big 9 basketball

unc1

Very funny Volman. You could have at least asked about my health first. I've been up all night suffering from the belly-ache. All the crow I choked down last night didn't sit too well. To say they "played" the game is a bit of a stretch. 41-4 half-time and 61-12 final. Toppers could have won 100-0 had they chosen. I owe you. My quibble before was with your wording "compete with" instead of "beat". After watching the difference between the earlier game at Science Hill before Christmas and the one last night I would say "compete" is accurate in its description of the talent gap. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Ouch, I feared this though hence the 40 points I gave you. Didn't dream that wouldn't be enough! The Hill is loaded for the future. Amazing really. I saw Sevier and CH play last week and knew something was up with the CH team. They had beaten Sevier earlier in the season but last week Sevier blew them out. I know losing the big man was a problem, but there's something else not right with this team. I really would like to see what is the closest anyone has come to the Toppers this season. Anyone know?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone at Tn. Hi. tonight should be interesting. Both teams seem to be playing well right now. Boone will bring it with new confidence playing DB to the wire in OT and pounding South. Corey and Nick Jones should be a good game within the game. Make sure they are ready Cap. You guys are sitting pretty to be the Big 9 basketball story of the year.

Boone at Tn. Hi. tonight should be interesting. Both teams seem to be playing well right now. Boone will bring it with new confidence playing DB to the wire in OT and pounding South. Corey and Nick Jones should be a good game within the game. Make sure they are ready Cap. You guys are sitting pretty to be the Big 9 basketball story of the year.

Had DB brought the intensity to the Boone game like they brought to Volunteer and Crockett...Boone would have been blown out the gym. DB didn't bring any intensity at all. They are starting to play really well at the right time of the year. We will see what happens as the conference winds down. I think they have learned their lesson that they have to focus for 32 minutes no matter who they are playing. However, tonight tennessee high should be able to pull out with a win tonight. Corey is a great player as is Nick Jones, but Tennessee High has the better team. Like I said, Boone forced DB to overtime due to the fact that DB never brought the intensity nor did they act like they wanted to be there. It was a terrible sight to see but Science Hill and DB are the top 2 teams right now. DB already beat TN High by about 17 earlier in the year at DB.

Had DB brought the intensity to the Boone game like they brought to Volunteer and Crockett...Boone would have been blown out the gym. DB didn't bring any intensity at all. They are starting to play really well at the right time of the year. We will see what happens as the conference winds down. I think they have learned their lesson that they have to focus for 32 minutes no matter who they are playing. However, tonight tennessee high should be able to pull out with a win tonight. Corey is a great player as is Nick Jones, but Tennessee High has the better team. Like I said, Boone forced DB to overtime due to the fact that DB never brought the intensity nor did they act like they wanted to be there. It was a terrible sight to see but Science Hill and DB are the top 2 teams right now. DB already beat TN High by about 17 earlier in the year at DB.

I would not argue Toppers and Indians are the best two right now and DB may beat Tn. Hi by 20 or more the next time they play. Unfortunately, because they didn't bring the intensity [as you put it] against Central earlier , they have an extra loss. And if Tn. Hi can find a way to beat the Hill again, this time in Viking Hall, they will be Big 9 champions regardless of how good DB and Science Hill are.

Upset Revenged!

Sullivan Central - 49

Dobyns Bennett - 88

Final.

Barn Burner!

Daniel Boone - 55

Tennessee High - 56

Final.

Fight in Pioneer Country!

Volunteer - 12

David Crockett - 20

3:58 left in 2nd quarter.

It has been reported that a fight broke out between players on the floor, which expanded and led to a fight between fans, thus the game is running behind schedule.

Volunteer - 12

David Crockett - 20

It has been reported that a fight broke out between players on the floor, which expanded and led to a fight between fans, thus the game is running behind schedule.

Well them boys from Hauc.....kins County may not be very good at anything short of farming but they are an entertaining bunch for sure.

Upset Revenged!

Sullivan Central - 49

Dobyns Bennett - 88

Final.

Barn Burner!

Daniel Boone - 55

Tennessee High - 56

Final.

Volunteer - 12

David Crockett - 20

Will the 5 players from Volunteer who were ejected prior to the 2nd half with Crockett be eligible to play against South tomorrow night?

Will the 5 players from Volunteer who were ejected prior to the 2nd half with Crockett be eligible to play against South tomorrow night?

I would think not. By the way, you really stepped up your game tonight reporting various scores, having insider information, and posting to the board. It's like you knew I had to work tonight and picked up the slack. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would think not. By the way, you really stepped up your game tonight reporting various scores, having insider information, and posting to the board. It's like you knew I had to work tonight and picked up the slack. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Thanks. Maybe I did. See you at Sevier tomorrow?

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Man! Just checked out the rasslin' match at Crockett tonight on WJHL. Looked like the Foul-Cons won the game and the tough man competition. Coach W. sure puts some gritty teams on the floor! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

To clear things up, a fight did not break out amongst the parents. All but 6 players on Volunteer were threw out of the game while Crockett had 3 tossed. The issues started in the girls game. The game got out of control. The Crockett fans were upset due to the discrepancy in the foul column. Both team's fans were yelling at the refs. While I have found this to be the norm at a Crockett Big 9 game, it was up a couple of levels at this game. Once the boys game started things had seemed to calm down. In the 2nd, Volunteer had a double digit lead and Crockett had been called for 5 or 6 more fouls than Volunteer. People were upset. Fans were yelling from both sides. A fan from the Crockett side was tossed for the words he had for the refs. Shortly after Crockett's coach was upset because he felt that the game was not being called fairly. He got a technical. Right after that the fight happened. It was in front of the Volunteer bench, in the paint just under the foul line. Benches cleared, a few fans came out. Cops were out. It was madness. The refs were not sure who to toss. Two Crockett kids were tossed first. Then the Volunteer coach had his video camera taken from upstairs so they could take a look. I'm not sure if the refs looked at it, but after 5 minutes.....which felt like an eternity, all but 6 of the Volunteer kids were tossed and one more of the Crockett kids. The game continued with lots of intensity until halftime. The mood calmed down for the first minute or two of the second half........then fans from both teams began to yell at the refs again. Everyone cheered or yelling things at whatever a ref called. At one point a lady from one side jumped down a few rows and was yelling right in the refs face. The Volunteer coach received a technical in the second half after a stretch of aggressive play. The game finished with Volunteer winning the game.

I am in no position to judge anyone. I'm a sinner saved by grace. However, I am ashamed with what happened tonight. It's just a game. I am proud of the kids from both teams that finished out the game. They controlled there emotions and played a physical, aggressive second half. I can not believe the way us adults acted. Especially after the fight. It felt as if we celebrated what was happening. While Volunteer won on the scoreboard. We all lost tonight when it comes to being an example for the next generation.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Thanks. Maybe I did. See you at Sevier tomorrow?

Yes sir, I'll be there. Most likely for the early games only, am wanting to see what Science Hill has and another replay of the City Championship between Robinson and Sevier. Interesting fact for you, I attended Sevier in the 6th grade due to the Robinson renovation, but am an alum of Robinson, played basketball there (along with other sports), and have worked at both Robinson and Sevier since then. As you can see, my loyalty has been muddied. Either way, I win. I hate to see the winner gets to be eliminated by Science Hill. I was hoping to see one of the two advance to the sectional in Pigeon Forge.