Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

i would like to take this time to say maryville's history started in 97 at vanderbilt it was called the clinic bowl back then.

i played for PC it was the coldest weather i remember in my life my hands just thawed out 2 post ago.

anyways i remeber maryville's history and when it started /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maryville won state titles in 1970,1976 and 1978. They were runner ups in 1977 and 1979. At the end of the 70s Maryville had the most playoff wins and was tied with Alcoa and Loudon with 3 state titles since the playoff system started in 1969. 4 times in the 80s Maryville made it to the semifinals before losing. From the late 80s to the late 90s Maryville had some lean years. Since 1997 no one has dominated their class like Maryville has.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a website for the Maryville Rebels...go to google and type in unapproved website.....really good site. Does anyone have a website for Maplewood they can post? Does anyone have a potential starting lineup for both teams with year, ht and wt? Can anyone give any info on either team who will/may be playing in college next year?

HEY SPANKY? ARE YOU THE MAN WHO SETS BEHIND ME (WITH YOUR WIFE) AT THE HOME GAMES YELLING MOVE THOSE CHAINS?

SURE HOPE SO. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE GAME SAT.

GO MARYVILLE

GO ALCOA

GO FULTON

AND YEAH, WHAT SPANKY SAYS...................MOVE THOSE CHAINS................

my wife won't come to the games with me it hurts her ears!!!! but she does love me enough to go by good ole mhs et get my tickets for saturday!!!

against south we had the chains movin' in stereo!!!! GO RED REBELS!!!!!

i would like to take this time to say maryville's history started in 97 at vanderbilt it was called the clinic bowl back then.

i played for PC it was the coldest weather i remember in my life my hands just thawed out 2 post ago.

anyways i remeber maryville's history and when it started /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

actually murvil's atheletic history started in 1917 and they started winning state championships in 1970-good news the weather or at least the temp shouldn't be a factor saturday-GO RED REBELS

a few notes from an outsider

smyrna sent maryvile a player a couple years ago (childs) his dad and him both told me what a great man and class guy coach quarrels is. I met him at the mr football banquet this week and realyed this info to him. He thanked me and within a minute he turned the conversation away from himself and wanted to talk about smyrna and what a great run they are having. He reminds me a lot of Joel Osteen

As for Maplewood I was suprised they didn't make it last year. Smyrna scrimmaged them last year and they absolutely killed us ( now as a side note Smyrna puts less emphasis on winning scrimmages than any team I know)

Their backs were fast and their team speed was amazing. They were for real make no mistake.

I think Maryville will win due to most reasons all ready noted on here but ------ this will not be an easy game by any means. Maplewood will be like Melrose but better coached.

As for Maplewoods coaching staff well kudos to them for sticking with a metro school and all the problems thaty go with it.

good luck to both teams

IS Maryville a private school??? If so, I thought that was the purpose for Div I and II!!! No wonder you guys have won 59 straight!!! The same thing was happening in Nashville, MBA and BA were winning every year! They found that private schools had an unfair advantage against public schools.

Appl Sate beat Mich 1st game of the year!!!!!

It can happen....It will happen!!!!

GO PANTHERS!!!

My son plays in Maplewood's band and they are ready to keep our fans and team Hyped!!!!!

im going to make sure i sit next to him at the game ..and if he makes one sound ... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

TRUST ME, IF YOU NEXT TO HIM YOU WANT KEEP THE MAN QUIET.

JUST AINT POSSIBLE.....LOL

AND I WILL BE RIGHT THERE BACKING HIM UP ALL I CAN.

BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME SET BESIDE US ON THE WINNING SIDE.

GO MARYVILLE REBELS

GO ALCOA

GO FULTON

my wife won't come to the games with me it hurts her ears!!!! but she does love me enough to go by good ole mhs et get my tickets for saturday!!!

against south we had the chains movin' in stereo!!!! GO RED REBELS!!!!!

YEAH WE DID SPANKY.

AND I HOPE YOUR VOICE HAS GOTTEN STRONGER AFTER THE FRIDAY GAME.

MINE IS JUST NOW COMING BACK REAL GGOD.

BUT

I WILL BE THERE YELLING WITH YOU ALL AGIN.

GOTTA KEEP THOSE REBEL FANS ON THEIR FEET MORE SAT ALSO.

SEE YA IN THE BORO.

GO MARYVILLE

Hmmmm............

I did a little research on my own. From 02-04, Maplewood won a total of 3 games and magically started winning in 2005, especially when they should been there in 06 according to some people. Odd isn't it?

And what exactly is a "comprehensive high school" anyway? I found some links when I googled it and found the following:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Sounds to me like there is something fishy going on with this "comprehensive high school" and that is may relate to going from a perennial loser to winner overnight.........

IS Maryville a private school??? If so, I thought that was the purpose for Div I and II!!! No wonder you guys have won 59 straight!!! The same thing was happening in Nashville, MBA and BA were winning every year! They found that private schools had an unfair advantage against public schools.

Appl Sate beat Mich 1st game of the year!!!!!

It can happen....It will happen!!!!

GO PANTHERS!!!

My son plays in Maplewood's band and they are ready to keep our fans and team Hyped!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you have such a vendetta against Maryville. They've earned every single one of their wins and I have nothing but good words to say about their program. When I went to the state semifinal game last year, even though I was covered in Crimson and White, I was still treated curteously and the Maryville fans were welcome. Quarles has built a quality program and it doesn't deserve to be talked down on by people like you. Maryville will win big, but will call off the dogs and take the gold ball with class.

There is a trail of tears from a lot of fans in this thread. I hear all this talk about Maryville being a private school. I hear all this talk about Maryville recruiting players. I just sit here and laugh like crazy over this.

I have some questions for the crybabies.

Maryville has always had some tuition students. Maryville had more tuition students in the late 80s to late 90s. How come I didn't hear no crying about tuition students then?

I want to know if tuition students are such a huge advantage why did Maryville go 20 years without a state title? From 1978-1998 Maryville didn't win a single title. In matter of fact Maryville had several 5-5 seasons back then. In those years I saw a lot of teams give Maryville some thumpings.

If Maryville recruits like crazy how come their offensive line averages only 210lbs a man? Two linemen weigh 200lbs. Another starting lineman weighs 185lbs. Two other starters weigh 230lbs. Why doesn't Maryville have an assembly line of 6'4 285lbs road graders with 4'7 speed if they recruit?

If Maryville recruits how come the linebackers are 5'7 150lbs, 5'11 185lbs, 5'8 176lbs. and 5'9 210lbs? You would think if Maryville recruited they would have 6'3 230lbs linebackers across the board with 4'6 speed.

If Maryville recruited how come they don't have any 6'4 280lbs defensive linemen with 4.7 speed? Their biggest lineman is Justin Smith. He is 6' 245lbs. The 2 starting defensive tackles are 6'2 240lbs and 5'9 230lbs and backed up by a guy who is 5'10 211lbs. The other end opposite Smith is 6'200lbs. His backup is 5'10 190lbs

Maryville has been starting a corner who is 5'7 138lbs. Another corner is 5'10 139lbs. The other corner that was starting was 5'10 155lbs. You would think if Maryville would recruit they would have 6'2 185lbs corners with 4.3 speed.

Maryville does have some outstanding players. Brent Burnett,Steven Shiver,Aaron Douglas,Tyler Clendenen and Caleb Clement are outstanding football players that will play somewhere in college.

The main reason Maryville is winning right now is their coaching staff. They are hands down the best staff in Tennessee and one of the best in the country.

George Quarles is another Steve Spurrier minus the attitude.He has made Brent Burnett into a star. Play calling and scheming is 2nd to none. Best quarterback coach in Tennessee.

David Ellis is the best offensive line coach bar none. Those undersized line get the job done because they are tough kids. But! The main reason they get it done is because of the techniques that they learn from Ellis.

Jim Gaylor is a great defensive coordinator. He gets the absolute best out of those undersized linebackers. Those undersized linebackers are tough as nails.

Joe Robinette is a great receivers coach. He gets the most out of his players.

Joe Pinkerton was defensive ends coach but now he is the secondary coach. This is his last year of coaching. He will be assistant principal next year. He will be a huge loss. He gets the most out of his kids.

Larry Walker coaches the Defensive tackles. He gets the most out of those kids.

Jeremy Russell gets the most out of his kids. He coaches defensive ends.

Mike White is running backs coach. He does a great job. He gets the most out of his kids.

All those undersized kids I mentioned. They may not be the biggest,the strongest or the fastest but they will give 110% every play. They lay it on the line every friday night. They are warriors.

All those kids that play for Maryville are warriors. A lot of those kids have played through pain. Brent Burnett,Aaron Douglas,Chris Jordan and Caleb West have played through bad shoulder pain all year long. Caleb Clement,Steven Shiver,Tim Rodrigues and Marcus Englehardt have played with bad ankles nearly all year long.

Those kids should be congratulated not ripped on these boards.

Me and other Rebel fans love the Rebels because of the way them kids give it their all ever game. We also love the way our players are humble. Every player I talk to is yes sir no sir. What I love the most is Maryville players don't taunt and showboat.The Maryville player that scores will flip the ball to the ref. After every score the other players will congratulate the guy that scored in the end zone then run off the field torward the sideline.

Will Maryville win forever. No they won't. They could very well lose this saturday. But! I truly believe as long as that coaching staff at Maryville stays together that Maryville will keep winning.I'm not saying they will win every game but they will win most of them. If and when Quarles,Ellis or Gaylor leave it will be a huge blow.

Coaching,Having kids that are dedicated,Community support are the biggest reasons Maryville is winning big right now.