Inter-Mountain Conference

DZbettin

While there are still lots of scenario's for touranment, we will play a huge game next Friday at Jeff where the past two years we have been embarrassingly soundly defeated. Is next Friday Senior Night at Jeff?

Yes it is Senior Night. Last regular season home game for Seniors Laura Potts, Taylor Brooks, Katisha Mattison and Kelsey Elliott

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Proposed Scenario:

East loses to Greeneville

Cocke County Loses to Jeff

Cherokee beats West.

A: Does East win the teibreaker ( and finish 2nd) by virtue of a 3-1 record head to head, Cocke County is 3rd (2-2) and Cherokee finish 4th?

B: East finishes 2nd due to head to head, then 3rd place is decided by first head to head (split), and then record against teams above them? Thus putting Cocke County in 3rd and Cherokee in 4th? Or is the second tiebreaker the record versus teams below them? Or is it a coin flip?

Scenario 2:

East and Cocke finish tied for 2nd without Cherokee? How is that tiebreaker decided?

Scenario 3:

West wins both games remaining.

Jeff beats Cocke County.

Creates 3 way tie at 4-6.

Same situation as above: Due to 3-1 record in head up matches, is Cherokee 4th, West 5th, and Jeff 6th?

Does anyone know?

Most likely scenario (IMO):

Cocke and Cherokee win, East loses, West loses both.

Cocke County finishes 2nd, East is 3rd, Cherokee 4th, Jeff 5th, West 6th.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm not sure on the tiebreaker system. Since the TSSAA could care less about the District Tournaments, there is no statewide system of tiebreakers as we see in football and it is up to individual districts to develop their own system.

(The TSSAA leaves Districts on their own as to determining the way to place teams into the tournaments. As an example, Districts are not required to have tournaments, the board of contol could simply say that the four teams with the best regular season records in the district advance. All the TSSAA cares about is that those districts place four teams into the regional tourney to determine who makes the sub-state round, when the TSSAA takes over, meanwhile the TSSAA administrates the entire state football tournament.)

I think if scenario one developed on Friday (East loss, Cocke County loss and Cherokee win)....which isnt far fetched...then the three teams involved could be forced to draw for seeds 2-4.

In part A...I see the point about saying East went 3-1 with the two other teams, but not sure if they can penalize Cocke County because Cherokee lost twice to East. Of course, if your East and Cocke County - you like the scenario, because you won't finish any worse than third place and avoid Greeneville until the finals.

I'm not really sure on this...

Scenario two (East and Cocke County both win, or both lose and Cherokee loses) would involve a coin flip between Cocke County and East for second and third - since the two teams split the head-to-head series.

Scenario 3 looks like either a draw or using the tiebreaker system you listed.

d

GHS_CoachingStaff_Fan that is another person with the same opinion. Maybe you need to take off those rose colored glasses! You keep wanting people to come to you and talk. Please, YOU give the opinion truth by your ranting. What if every parent got in your wife's face every time she said something to their daughter they didn't like? How would you be feeling about that? Would you challenge those parents too? Come on Mr. GHS_CoachingStaff_Fan get a GRIP!!!!

It would certainly be better than being slandered anonymously on a message board. This has always been a good-natured IMAC forum and we tend to refrain from posts of such a personally damaging nature...I am sure if any of these girls' parents feel she was harming them in some way they would have already taken action.Seriously, its not the only program ...I'm sure any of the county programs would welcome them with open arms. What I am wondering, however, is who ordained you to be the mouthpiece for these disgruntled parents? You already have said you don't have a kid on the team...whats your beef with Stacia anyway? And don't try and convince us its her coaching style cause you have already gotten way too personal for that one.

It would certainly be better than being slandered anonymously on a message board. This has always been a good-natured IMAC forum and we tend to refrain from posts of such a personally damaging nature...I am sure if any of these girls' parents feel she was harming them in some way they would have already taken action.Seriously, its not the only program ...I'm sure any of the county programs would welcome them with open arms. What I am wondering, however, is who ordained you to be the mouthpiece for these disgruntled parents? You already have said you don't have a kid on the team...whats your beef with Stacia anyway? And don't try and convince us its her coaching style cause you have already gotten way too personal for that one.

I ask you the same question. WHO ORDAINed YOU TO BE THE MOUTHPIECE FOR EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD. Again, you need to go back and read the post and you will see that I am not trying to be the mouthpiece for anyone but myself. Oh, I forgot you thought it was a bone so you went to barking. I know you aim to please. Barb, honestly you don't even have to reply to my responses because you are always off key!

