LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that this is going to be a great game. DL has got to be hungry enough to eat concrete for this championship...and you cannot say they dont have experience or motivation. As good as Fulton is (and they are nothing short of a dynasty) I think this could be DL's.

And nothing personal against the Falcon, but it would only be just for DL to get the gold ball. Of course, justice has NOTHING to do with football.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't even remember making any comments about Fulton. I don't even recall knowing much about anything on Fulton at that time other than my preparation for the radio broadcast. I generally talk in past tense about Lipscomb or about my feelings concerning the talent level. So if you are admitting that you called me out...it was ok.. I take alot of heat from a number of posters at times on CoachT. About this team over the past. I felt like the 06 version was better than the 05 version across the board. The 07 Team is still a mystery to me. I felt that our Region was down significantly this year. There is no definitive leader or leaders of this team...and thats not a shot at them. They all recognize what is needed to be accomplished in practice and in a game and in the locker room. Coach Mac indicated to me the other night that the guys play within themselves and give all they can collectively. The so-called playmakers were all contributors to last years team, even though that team was senior laden. Last year against Fulton the media and the folks in the press box did not give Lipscomb much of a chance to win. However at the half and the end of the game these same folks were amazed how close the game ended and how Lipscomb hung in there. There is still a feeling that Region 2 is the creme of AAA Football. The media will fall into that category as well. Lipscomb did not beat Mitchell as bad as some would have expected and that will weigh in as well. My good friend in Dyersburg indicates that Fulton will be licking their chops as well to get at Lipscomb. I feel that Lipscomb is preceived as an underdog in this game and I will be going into the game with that same feeling. However, I know this staff well and I know the team well and they will go into the game believing they have a game plan to win the game. I recall the 2002 Lipscomb team. They played 3 number 1 teams in the playoffs and only gave up a total of 8 points and blasted a Mitchell team. Mitchell had all the size and the speed and could do nothing with the Mustangs. Based on last years game, Lipscomb has a tremendous respect for the Fulton program and they are in the Championship game as well. So we'll just wait for the outcome. If they beat Fulton, I may rank them better than our 06 squad. Here is how I rank the Lipscomb Championship caliber teams of the past:

1. 1994-State Champs

1b. 2002-State Champs

3. 2006 State Runner up

4. 1998 State Runner up

5. 2005 State Runner up

6. 2003 State Runner up waiting to position the 2007 team.

Thank you... It looks like this year's Falcon team may not be as loaded with talent as last year's team either. However, dressing out enough playmakers to make the return trip to murfreesboro. It will be a game of match-ups and skill vs discipline. This could be the most competetive game on Friday or Saturday. Coaching truly could be the X-factor.

Go Falcons!

PHOTO,

GOOD NEWS! I hear DL has their very own bagpipe player! I know you can't wait!!!

GO FALCONS!

Yep... looks like I might go to goodwill and pick out a nice kilt or at least a plaid skirt. All weekend long I've been working with Splo on an accordian re-mix of "Fly'n like a Falcon". Can you see it? Splo & photoman wearing shades, gold chains, and a kilt workin' the croud at the boro! I just hope my mom doesn't see it.

good luck to both teams LIPSCOMB and FULTON. i dont care who wins but whoever does ought to do it with class. have fun, hit hard, and make every moment unforgetable. enjoy the rings. whether its the first time or the third!

Lipscomb has 2- 2A rings and will be looking for their 1st 3A ring.

good luck to both teams LIPSCOMB and FULTON. i dont care who wins but whoever does ought to do it with class. have fun, hit hard, and make every moment unforgetable. enjoy the rings. whether its the first time or the third!

Coach Mac, and Buck & The Blacks will make this nothing less than a 1st class game. Just as it was last year, and as it may be in years to follow. Both have atletes, and discipline. One without the other does not get a team this far. This Fulton team is however, very different than last years group. Young, very loose, and with nothing to lose. This bunch just seems to love playing. Have not seen them tight since Oak Ridge. They got stomped by Catholic, rebounded very well, and have as a TEAM really improved more so than any Fulton team that I can remember.

ruse?

Now that I am done trying to explain simple things to simple people I will now talk about the game between the Fulton Falcons vs the David Lipscomb Mustangs.

