Single A state Champion!

TempleTrue

Manassas is probably the most athletic team in any class in Tennessee this year...I listened to it on AM1190 and even the Humboldt announcer spoke about how Humboldt was just outclassed by the better team tonight...

Of course, it didn't help that Humboldt's best shooter was 1-11 from 3 point range...Humboldt couldn't throw it in the ocean in the 3rd period and that's when Manassas went on a 17-0 run..

Now, notice I said most athletic...Not the best team...Union City, in my eyes, is still the odds on favorite but make no mistake about it...Manassas is very capable of giving them all they want and more...

Good luck to both teams...Represent West Tenn basketball well...

starting off...manassas is better than humboldt...but not 22 points better! i would say they are 7-9 points better...buckner is out of shape...the only person i saw who ws in any shape for manassas was #44 the point guard...buckner didn't impress me at all...M.J. will get Mr. Basketball easily this year...if there is anything to be impressed by from buckner buckner is that he was able to ride roller coasters at the age of 8...yes he had 4 blocks tonight...3 of them were guys throwing up floaters to the goal...a 6'0 guy could've blocked those...but yes, manassas is a talented team...but i don't see them beating UC if they match up..UC will run the floor on them...buckner played the whole first half and was winded with 3 minutes left in the half...

Humboldt played the whole first half in a 1/2 court trap...this rarely worked...manassas nearly broke it every time...lazy shifting in the defense allowed open 3's and the baseline to be wide open...as said, coredero wade was 1 of 11 from 3s...chauncey hunt had 1 point...humboldt was just thrown off of their game by manassas...they double teamed humboldt everytime they would turn their back to a defender...

congrats to manassas and union city on their wins tonight though! bring the gold ball back to the west!! if manassas and UC meet up at state, my money's on UC! i'll be there for it if it happens!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with this prediction:

Single A: Union City or Manassas...if they are in opposite brackets it'll be Manassas V. Union City in finals for sure!

Double A: Dyer Co....They beat one of the top Memphis teams in sub-state and not many teams from the East can compete with Memphis schools

Triple A: Ridgeway is the cream of the crop this year! I saw Maryville win the state finals last year and most AA schools around here could've beaten them. The best team I saw at state last year in AAA was Clarksville or Oakland but they beat up on each other the night before in a double or triple OT game

Single A: Union City or Manassas...if they are in opposite brackets it'll be Manassas V. Union City in finals for sure!

Double A: Dyer Co....They beat one of the top Memphis teams in sub-state and not many teams from the East can compete with Memphis schools

Triple A: Ridgeway is the cream of the crop this year! I saw Maryville win the state finals last year and most AA schools around here could've beaten them. The best team I saw at state last year in AAA was Clarksville or Oakland but they beat up on each other the night before in a double or triple OT game

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Who did Maryville play last year? A Single A team.

AA will be more interesting than you think. CPA will give any AA Memphis team a run. As will Howard. AA is probably the most even playing field, if its even.

A should belong to UC. I haven't seen them play but all the folks that saw them play LA thought they were extremely good.

I will go with 34-0 Union City...But I'm biased.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will also, and I`m not biased. Every team left has good athletes, but that`s crazy to discard UC. Last year has nothing to do with anything. UC has consistantly beaten the very good Humboldt and Lake Co. teams this year plus the out of state tourneys already mentioned. Manasses has seen nothing like that or like UC.

Contrary to what TempleTrue says Union City is the favorite and we all hope them and Manassas draw eachother first round or second thats for sure. Cinderella is wearing blue and white slippers this year!!!

In AA there are alot of talented teams and i think LA, CPA or Dyer Co. will be the State Champion with one of the other two coming home with the silver.

In AAA you cannot discount Antioch. These guys are lights out and will be there along with Siegal in the finals.

I just now started hearing about how good Antioch. To tell you the truth I don't keep up with AAA ball all that much. I know Memphis Ridgeway has only lost 1 or 2 games all year with 1 of those losses being to Memphis Kirby and Ridgeway also demolished a VERY GOOD Craigmont team tonight. As for Siegel, I saw them play in a play-day at Liberty before the season. I know it was before the season, but I thought they relied too much on Tyler Cutter then. I know things may have changed now but that was just my observation then. I remember Siegel had a HUMONGISLY TALL kid but was very soft. If that kid knew how to use his strength, he'd definately get a full ride to some college

In Single A.....Are there two other teams there besides Union City and Manassas? lol......Union City wins state..

In AA.....If Bolivar and Dyer Co. are on different sides of the bracket they will play each other....

As usual ya'll from the West don't think anyone else can play basketball so every year we have to remind you by winning the gold. I will say that Union City is by far and away the favorite in Class A. As for who's second well who knows and it only takes one time to have a bad game and anything can happen.

In AA Dyer Co. is a very good team no doubt and i haven't seen Bolivar but they are always good. However CPA is also VERY good as is Livingston Aca. Was it two years ago that a 5-5 LA team won the state championship in 3A football? They will be a tough out and could wind up playing for the Gold ball it wouldn't surprise me one bit!

In AAA Antioch is still my pick to win it all.

In 37 games now, wouldn't you figure UC would have a bad game??? OF COURSE!!! A good team will find ways to win and Union City does EXACTLY that! I'm telling you man, I've watched alot of basketball this year including teams from Memphis and even Siegel in the Liberty play-day etc. and Union City IS the best TEAM I have seen this year! Their speed, athleticism, ability to shoot, and HEART is all there! It'll be Manassas or Union City winning the gold in Single A. The only hope for the other teams is that Union City and Manassas are put in the same bracket and whenever that game is will decide the state champion......I'm telling ya, Union City is VERY VERY GOOD! Don't be shocked when you see them, all the hype on here is legit!

West TN. has a right to be a little cocky especially in A cause they have won so much lately.

However west usually out athletes the east on the floor , but I think the East has at least one team maybe two that can run and jump withem this year. University High is full of athletes and good shooters though not very big they are very quick and have very springy legs, they put my boys from perrenial state contender Cosby out in the regionals and beat a very good Hampton team for the regional title and then took down another good team in Greenback to get to the boro.

Thats my pick from the east and I look for Manassas to be the surprise over UC from the west.

I think that the dark horses in this deal in single A are Eagleville and Moore County. Either one of them could pull an upset but Eagleville is probably better equipped to make a run at the title because they do have the size to contend with the west and their guards are all seniors who have experience on their side. The west teams have had a tendency to look really good all regular season but when they travel to the middle of the state seem to bow out unexpectedly.....good luck to everyone who made it and it should be an exciting tournament!