11/2 White House at Greenbrier

timbdp

( the paradoy of "The Streak", if I may brag, was my best stuff.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> )

hahahahaha... I remember that "Streak" parody... as much as I hated it at the time... I did laugh...

I also would like to thank Coach Porter and his snippet in the Tennessean today... he made us sound like a million bucks! I would also like to add a correction...

he said: "When you look back at the last 10 years and look at what they've done; they've been to the finals once (suffering a 34-6 lost to Knoxville Fulton in 2004); they've been to the semis (2003 semifinals) another time; they won four straight region championships; they're going to dress 90 kids; and they have a four-million-dollar remodelization of their stadium. Them and Station Camp are two of the hottest programs around. When you look at what (Greenbrier head coach) Kirk Williams and his program has done, it's pretty awesome.???

we only won three in a row region titles... 2002 was the runner-up year /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Im still trying to find where how many times the schools have "been to the Boro" is gonna decide this fight... but thats whatever I guess...

Ill agree in saying that not everyone from Greenbrier hates White House and vice versa...Somewhere along the line it just kinda developed... mostly because we always lost... lets just have a good time tonight!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT BLUE DEVILS,MAKE US ALUMNI PROUD TONIGHT WITH CARRYING ON

A WINNING TRADITION FOR US AT BOBCAT STADIUM.I REMEMBER BACK MY SOPHOMORE

YEAR IN 93,WE WON THE REGION CHAMPIONSHIP THAT NIGHT AND PROPELLED US INTO

THE PLAYOFFS.PLAY WITH HEART AND WIN FOR YOUR COMMUNITY,GOOD LUCK ,WE'LL BRING

THE NOISE............

I am in Missouri and not able to see this game in person but I wish the best of luck to BOTH teams because I know this is a game with deep intensity and emotion for both sides. Reading through the past few posts I learned a lot. That because of a FEW (like people that write antagonizing poems and songs) the school that is part of MY blood is disliked and looked on with contempt and from some of the posts I can understand why. I can only apologize for whatever part of this I may have taken but my apologies for others would only be in vain. I can assure any team we play in everyday life we are not BAD people but behind a computer keyboard sometimes most fans gets a little too big for their britches as my mother used to say. The game will not necessarily go to the best team on the field tonight or even the one that wants it most or deserves it the most but the game will go to the one that has most things go right. Regardless these two schools are good schools with good athletes in all sports. In the questions raised I find that overall Greenbrier as a school has been to the 'Boro three times (two championships) whereas White House has been once (one championship) so neither team should be thought of as a joke as someone said. Both coaching staffs work hard and both teams work hard. And nothing we say on these boards is going to change the outcome of the way the boys play the game tonight. BUT the way in which WE play this CoachT game is how the world will view our schools no matter what the sportmanship on the field.

Good luck to both teams in this game. I look forward to seeing the tape.

WHHS...didn't realize you were already in MO. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope all goes well.

I circled by the field a few minutes ago and those Greenbrier bleachers are blinding in the sun. The field looks like perfection and is very peaceful in midday. In just a few hours it will be the loudest place in Robertson County. I think we pretty much root for each other every other week but this one but let's get down to the backyard brawl.

To the Bobcats of Greenbrier: Whatever the record is has nothing to do with most of the boys on the field tonight. That was other teams and another time. Tonight you have the chance to show us what the 2007 Bobcats can do. We are proud to be Bobcats whatever the score is to be and even the Devils can't take that away. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

To our Senior players, it has been an extreme pleasure watching you play football. From the quarterback to the seniors standing on the sidelines, you guys make up such a big part of what makes hundreds come out to watch this team. Thank you for the great performances and for teaching the ones coming after you what the word Team really means. You will all be missed. Make tonight a great memory.

Go CATS!!

Sorry! I didn't realize it may for somethin' serious. My bad! Will pray for you also (even though I don't know the details, He does).

Good luck and God bless!

Hopefully are passing game will get reved up tonight. But are running game continues to be strong with Dixon and Payne. I think Trox needs to have a great game to get his confidence up for the playoffs. We need to play hard tonight against a solid Greenbrier team. I'll go with WH 31 Greenbrier 20.

WH WON 17-14

It's just a shame that a game this important is decided by a bad call. No sour grapes but I watched thr game on CSS and that was definitely a good catch that the ref waived off. That guy doesn't need to work the playoffs just wouldn't be fair to either team

Great job everyone, to bad someone has to lose a game that well played.

Hopefully are passing game will get reved up tonight. But are running game continues to be strong with Dixon and Payne. I think Trox needs to have a great game to get his confidence up for the playoffs. We need to play hard tonight against a solid Greenbrier team. I'll go with WH 31 Greenbrier 20.

Way to bounce back in the 2nd half Trox. Nice throws on that last drive, and also nice catches by Neal and Parker on that last drive. Great kick Tro. The talent is there to make a run in the playoffs. I also think we showed more balance on offense tonight. Haven't seen the stats yet but i would guess it was close to 20 passes along with about 25 runs. Also the defense didn't give up any points tonight. Greenbriers scores came on a int. return and a punt return. So great job D, and also I cant remember Chad Neal missing a tackle all year if he hits someone. So keep it up Chad.

Greenbrier: 17

White House: 14

HOWEVER.........I am pulling for the Blue Devils to win the contest because it's what Sycamore needs to have an opportunity to get in the postseason /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You almost nailed it. Greenbrier missed a FG right before half....then got a terrible call on a 4th down catch that would have given GB 1st and goal late in the fourth. I'm looking forward to seeing the replay.

Tough loss for these seniors. They played their hearts out against a good WH team.

Good luck to all the Region 4 3-A teams in the playoffs.