In order for David Lipscomb to win they are going to have to run the football effectively. In last year's game the Mustangs running game was controlled throughout the contest by the Falcons defensive front (namely Hamilton & Higgins). With the exceptions of one long Elrod run the Mustangs ground game was grounded from the outset. The other TD if you all recall came on a long TD pass from Hunt-to-Lehning in which the Fulton DB totally misjudged the football. This season David Lipscomb has ran the football against everyone that they've lined up against. They have three backs that are very capable of going the distance at any point in time. #21 Zach Rogers is the first of those three. He is the fastest player on the field in next week's game for either team TRUST ME!!!! If he breaks outside then you'd better get the kick return team ready because he is gone. The second is #23 Jeremy Holt. He is the Mustangs best back and a Mr. Football Finalist for Class 3A. Jeremy is averaging well over 10 yards per carry this season and will need one more big performace for the Mustangs to win. The final back is #28 Russ Moneypenny. He is the power back who gets those "tough yards" in the crucial situations for the Mustangs. All three of those guys (or at least 2 of the 3) will have to play well in order for DL to win. On defense the Mustangs have got to find a way to get better against the run. For three weeks now teams have ran the football with tremendous success against David Lipscomb. The secondary for DL is great. #13 Kyle Lehning, #21 Zach Rogers, & #23 Jeremy Holt are all tremendous players. Fulton will find yards tough to come by against the "Cover 2 scheme" that DL plays.

In order for Fulton to win they must again find a way to win the line of scrimmage. I have seen them both on film against AE and in person against PC. The Falcons dominated up front against both of those teams. #3 Terrence Cobb & #27 Bubba Stokes make for a very large offensive backfield that just pounds opposing defenses down. By controlling the football and controlling the clock this makes it easy for Fulton as has been the case throughout their playoff run. #10 Jonathan Blair is going to again have to step up when he is called upon. The main reason why Marshall Co., Bolivar Central, & Mitchell all fell against DL is because none of them were able to throw the football without incompleting passes or turning the football over. Fulton's trio of receivers is great. #4 Vic Smith is a great athlete that can run. The TD catch that he had on the slant last night was ridiculous. #9 Derrick Humphrey & #2 Ken Tyson are also good targets with good speed. If Fulton can throw it with any success like they did in last year's game then they'll be tough to beat. On defense the Falcons have got to play strong against the run. This means that players like #3 Terrence Cobb, #44 Devin Crawford, & #27 Bubba Stokes are going to have to play responsibility football as well as physical football. The Mustangs "Wing-T" approach is much different than the styles of offenses that Fulton has seen against Austin East & Pearl Cohn. The secondary's biggest concern will have to be to contain Rogers from catching the football.

The kicking edge goes to David Lipscomb. Kyle Lehning is like 101/102 PATs. His all-time state record for consecutive PATs came to an end last night at 99 when he had his PAT blocked after the Mustangs first score. Fulton goes for 2-POINTS all of the time with their last made PAT coming back in 2005.

NO PREDICTIONS BUT HERE'S TO HOPING FOR A DAVID LIPSCOMB MUSTANGS WIN ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Region 5-3A Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was a well put post except for one small little part about Zach Rodgers being the fastest person on the field. I've never seen him at full speed or do not know too much about him but unless he runs under a 4.36 40(vic smith) he WILL NOT be the fastest on the field.... GO FALCONS!!

Coach Mac, and Buck & The Blacks will make this nothing less than a 1st class game. Just as it was last year, and as it may be in years to follow. Both have atletes, and discipline. One without the other does not get a team this far. This Fulton team is however, very different than last years group. Young, very loose, and with nothing to lose. This bunch just seems to love playing. Have not seen them tight since Oak Ridge. They got stomped by Catholic, rebounded very well, and have as a TEAM really improved more so than any Fulton team that I can remember.

ruse?

Well put, except the part about 'nothing to lose'. This team BADLY wants to win and ever since before Oak Ridge, they've felt like the weight of the world was on their shoulders. Fulton has everything to gain though. Good luck Falcons!

GreenbrierCat2, I would like for YOU and the CoachT police to notice this post that I have quoted and tell me where I have attacked this guy in any way, shape, or form /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

TadVols, why don't you go and start another controversial thread on Pearl Cohn so that somebody can come on and shut it down like they just did to that retarded nonsense that you brought up?????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

.......................and that is THE LAST LITTLE WORD!!!!

Naw ..the poster said you made good remarks and instead of just taking the comment you had to come back with something ... your probably one of those guys who never shuts up and knows it all ... I laughed my head off when I read the above post .. it is so easy to get you to pull that trigger it aint funny ... Oh and by the way Thanks for picking DL. Makes me feel alot better since you have put your kiss of death on it .