I will say this about Greeneville's coach. Her record speaks for itself and you don't play the type of defense Greeneville does without excellent coaching. Offensively, they are not nearly as good and often rely on Dickson's talent to pull them through. She is probably still learning on offense, but defensively she is doing well. I saw her bench her starters in a game in the Bristol Holiday Tournament for a lack of effort. She benched them during the third quarter in a very close game. I did not hear her cuss them, but she really got after them verbally and came back at them several times. It was a bit hysterical and a little over the top, even for me and I was a yeller as a coach, but it worked. The starters came back in and won the game in the fourth quarter. Is she a great coach? In my opinion, not yet. However, she is young and still learning and may turn in to a great one. When her stars graduate, her coaching ability will be put to the test. I'm betting she passes the test and time and experience will mellow her verbal outbursts.

The joke is you!! You must have lost your mind. This is my wife you are talking about here. I have been to many of the practices for the past three years. For the past three years she has never sit in on Coach Duncan's practices. When her practice is done she is headed home to be with her family. And for some person like you to get on here and bash her and talk about her vulger language is nonsense. Why don't you be a man and come talke to me about these issues. East Tennessee basketball is the same it has been for the past ten to fifteen years. No weaker and no stronger. Since you have such a big mouth please feel free to come talk to me anytime!! Call any of her former players and there would be nothing negative said about her. So please just grow up and quit bashing someone.

All I speak is truth. For you to come on the forum and say that she doesn't use vulgarity in the locker room and has never sat in on coach duncan's practice is absolutely obsured. I have personally seen and heard her do both. She then attempts to copy what coach d does which I understand because he IS a coach that knows what he is doing but its to no avail. Ask any former player about the way she speaks and they will most definately tell you. If I'm not mistaken she was just approached by the AD randy richards about her conduct with the girls so don't make her out to be all great and holy. Everyone on here talks about Greeneville plays tough defense and that is coached so it has to be coach c. NO its not coach c. Yes Greeneville girls play hard but the reason is Greeneville girls are used to winning. They know what it takes to play tough defensive and be successful. How do they know this? Well almost all girls that play now played for coach bill mulhahan who was a great coach. HE instilled the fundamentals on defense and playing tough. His record at the middle school speaks for itself. ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who had played the game in college like coach c could have done what she has done with these teams. She doesn't know how to coach she was a player and anyone who had that knowledge could have came in and did what she has done...anyone.

All I speak is truth. For you to come on the forum and say that she doesn't use vulgarity in the locker room and has never sat in on coach duncan's practice is absolutely obsured. I have personally seen and heard her do both. She then attempts to copy what coach d does which I understand because he IS a coach that knows what he is doing but its to no avail. Ask any former player about the way she speaks and they will most definately tell you. If I'm not mistaken she was just approached by the AD randy richards about her conduct with the girls so don't make her out to be all great and holy. Everyone on here talks about Greeneville plays tough defense and that is coached so it has to be coach c. NO its not coach c. Yes Greeneville girls play hard but the reason is Greeneville girls are used to winning. They know what it takes to play tough defensive and be successful. How do they know this? Well almost all girls that play now played for coach bill mulhahan who was a great coach. HE instilled the fundamentals on defense and playing tough. His record at the middle school speaks for itself. ANYONE and I mean ANYONE who had played the game in college like coach c could have done what she has done with these teams. She doesn't know how to coach she was a player and anyone who had that knowledge could have came in and did what she has done...anyone.

Our beloved IMAC thread is about to head to the chopping block I'm afraid

Our beloved IMAC thread is about to head to the chopping block I'm afraid

Yeah King baby, it doesn't look like we are going to make it to 1000 posts this year without someone shutting us down...too bad. Perhaps these 2 "fans" should go start the "Stacia Crumbley hater" thread and just leave the rest of us alone to talk basketball.

In my personal opinion I feel that Coach Crumbley has done a good job. Has there been times that I have wondered why she did this or why she didn't do that??? Sure as I have coached and am a basketball observer but I used to wonder why this college coach did this or that as well. Even when coach burkey was here I would do the same with him. And being tough on the girls heck ask someone who played for coach Larry Ricker if he was tough on them. If you talk to them while they played for him most would probably say they really did not like him BUT when they got finished with their playing career (high school) most would say they loved and admired the man. Most of those girls would do anything for him. Sure Coach Crumbley has had some talent but even a really good coach has to have talent to win. The coaching staff has a great record and I look for it to improve over the next couple of years, sure they may not always go to the state tourney or even win the district but I can remember a time when Greeneville girls basketball was not even thought about. Keep up the good work ladies you are doing a good job.

Yeah King baby, it doesn't look like we are going to make it to 1000 posts this year without someone shutting us down...too bad. Perhaps these 2 "fans" should go start the "Stacia Crumbley hater" thread and just leave the rest of us alone to talk basketball.

I agree Barb. You guys need to take this somewhere else.

We are approaching Senior nights for most teams, and I think this is an unusally large Senior Class in the IMAC.

Jeff has 4

West has 1

East has 1

Greeneville has 2?

Cherokee has 4?

Cocke County has 1? 2?

Please correct me if I have the numbers above wrong.

Although now that I list them, I am thinking that West had 8 last year? And East had 5 or 6?

Anyone care to talk about "thier" Seniors, or anyone else's?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />