Dobyns Bennett @ Oak Ridge

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE. RUN YOUR OFFENSE AND TRY TO SCORE EACH AND EVERY TIME YOU GET THE BALL.AFTER ALL , IS THAT NOT THE OBJECT OF THE GAME. WHO CARES WHAT THE SCORE ENDS UP AT. IF YOU CALL OFF THE DOGS YOU ARE JUST SETTING THE TONE FOR MISTAKES LATER ON WHEN IT COUNTS. WHEN COACHES COACH THEY TELL THE PLAYERS YOU CAN'T TAKE EVEN ONE PLAY OFF OR YOU MIGHT GET BURNED,SO WHY SHOULD THEY TAKE A PLAY OFF WITH A DIVE OR THAT STUDID QB KEEPER PLAY WE HAVE RAN THE LAST TWO WEEKS.TAKE THAT PLAY OUT OF THE PLAYBOOK,THE ONLY THING THAT WILL COME FROM THAT IS GETTING YOUR QB HURT. WE NEED TO KEEP SCORING, KEEP THE PLAYMAKERS ON HIGH.AFTER ALL , THESE GAME SITUATIONS ARE WHAT YOU NEED LATER IN THE PLAYOFFS. FROM WHAT I SAW LAST NIGHT,THIS OAK RIDGE TEAM HAS A LOT OF TALENT, BUT THEY DROPPED WAY TOO MANY PASSES. THEY WILL GET BETTER. AND I KNOW THEY WOULD NOT HAVE QUIT SCORING. COME ON COACHES, I HOPE YOU GUYS READ THESE POSTS, YOU OWE IT TO THESE PLAYERS TO HAVE A GREAT YEAR THIS YEAR. THIS IS THE MOST TALENT I'VE SEEN HERE IN A WHILE. I CAN HONESTLY SAY THIS TEAM IS VERY COMPARABLE TO THE SMYRNA TEAM FROM THE LAST TWO YEARS(BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPS) JEREMIAH BRYSON-SMYRNA(SENSABAUGH-DB)RODRIGUES WILKES-SMYRNA(ADAMS-DB)AND MANY OTHERS.WE HAVE THE TALENT,SO USE THEM. THE WAY WE END UP AGAIN WILL BE ON YOUR SHOULDERS.ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like GC was playing some kids that don't get much playing time in the second half to get them some experience. If so then the nay sayers will be happy he did come playoff time, because they WILL be needed if DB plans to go beyond the first round. Better to have them mess up now instead of playoff time because you lose then you go home and turn in your gear.

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE. RUN YOUR OFFENSE AND TRY TO SCORE EACH AND EVERY TIME YOU GET THE BALL.AFTER ALL , IS THAT NOT THE OBJECT OF THE GAME. WHO CARES WHAT THE SCORE ENDS UP AT. IF YOU CALL OFF THE DOGS YOU ARE JUST SETTING THE TONE FOR MISTAKES LATER ON WHEN IT COUNTS. ....

What you say, imo, is precisely correct. You give your starting and otherwise leading players all the time they need to play against good teams, learning what it takes and you play hard just like you would expect to in playoffs. No slacking. Every play intended to go into the end zone. After the starters have had all the experience they need, the rest of the team needs play time too if the score allows it.

Sounds like GC was playing some kids that don't get much playing time in the second half to get them some experience. If so then the nay sayers will be happy he did come playoff time, because they WILL be needed if DB plans to go beyond the first round. Better to have them mess up now instead of playoff time because you lose then you go home and turn in your gear.

They were messing up well before the GC put the kids in that don't play much. That is the problem. There was mental sloppiness going on - either caused by the kids slacking or by the coaches telling them to. Either way, the coaches need to change their thinking.

But then, this is only high school football. It doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things. I'm probably just expecting too much. But I am tired of people pointing out that DB hasn't won state since the grand TSSAA almighty, know best how to run football, dudes took over Tennessee HS football.

The players who drew the big holding penalty and the 2 personal foul penalties were all big name starters. They were not 2nd or 3rd stringers trying to get experience. 2 of the calls were good calls, the other one was questionable. There were also flags (2 really big ones) that should have been thrown against OR that were not. Bottom line is, there was sloppy play, coaching, and officiating in the 2nd half. Everyone needs to watch the film and fix the mistakes. On the other hand, Fleming, Templeton, and Mitcham seemed to have fixed their problem with the extra points that they were having last week. They did a much better job last night.

Hold on everybody,and for those that didn't go to the game,here it is. Watching Oak Ridge warm up was enough to say,my gosh O-mighty!! They were bigger in real life than you would believe.I was worried from the start,and if someone would say we would control the line,I would have bet the house against it. That one tackle {6-4 347} was a giant. I'll take a win and learn from it any day.

Our guys didn't slack on the passes,they were just monster recievers and made two or three plays.I'm telling you,games like this will get us ready for passing teams like the one that ended our season last year.We have a great team and can beat any team in the state,but anybody can beat you on a bad night.Let's let coach go to work and get ready for Jeff co.They have some big boys and a fullback that will smack you.Roll Tribe

DB fans don't worry about this, I like the way you taking this win with class. You see most of the OR fans on this thread/board don't give their coaches any kind of support so win or lose they're going to find something negative with the coaching staff at OR. But congrads on the victory..

OR will still make the PO's and probably be the team that make it to the state... Farragut will slip up by the end of the year so that'll leave the door open..

That was not the case until the very end. DB starters were in most the 2nd half. Again, it is a small quibble. The score doesn't show how bad we were beaten. We have a lot of work to do.

Turtle,

That race card crap is getting old. I guess you and Stanton measure success by making the playoffs. Heck, almost everybody makes the playoffs. That's not a measuring stick. You have to go about 5-5 to miss the playoffs. Oops, but you already know that because Stanton did that 2 years ago.

Ole Dad

DB fans don't worry about I like the way you taking this win with class. You see most of the OR fans on this thread don't give their coaches any kind of support so win or lose they're going to find something bad with the coaching staff at OR. But congrads on the victory..

OR will still make the PO's and probably be the team that make it to the state... Farragut will slip up by the end of the year so that'll leave the door open..

My first game this year. Crowd was off on both sides due to the rising gas prices, may make the new schedule lineups for next year a little more palatable at this rate. I took a lot of photos of both DB and Oak Ridge, including the OR Band. Missed seeing the DB band perform at halftime. IF you are interested in viewing the photos you can see them at:

photosbyjon

Oak Ridge now has to set it's sights on Heritage.