Who is going to win District 14A?

westtnbball2

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake Co has basically everyone back from last year..Everyone keeps saying they lost one starter..There's several games she didn't start last year and the only reason she may have started was because she was the only senior..The other girl was actually quicker..Lake Co beat Bradford both times last year..by 7 points and by 15 points..And they have a couple freshmen that moved up from the middle school that can play..The best player on last years middle school team in still there,in T.T. Flowers..She will definitely start next year as a freshman..Fastest girl probably to ever play at Lake Co..

How about TT Flowers for Miss Basketball in 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 and then Shamon Pearson in 2012-2013. These two may be the best to every play at LC by time its over. The other girls in their class are also top notch! Carnation Hart and April Mendez. The girls coming of the bench would start for most middle schools in the state! These girls played 8 tourneys over the summer against 1 grade older competition. They won 6 came in second twice. Anyway , the future looks bright for LC girls basketball. How bout WALLACE for district MVP this year or maybe even Miss Basketball? Does she have a chance?

SBL

How about TT Flowers for Miss Basketball in 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 and then Shamon Pearson in 2012-2013. These two may be the best to every play at LC by time its over. The other girls in their class are also top notch! Carnation Hart and April Mendez. The girls coming of the bench would start for most middle schools in the state! These girls played 8 tourneys over the summer against 1 grade older competition. They won 6 came in second twice. Anyway , the future looks bright for LC girls basketball. How bout WALLACE for district MVP this year or maybe even Miss Basketball? Does she have a chance?

SBL

Both T.T. and Shamon looked good in the jamboree..Shamon is only in the 7th grade isn't she?As for Sarah Wallace on the Miss Basketball award..she will really have to step it up this year..Not as flashy as a lot of the other girls but she is steady night in and night out..Plus ...she has a couple other girls that should do well this year in Queenie Jordan and Renita Kinney..

Lake Co has basically everyone back from last year..Everyone keeps saying they lost one starter..There's several games she didn't start last year and the only reason she may have started was because she was the only senior..The other girl was actually quicker..Lake Co beat Bradford both times last year..by 7 points and by 15 points..And they have a couple freshmen that moved up from the middle school that can play..The best player on last years middle school team in still there,in T.T. Flowers..She will definitely start next year as a freshman..Fastest girl probably to ever play at Lake Co..

Lake Co only has two seniors on this years team in Wallace and Jordan and will probably be better next year and in the coming years..T.T.Flowers and Shamon Pearson,8th and 7th grade at Lake Co Middle school should be future stars..Lake Co Middle has beaten Both Northview and Humboldt by 40 points each in games that the subs have played more than the starters

In my opinion, Lake County has got to be the favorite. They should be the best Class A team in West Tennessee. In fact, they would have done well in the state tournament last year. Lake County played Gleason better last year than any team did at the state tournament. They will be even better this year with the freshmen class coming in and only losing one player.

Bradford has a good team and this will be the year where they could go a long way. Dresden, Gleason and Trenton are capable of beating anyone on a given night and should fight it out for the #3 and #4 spots in the district.

Do yall realize that 10 of the last 15 state champions for single a came from district 14. Amazing the kind of bball they play in this area.

sbl

SBL

Lotta pressure to be putting on girls that age.....A whole bunch of things will have to go right for all that to happen....

greenfield played a scrimmage saturday. they beat hickman county out of ky. and, they played a team called e. hickman...is this tn? and, they played another team that i cant remember. they won all three games. i really think the greenfield girls are going to be a little better than what a lot of people think. they're very young....only one senior on the team, and she starts. they have two jr's who dont start. they start three sophomores and a freshman and the senior. but, the sophomores and freshmen on the team are used to winning. they didnt lose a game in jr. high. my prediction is that by the end of the year they will be improved and be very tough to beat.

Guest theshadow

greenfield played a scrimmage saturday. they beat hickman county out of ky. and, they played a team called e. hickman...is this tn? and, they played another team that i cant remember. they won all three games. i really think the greenfield girls are going to be a little better than what a lot of people think. they're very young....only one senior on the team, and she starts. they have two jr's who dont start. they start three sophomores and a freshman and the senior. but, the sophomores and freshmen on the team are used to winning. they didnt lose a game in jr. high. my prediction is that by the end of the year they will be improved and be very tough to beat.

vol007,again you show little knowledge of facts or sports.You have less knowledge of basketball than football.

(1) So you win three scrimmage games,big deal; (2)East Hickman is in TN.; (3) if you had read the schedule or really knew anything about it, you would have known Greenfield played USN.

Now the real meat of the matter,the undefeated teams,you talk about really have very little bearing on what happens in high school. The Greenfield Junoir High teams played a "very very weak" schedule.Greenfield Junior

did "not" play Lake County,South Fulton or Union City junior highs or middle schools.The tournament they play in is made up of very weak teams in the county.

Please gather more info and facts.Fact,Humboldt,Halls and Greenfield have alot of work to do.

Fact,Lake County,Bradford,Trenton,Dresden and Gleason are the teams to beat.South Fulton needs watching.

More goes into putting athletic teams together than playing a weak junior high schedule and going undefeated playing nobody.

I'm sorry but your Greenfield girls are weaker than you think and are at least one year if not 2 years away from being a good basketball team.Also you might want find the them some more size and rebounding for the future.I have been told the junior high is not that big and their style doesn't develop good high school players.I saw some of the team in some games this summer and they have a lot of work to do to be good high school players.I saw your present sophmore and freshmen players in junior high,hope they have improved because the things they did in junior high won't win in high school.

An earlier post had you at 9th in one of the toughest disricts in the state.They were right.

vol007,again you show little knowledge of facts or sports.You have less knowledge of basketball than football.

(1) So you win three scrimmage games,big deal; (2)East Hickman is in TN.; (3) if you had read the schedule or really knew anything about it, you would have known Greenfield played USN.

Now the real meat of the matter,the undefeated teams,you talk about really have very little bearing on what happens in high school. The Greenfield Junoir High teams played a "very very weak" schedule.Greenfield Junior

did "not" play Lake County,South Fulton or Union City junior highs or middle schools.The tournament they play in is made up of very weak teams in the county.

Please gather more info and facts.Fact,Humboldt,Halls and Greenfield have alot of work to do.

Fact,Lake County,Bradford,Trenton,Dresden and Gleason are the teams to beat.South Fulton needs watching.

More goes into putting athletic teams together than playing a weak junior high schedule and going undefeated playing nobody.

I'm sorry but your Greenfield girls are weaker than you think and are at least one year if not 2 years away from being a good basketball team.Also you might want find the them some more size and rebounding for the future.I have been told the junior high is not that big and their style doesn't develop good high school players.I saw some of the team in some games this summer and they have a lot of work to do to be good high school players.I saw your present sophmore and freshmen players in junior high,hope they have improved because the things they did in junior high won't win in high school.

An earlier post had you at 9th in one of the toughest disricts in the state.They were right.

Greenfield probably will not beat Lake County, Bradford, Trenton, Dresden, or Gleason this season, but they are capable of beating the rest. South Fulton is terrible by the way. The three teams that Greenfield scrimmaged yesterday, Hickman County (KY), East Hickman (a first year school), and USN, are all pretty bad. Greenfield doesn't have any size or experience. However, this will be a tougher group next year and definitely a tough group two years from now.