Gville vs South Pittsburg

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me and my wife are new to the area, and we watched our first Pirate game friday night, i was just admiring your team.

Old Pirate says coach you have to be rather smart........ you better be prepared.... the jasper folks won't except 500 ball for very long. jasper is playing against some programs that are simply better. Hope you have a motor home or pull trailor.

SP fans I have to give you a thumbs up for the enthusiasm showed last Friday in the beatdown of FCS. Just about the loudest I've heard in a long,long time. Cudos for the Pirate coaching staff who was in the game from start to finish. Times are good here in SP right now and we look for them to stay good. I see the biggest difference in this years team to last years team is that we've had boys grow up to be men! Coach Grider and staff should be commended for there tight ship they run. Look up the road from us and you can see what lazy coaching will get you.FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are pretty good. We had a starting safety and corner out last week (along with a couple others) but we should have all but one lineman back. FC gets shut out if the starting safety had been in the game. Besides if they start passing a lot the LB's will get some shots on the QB

will those two players be back this week?

They are pretty good. We had a starting safety and corner out last week (along with a couple others) but we should have all but one lineman back. FC gets shut out if the starting safety had been in the game. Besides if they start passing a lot the LB's will get some shots on the QB

I guess it's a good thing that Smith is physical--he saved the Friendship game with a big hit. I wonder if the Gmen will decide to use to QBs this week. Two is better than one. I watched SP back up throw the ball last year. It looked like he would be the starter. I was suprised when the QB with the smaller arm entered the game. What's up with that?

Let me just put this out there.

G-ville while region 4 is behind you good luck

Just a little knowledge sprinkled here:

You know how when FCS played SP and people were saying about the no exchange of tape thing

why would you need to exchange tape when good ole TC brought three or four with them when they played SP

Yeah TC's own coach didn't believe from the get go that he or his team could beat the Pirates

so instead of backing his region he brought every game tape he had on FCS and sold them out

It's one thing not to believe your team can win but to sabotage another of your own region

not to say that was the reason SP won they have talent and were better than FCS

G-ville don't be so gung ho to accept your fellow region bretherens well wishes

You were on the tapes too!

It's not the fact that FCS was sold out but the fact that there was never a doubt in the old legends mind TC could win

why else would you bring all those tapes It wasn't for SP to see what they were missing! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dont really know dis feller and dont really care to. Sorry fer all dat rite dare. Good luck to both dese here teams but Ole Possumtowner is hopin fer a little more luck fer dem G-Men

Zone OP is glad you responded to this cat. Everyone apparently hates FCS and is not shy about expressing the feelings.Old Pirate says perhaps FCS should work on their image. Many fans heard their coaches spouting fowl language at the game.

And in the past couple of weeks, a lot of folks have learned why.

I guess it's a good thing that Smith is physical--he saved the Friendship game with a big hit. I wonder if the Gmen will decide to use to QBs this week. Two is better than one. I watched SP back up throw the ball last year. It looked like he would be the starter. I was suprised when the QB with the smaller arm entered the game. What's up with that?

Old Pirate says the sophmore QB will be a force for the next 2 years and OP heard it was an experience factor on which would be the starter. The senior is a grear kid that will not get you beat and is possibly quicker/faster than the sophmore. The SP faithful has no problem knowing the sophmore QB would be a adequate replacement, if the starter were to go down. OP says the depth for the Pirate's back field is a strong 2 deep situation.

just realized I am about 100 miles from SP, I can make that drive in 1 hour.

I know you are in college and a bit more up on math than me . But you said you drive 80-85 miles per hour. Now its 100 miles to south pit. You have to average 100 miles per hour to get there, with countyboy calculations. That means if you have to slow for traffic you would have to exceed 120 mph to get there in an hour. Depending on delays. Maybe faster even in mph. HMMMMMMM Need a ticket and go to jail??? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Just yanking your chain Shiz...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />