AAA State Tournament

UnivOfUntouchable

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said since I started High school that TSSAA is a bunch of meatheads. I just have to thank Ronnie Carter and the other gentlemen from Hermitage for proving me correct on this. How ridiculous!! I feel soryy for all of the AAA upper bracket teams.

Wonder why the Upper bracket can't play at Siegel and the lower at Oakland. I understand that parents want to see their kids play ball while hosting the tournament but it's really not fair for the others teams that have worked hard to get to State. Maybe Oakland could have the JV parents run the tournament and the varsity parents could watch the games at siegel. Only makes sense to me. Im sure the first team that loses to Oakland at their home field will really make a stink about this! I think it's just asking for trouble.

Personally, I think some are just worried that Oakland is a legit threat to win the state tournament. Homefield advantage is nice, and before u deem it unfair, Oakland has played at Siegel, Riverdale and other places around this area many times, so no matter where u put them, they are going to have more of a knowledge of the particulars of that certain field more so than not over all the competition. Quit the whining and lets play baseball. Nobody complained about this when the Spring Fling moved to the Boro, so dont start now when it's all of sudden convenient to your team's or personal argument.

People...settle down! The games are won by the players on the field. There are a couple of things to think about here. First of all, it takes more than a handful of JV parents to run the state tournament; and, this thing needs to be run well, from gate to concessions to facilities to preparing the field. The parents do not prepare the field for a game, and they're not prepared to run a concession stand that they've, to this point, just shown up to help sell drinks and food. Bottom line...all of the teams playing at Oakland desrve for things to be run well. So, to do that, it will take ALL of our boosters to do this (don't forget that thing takes place during working hours, so everyone's not going to be able to adjust their schedule to make up for varsity parents being out.)Second, it's not fair to make Oakland play at Siegel. They're our rivals, and it would be a "downer" to go to state and then have to play at a place that you associate with your rival...that's a bummer. Besides, you work hard and play hard to make it to state...why not play at the best high school facility in the state.It's unfortunate that a pre-tournament excuse of a team playing on its own field has surfaced on this board. Murfreesboro hosts Spring Fling, as it does the Blue Cross football playoffs. If a local team makes it, then good for them.

we'll see man. remember "pride goeth before the fall." oaklands hot. its going to be an interesting tournament no matter where its played. even if oakland plays at siegel, its 2 or 3 miles away and just as many oakland fans will be there. including the JV parents, who would much rather be supporting our varsity than working a concession stand for the other games. lets stop all our whining and play ball.

Playing at home is big in any sport....but it is what it is, so get over it. I believe Bartlett will still win the top bracket. This is a very experience team, they now how to win. So far they have been flying under the radar. They don't need to talk about their ability to play ball on this computer, everyone will see it on the Oakland's ball field Tuesday, so get your popcorn ready and lets play some baseball. GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

To say homefield isnt an advantage and to say it is unfair to send oakland to siegel are both ridiculous. its unfair to send them to siegel? don't you think every team there deserves to play at their home field. but to say that playign at home is not an advantage is crazy. there is no way to know the particulars of a field unless you play there everyday. two most important things to home field are hitters back drop and back ground for fielders. to say oakland players would still know how siegel is is to some extent accurate but it would not be to the extent it will be at oakland.

the tssaa needs to start seeding the tournament. no way the top bracket should be the way it is and the see the bottom has two teams with losses in the teens and another team with only 21 games. farragut will not face a strong challenge until the championship game.

Good luck to all. wish it was sstill in the city on the bluff (since my team has made it the three years it has been in the boro...)

Personally, I think some are just worried that Oakland is a legit threat to win the state tournament. Homefield advantage is nice, and before u deem it unfair, Oakland has played at Siegel, Riverdale and other places around this area many times, so no matter where u put them, they are going to have more of a knowledge of the particulars of that certain field more so than not over all the competition. Quit the whining and lets play baseball. Nobody bitched about this when the Spring Fling moved to the Boro, so dont start now when it's all of sudden convenient to your team's or personal argument.

What a joke! I really don't think Home field advantage will help em anyway.

People...settle down! The games are won by the players on the field. There are a couple of things to think about here. First of all, it takes more than a handful of JV parents to run the state tournament; and, this thing needs to be run well, from gate to concessions to facilities to preparing the field. The parents do not prepare the field for a game, and they're not prepared to run a concession stand that they've, to this point, just shown up to help sell drinks and food. Bottom line...all of the teams playing at Oakland desrve for things to be run well. So, to do that, it will take ALL of our boosters to do this (don't forget that thing takes place during working hours, so everyone's not going to be able to adjust their schedule to make up for varsity parents being out.)Second, it's not fair to make Oakland play at Siegel. They're our rivals, and it would be a "downer" to go to state and then have to play at a place that you associate with your rival...that's a bummer. Besides, you work hard and play hard to make it to state...why not play at the best high school facility in the state.It's unfortunate that a pre-tournament excuse of a team playing on its own field has surfaced on this board. Murfreesboro hosts Spring Fling, as it does the Blue Cross football playoffs. If a local team makes it, then good for them.

where to start ?....well when we made state and hosted the spring fling we got it done and if you ask anyone who has ever come to RIVERDALE i think you will hear nothing but compliments...the parents are not responsible for the feild to be prepared....it is not fair to send oakland to a rival school to play but it is fair for oppnonets who have worked hard all year also to make it to state has to play their games on their opponnets home feild?...that is fair?...i wonder if we had asked coach hawks to play the district championship at RIVERDALE if he would have switched for us???if the answer is NO then i think we can put this issue to rest...does it mean they will advance to the championship game no but it is an advantage