Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

Im not going to talk smack about maplewoods game plan of what they may or might not be doing on the field ..but im sure going to talk about other things that i feel are worth speaking of .. like students paying to go to a "public" school..special tranfers ..2 addresses .. things of that sort.

BEFORE YOU START TALKING ABOUT THOSE OTHER THINGS, JUST PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE AND READ MY PREVIOUS POST

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont waste my time watching it because your undisciplined team dont have a chance against Maryville

if we dont have a chance......... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> .............what did yall have????????????????? same results i guess............. hey man the game is over. what happened is what happened but you don't have to get on here talking about thoes kid as if they don't read this. what kind of class do that show that you have....

congrats to HCHS TEAM on a great season and hopefully we meet you again next year

Maryville did play bad in the playoff game vs West. Maryville dropped several passes and fumbled twice. Maryville also had nearly 150yds in penalties.

The Melrose defense gave up only 5.86 points per game that season. And they held Maryville to 7. That game was one of only 3 times in GQ's tenure that MHS has been held to 7 points or less.

thats what great teams go guys, they find a way to win; overcoming their own mistakes sometimes.

I'm a Memphis guy who pulls for Memphis teams, so I don't have a dog in this fight. Considering all the things that I have read in this thread ... and I have read it from top to bottom, I have a few observations.

Henry County:

Great season. Your school is going through its learning phase. I remember when Melrose went through theirs under coach Ingram. The first year they made it to the semi-finals ... they lost to coach Adeylot's (sp?) Hillsboro team @ Melrose by a score of 7-6. They followed that with another semi-final loss to the same team by a score of 22-21 (or something like that). They followed that with two straight appearences in the championship game ... only to lose to Maryville both times. I'm not saying that HC will or will not make it to the championship game next year ... I am saying that there is a learning process that takes place. The point I'm trying to make is that winning at the top level is a learned thing ... by everyone involved. Henry has made great strides in this regard. Good season.

Maplewood:

I have read numerous posts from Hillsboro and Henry County fans alike saying things like ... "Maplewood is more fortunate then good because in each instance, the team that they played just had a bad game that day"... "and Maplewood won these games, but they weren't the better team." Those are not direct quotes ... but you get the gist of what I am saying. I read where ... Maplewood would not have beat Hillsboro if it wern't for all of the fumbling and so on and so forth. I have read where it has been said that ... "Melrose is better then Maplewood, and if it were not for some bad execution from Henry County .... yada, yada, yada."

Truth of the matter is ... Maplewood is that good. They beat Hillsboro fair and square. They beat Henry County fair and square. Both victories were at the other teams home field! If Hillsboro or Henry County didn't perform up to par ... too bad. I happen to think Maplewood is the reason why they didn't play so well. Even if you don't agree ... Maplewood DID what was needed to win ... The other teams didn't. Maplewood advances ... the other two teams work towards spring training while watching basketball games.

If you have a bad taste in your mouth after your defeat at the hands of Maplewood ... I can understand. If you didn't like the antics of some of the players/coaches/fans/whoever ... I can understand that as well. But trying to discredit them AFTER they beat your team LOOKS BAD. You don't have to like them or respect them ... but trying to discredit their accomplishments is just plain wrong. Maplewood is darn good ... give them credit or don't ... but, they are in the championship game ... everybody else is a spectator.

The Championship game:

I remember when Melrose first played Maryville ... everybody expected a blow-out. It wasn't. In fact .. it was very close.

Maryville has the swagger. Maryville has the experience. Maryville has the coaching. Maryville is suppose to win. Maryvile is the superior TEAM. Maryville by as many as they choose.

Maplewood is just glad to be here ... or so we ar told.

But ... I keep remembering the first game between Melrose and Maryville ... I could be wrong ... but for some reason ... it sticks in the back of my mind. Maplewood's offense isn't flashy. They are an inner city team that is filled with athletes ... not a cohesive TEAM ... like Maryville. They have one of the BEST defenses in TN high school football. They are the unanimus underdog and EVERYBODY doubts they will even make it a game.

I don't know ... but it kind of reminds me of the Melrose team that played Maryville those years back ... exact same circumstances ... just change the names ... Melrose ... Maplewood.

I do know this ... Maplewood had to scratch and claw and fight to get here. I don't think they go in here and lay an egg. Everywhere you look ... there are folks doubting them ... there are folks thinking that they won't be able to compete. To me ... its fuel for the fire.

This game will be closer then what folks think. Both teams will lay the wood on each other. I don't buy a blow-out at all. I think it will be low scoring because Maplewood's 'D' is THAT good, and so is Maryville's.

But ... that's my lil ole $0.02 worth.

