best teams this year,our overall defense has been the star.On the other side of the ball,it's been hit and miss.The QB has looked great at times and not so great at times.Our running backs and receivers have been the same. Blocking against the better teams has not been up to par.It will be interesting to see if we can open the holes up from here on out. I hope that we don't get conservative about passing,because we could have ran 20 different guys last week for a hundred yards against Elizabethton.

The defense is our strenth.We are small but get after the offense.Our down linemen make a lot of plays. In the big games against the best teams this year,our overall defense has been the star.On the other side of the ball,it's been hit and miss.The QB has looked great at times and not so great at times.Our running backs and receivers have been the same. Blocking against the better teams has not been up to par.It will be interesting to see if we can open the holes up from here on out. I hope that we don't get conservative about passing,because we could have ran 20 different guys last week for a hundred yards against Elizabethton.

Good point! We need to get a passing game established. I believe we can run against any team, but we need to mix things up in order to be successful down the stretch. I still say we need to get Sylvester out and throw the ball to him. His height is a small problem, but the kid can up in the air and is very fast. We are struggling at that position and he will catch the ball. Another thought, UT did play smash mouth football against a pretty good team. I'm old fashion when it comes down toit(run it down their throat and then dump a little pass to mix it up)! I see DB by 17 in this one.

I agree. I did, however, go watch the Science Hill and Bearden game. Sevier County has put together two wins, albeit the competition was not top notch but victories build confidence. Indians come off a open week, hope they can come out fired up. Should be a good one in the first half with the Indians seperating themselves in the second half.

DB 10 - DB kicks field goal to go up 3-0 at end of first quarter, scores touchdown in second to go up 10-0.

SC 7 - SC scores touchdown with under 5 minutes in the second quarter to bring it to 10-7 Indians at the break.

DB 24 - 3 touchdowns and a field goal that doesn't get blocked

SC 14 - 2 touchdowns with the second touchdown coming in the fourth quarter

Final