Maryville v. Maplewood

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that they have cheated, but don't you think that the out of zone enrollment of Brent Burnette (MVP), Aaron Douglas and Tyler Clendenen certainly helped the success of the Rebels????? And those are just the ones in the SR class that I know of. In their defense, all were properly "recruited"

Of course it does. So what would you have them do about it? Further splits? More folly.

Not that they have cheated, but don't you think that the out of zone enrollment of Brent Burnette (MVP), Aaron Douglas and Tyler Clendenen certainly helped the success of the Rebels????? And those are just the ones in the SR class that I know of. In their defense, all were properly "recruited"

Ican take you and show you where they live and it isn't knox co. Iknow this whole recruiting thing makes you guys feel better so believe what you want, you will have to excuse Ihave to go see about getting a new house for a new player.

yes it is free for the $3500 a yr I pay in city taxes. And I do not consider myself MR MARYVILLE ,Iam actually from N. Knoxville and a graduate from KNOXVILLE CENTRAL were Iwas MR CHS. I am however a proud supporter of MHS and all those little stinking , cheating boys and girls who seem to keep branding "L's" on evrybodys butts and that sir is what you have the problem with. So let us just get right down to the basic fact , and no offense is intended to anyone by this statement , what we have is a bunch of over achieving white kids (predomintely) who work hard and sacrifice and work as a team and they happen to be well coached. we do not have a bunch of "bluechippers" every year but we do have many kids with huge hearts and dedication , and their grades are not bad either. Have you ever been to MARYVILLE ? Ever been to a game on friday night? Ever seen the support system ... parents , community etc etc. I am not an apologist for MARYVILLE , but Iam sorry for you and those like you who cannot respect anyone anywhere for there accomplishments. Until you can do that you will never experience this type of TRADITION! But keep on hating us because we thrive on it! GO REBELS!!!! 60 - 0 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Quite Ironic that you could replace the name of Maryville in this post with most any private school it would mean the same.

yes it is free for the $3500 a yr I pay in city taxes. And I do not consider myself MR MARYVILLE ,Iam actually from N. Knoxville and a graduate from KNOXVILLE CENTRAL were Iwas MR CHS. I am however a proud supporter of MHS and all those little stinking , cheating boys and girls who seem to keep branding "L's" on evrybodys butts and that sir is what you have the problem with. So let us just get right down to the basic fact , and no offense is intended to anyone by this statement , what we have is a bunch of over achieving white kids (predomintely) who work hard and sacrifice and work as a team and they happen to be well coached. we do not have a bunch of "bluechippers" every year but we do have many kids with huge hearts and dedication , and their grades are not bad either. Have you ever been to MARYVILLE ? Ever been to a game on friday night? Ever seen the support system ... parents , community etc etc. I am not an apologist for MARYVILLE , but Iam sorry for you and those like you who cannot respect anyone anywhere for there accomplishments. Until you can do that you will never experience this type of TRADITION! But keep on hating us because we thrive on it! GO REBELS!!!! 60 - 0 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hmmm ... you act like you are the only one paying taxes. Even folks that pay private school tuition pay taxes - so they are paying twice - once for your kid and another for theirs. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not sure what race has to do with anything? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" But, I will say there are a lot of private schools that have overachieving kids with big hearts and determination and good coaching - especially the D1 privates. However, they've been branded as cheaters because they won a few championships. None of them ever exhibited the amount dominance that Maryville or Alcoa has over the last decade. The privates win their championships in onesies and twosies ... not tensies. BUT, the privates were labeled cheaters. I mean, come on, how could they ever win without cheating? (tongue firmly in cheek) My beef is that my 4A school has zero shot - there is some inherent advantage that Maryville and Alcoa have. That advantage is the open-zoned nature of the school. Now, that same open nature is what got BA, MBA, etc banished and the rest of the D1 privates multiplied. Seems hypocritical - and pretty much prejudiced to me.

P.S. - I was actually in Maryville over the weekend in October. Caught a game and attended a wedding for an old college friend. The support seemed just like the support at my school, the 2 other large county schools in this area, and the local privates that are close to my house. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Interesting? Hmmmmmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Of course it does. So what would you have them do about it? Further splits? More folly.

Well first of all I`d like to see some of these crybaby coaches like Satterfield, Rankin, etc quit being so darn hypocritical. They are spreading misleading facts to the general public. They are NOT being HONEST!!! I have no respect for them when they cry about wanting a level playing field and all they talk about is private schools this and private schools that. Why can`t they stand up and be a man about it and admit that if it`s not fair that private schools can get players from other areas then it shouldn`t be fair for schools like Maryville either.

This whole debate is has been centered on private vs. public. It has been manipulated by the Satterfields and Rankins. It was never their mission to "level the playing field" It`s all been about kicking out private schools.