Good Post Kwc Don't hold it against HC because of a few posters from there. I agree Panthers found a way to win but i was at that game and i can tell you that there was some luck involved in this one. That's football. Let me assure you that HC pretty much had control of that game for 4 quarters till the last few mins. And YES the Panthers won and very much deserve to be in this game. You just never know what can happen in these games. That said i respect the BIG MV very much so. BUT im wishing for them Panthers to knock them off. I can wish can't i. BOSKI fire them up for it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Knox West has a darn good team. Every Maryville fan I talked to was really nervous over that game. West lost 5 games but look who they lost to.

Farragut. Farragut beat them 40-24. Farragut was leading 28-7 at the half. West's starting quarterback Jake Ryan had to sit out the 1st half for disciplinary reasons. When Ryan come back in the 2nd half Farragut had no answer for West. West had no answer for Andre Sterling. It would have been much closer had Ryan played the whole game. Farragut reached the 5A quarterfinals losing to Bearden.

Bearden. Bearden beat West 17-14. Bearden had a great team that reached the 5A semifinals losing 17-14 to Smyrna. West gave Bearden fits before losing.

Halls. West blew a big lead in losing that game in overtime.

Maryville beat West twice 35-21 and 17-9.

It is hard to beat a good team twice. Hillsboro found that out losing to Maplewood. West has some great skill players. No team Maryville faced had better wide receivers and running backs. West had one running back that weighed 225. He was aload. The other tailback was a speedster. The quarterback was good but not near as good as Alcoa and Sullivan South's quarterback.

Maryville did play bad in the playoff game vs West. Maryville dropped several passes and fumbled twice. Maryville also had nearly 150yds in penalties.

Maryville ..not as good as they think. they can be beat!!! and should be beat ... there are a lot of folks in east tn ..that hate maryville i wonder why?

"I have experienced Maryville fans, first hand, and believe me, humility is nowhere to be found. I don't make it a habit of pulling for other teams outside the area, but this time I think it would be nice to have another team win it. When you put teenagers up on a pedistal as they did when the four players were involved in breaking the law, and penalize them for one game for "violation of team rules", then that to me sends a message that is not very respectable. I had respect for the coach till then. I think it was bad for everybody on Maryville's behalf. I think it was a little more severe than "a violation of team rules." They BROKE THE LAW." - some guy!

wow ... you guys got some gangstas on your team ..no wonder youre so good!!

Maryville ..not as good as they think. they can be beat!!! and should be beat ... there are a lot of folks in east tn ..that hate maryville i wonder why?

"I have experienced Maryville fans, first hand, and believe me, humility is nowhere to be found. I don't make it a habit of pulling for other teams outside the area, but this time I think it would be nice to have another team win it. When you put teenagers up on a pedistal as they did when the four players were involved in breaking the law, and penalize them for one game for "violation of team rules", then that to me sends a message that is not very respectable. I had respect for the coach till then. I think it was bad for everybody on Maryville's behalf. I think it was a little more severe than "a violation of team rules." They BROKE THE LAW." - some guy!

here you go again-thinking you know what your talking about when you don't-get the facts straight-tell us what 4 players broke what law? can you discuss anything about football? stick to the facts-please!!! Oh i forgot you just spread hearsay and rumors-that's real classy!!!! by the way what murvil fans have you experienced?

You are quoting an anomyous poster on knoxnews.com as your source? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This guy is quickly approaching Level I Maryville Hater and it's just Tuesday. Somebody pass the corn, it's going to be an entertaining week. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

All jokes and crap put to the side, good luck Maplewood Saturday night in the Boro!!!!!

You are quoting an anomyous poster on knoxnews.com as your source? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This guy is quickly approaching Level I Maryville Hater and it's just Tuesday. Somebody pass the corn, it's going to be an entertaining week. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

They obviously have computers w/ internet access at Maplewood Comprehensive High School.

What are Maplewoods team colors? History, location etc...?

I almost forgot GO RED REBELS

They have gangstas on their team? From what I witnessed at a Maplewood game, that team is full of nothing but ghetto thugs with no class at all, including the coaches.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> oh wait thats not funny /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

he said it, not me... the guy must know something we dont know and he doesnt want you to find out who he is ..i guess he feels his life is in danger ..with all them thugs on your roster ..i wouldnt feel safe either ...im going to dig deeper ..ill get those names for you ..so get your /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ready ..its going to be a long week ..maryville is a shady school .. and back to football ..this should be a good game ..Maplewood is turning out to be the team that just might beat you ..and im saying this because i believe it .. Maplewood believes it ..a lot of fans believe it. and it should start sinking in by the end of the week that Maplewood is going to be more than ready to deal Maryville knockout... they got the last 4 game tapes from your boys, take a look at what knox west did to you but didnt finish.