Class 5A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-line: Tim Mcadoo should definitely be considered for Oakland. He anchored the Oakland d-line the same way Haynesworth anchors the Titans line.

I don't think Mcadoo anchors the D-Line according to the stats on MX preps. The other D tackle Barrett missed his first 4 games according to what I have seen in other posts on here during the season. If that is the case then Barrett has more total tackles and sacks than Mcadoo over the six games both of them played together. I do think both of them need to be considered. Here are the stats for each player over the last 6 games which are still very good for both players.

Barrett - 22 tckls 21 assists for 43 total tckls 2.5 sacks

Mcadoo - 22 tckls 13 assists for 35 total tckls 2 sacks

I don't think Mcadoo anchors the D-Line according to the stats on MX preps. The other D tackle Barrett missed his first 4 games according to what I have seen in other posts on here during the season. If that is the case then Barrett has more total tackles and sacks than Mcadoo over the six games both of them played together. I do think both of them need to be considered. Here are the stats for each player over the last 6 games which are still very good for both players.

Barrett - 22 tckls 21 assists for 43 total tckls 2.5 sacks

Mcadoo - 22 tckls 13 assists for 35 total tckls 2 sacks

Also take into consideration that teams are starting to gameplan around McAdoo as well. Both are very good, but Tim has been healthy all season, and is a major reason why Oakland is as good as they are on defense. Stats dont always tell the whole story

Also take into consideration that teams are starting to gameplan around McAdoo as well. Both are very good, but Tim has been healthy all season, and is a major reason why Oakland is as good as they are on defense. Stats dont always tell the whole story

I understand what you are saying and you are right about stats, but this is not the first year Barrett has put up good stats. He was named to the All Region team last year, named in the top 48 players in TN by Rivals and Scout.com this year and named as one of the top 10 players to watch this year in the region by the Murfreesboro Post. Maybe the coaches were trying to game plan around Barrett because they are the ones that selected him all region last year. McAdoo was the unknown factor for these coaches and now they are stuck between a rock and a hard place because they cant gameplan for them both it ends up being pick your poision. From the story I read on unauthorized website Barrett can move on to be 290lbs he said he was timed by coaches at WKU and Ole Miss at 5.0 on his 40 and 4.6 sec on his 5-10-5 short shuttle. That is why I think both should be considered for the award. I was at the game vs Blackman and Barrett was all over the place. I just don't see a big difference between him and McAdoo, but I sure am glade they are both Patriots.

Add another shot in here for Alex Ford from Franklin High School

He had 136 yards on 18 carries last week with 3 touchdowns and 4 receptions for 42 yards

He has also been moved to punt / kick off return back (since Eric Brown was lost to injury) so look for some big yards there. That was his 6th game with 100+ yards (3 over 150) and 7th game with 2 or more touchdowns. Not to mention that he splits time with two other running backs and he is a junior.

Brings his season to

146 rushes for 1150 yards (8 yard per rush average) and 18 touchdowns

23 receptions for 273 yards (12 yards per catch average) and 2 touchdowns

I understand what you are saying and you are right about stats, but this is not the first year Barrett has put up good stats. He was named to the All Region team last year, named in the top 48 players in TN by Rivals and Scout.com this year and named as one of the top 10 players to watch this year in the region by the Murfreesboro Post. Maybe the coaches were trying to game plan around Barrett because they are the ones that selected him all region last year. McAdoo was the unknown factor for these coaches and now they are stuck between a rock and a hard place because they cant gameplan for them both it ends up being pick your poision. From the story I read on unauthorized website Barrett can move on to be 290lbs he said he was timed by coaches at WKU and Ole Miss at 5.0 on his 40 and 4.6 sec on his 5-10-5 short shuttle. That is why I think both should be considered for the award. I was at the game vs Blackman and Barrett was all over the place. I just don't see a big difference between him and McAdoo, but I sure am glade they are both Patriots.

The difference is, IMO, McAdoo possesses a little bit more ability to make the big play, to shut down the inside run all by himself. Barrett is very solid and very consistent, but in McAdoo, I see the potential to be even better than what he currently is. Also, Barrett was injured for a big chunk of the year while Tim has been able to pretty much the whole season, so that is certainly going to hurt his chances. That and when Timmy hits you, everybody hears it /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

How bout Reese Browning from Farragut. Hes the best quarterback I ever seen throw a high school football. Hes the kinda guy like an NFL Franchise Quarterback....not saying he will be one but hes definetly of Peyton Manning/Brett Favre potential.

This might be the worst post I have seen this year. You have to be in Middle school to say something like this. Browning is too short and fat to even probably play college.

The difference is, IMO, McAdoo possesses a little bit more ability to make the big play, to shut down the inside run all by himself. Barrett is very solid and very consistent, but in McAdoo, I see the potential to be even better than what he currently is. Also, Barrett was injured for a big chunk of the year while Tim has been able to pretty much the whole season, so that is certainly going to hurt his chances. That and when Timmy hits you, everybody hears it /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />.[/reply]Barrett can shut down the run all by himself as well that is why our D line is so nasty. The line is getting the tackles that the backers normally get.