AAA State Tournament

UnivOfUntouchable

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright the final four are set... Farragut, Bartlett, Science Hill, and Ravenwood are all left. Does anyone think that Science Hill and Ravenwood can pull the upset and win twice or does the Farragut-Bartlett Championship game seem imminent?

Has Ramsey pitched yet for Farragut? I don't remember him pitching at all in region and he pitched 1 inning in the sub-state win. When was the last time he actually pitched a game, obviously other than the lat inning agaisnt Sullivan South?

You know what's really amazing is that in a state championship game that the Farragut staff would allow Pfeiffer to shoot down the Lincoln County hitters as he struck them out. He acted ridiculous in front of a lot of people who had never had the pleasure of watching Farragut play before. I am a baseball fan who had heard so many great things about the Farragut program that I wanted to come see them play. I had heard they were first class. Boy was I disappointed. Tons of talent, No discipline. I kept waiting for one of the Farragut coaches to do something about it. Nothing was ever said to the kid.

You know what's really amazing is that in a state championship game that the Farragut staff would allow Pfeiffer to shoot down the Lincoln County hitters as he struck them out. He acted ridiculous in front of a lot of people who had never had the pleasure of watching Farragut play before. I am a baseball fan who had heard so many great things about the Farragut program that I wanted to come see them play. I had heard they were first class. Boy was I disappointed. Tons of talent, No discipline. I kept waiting for one of the Farragut coaches to do something about it. Nothing was ever said to the kid.

Could you explain that a little more, what do you mean by shooting down? Farragut is one of the most diciplined teams in the state and I find it hard to believe that a freshmen pitcher would do something like that.

The advantage/home field theory didn't work out for Oakland since they lost both games to Science Hill.

I can tell you from first hand experience..........Farraguts coach pulled the Del Monico kid up in Memphis a few years ago when Houston was ripping him in the state tournament. When the coach pulled him, the kid turned and just walked to ss. The coach was trying to talk to him and he would not turn around. Personally, I would have put him on the bench immediately, but I just watch, not coach. It happened though

Mt. Juliet is a district foe of my alma mater Smyrna and Oakland is basically kryptonite to Smyrna (we lose to them everytime) so that's why. I think it's called rivalry.

And I didn't deduce that from one game I said MJ/Oakland didn't have the dominant pitching long before those games started. They don't. They both have like one really good pitcher like we did. That's really all you need to make State is one really good pitcher honestly...the way it's set up teams that don't have but one ace can make it because they can throw them in the Region Semis and Sectional Game on short rest. That's how we made it in 2007. But in fairness we had more than Sonny that year. We had Rhoad, who won our only State tourney win. And Egerton who saved that game.

And besides I've seen MJ firsthand. We nailed their ace Cothem for five runs in the first two innings of our first meeting; their bats saved them and that's the only reason they won is because they could mash. And if they run into a good pitcher they'll lose. That's what happened the next day when we threw Sonny.

So if Oakland doesnt have good pitching and just leans on 1 guy as you have stated, then how come they gave up only 7 runs in the 3 games they played? Barrett threw a great game tuesday night and we had a freshmen that gave us a good chance to win against Science Hill, SH just made one more play than Oakland did in both games. So maybe its more like bitterness instead or rivalry being that Oakland has more than 1 good starting pitcher and will continue to do so into next year.

Could you explain that a little more, what do you mean by shooting down? Farragut is one of the most diciplined teams in the state and I find it hard to believe that a freshmen pitcher would do something like that.

Dude don't even act like Pheiffer isn't cocky. The kid is a heck of a pitcher, but his head is way too big for a freshman. Look at senior pitchers who are really good on other teams, they don't do anything like what Pheiffer does. During the Bearden game, Pheiffer turned to the dugout and told them to "shhh" and then started clapping his glove at them. After the game, he says "hey bearden" and sticks up a "L" for a loss. The kid is a great pitcher, don't get me wrong, but if he keeps acting the way he does, he'll get put in his place one day.