Mckenzie At Union City

Butchie

mrbigster, they ran into much improved BIG RED Defense.... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I believe it was a great game..They gave the score at 6-0 U.C...then 10-6 Rebels until late in the game..Then I believe the announcer said U.C. took the lead with about 5 minutes left..maybe 3..And I thought that Lake Co was going to Union City because Lake Co led Gleason most of the night..I believe Gleason led 6-0 and that was it..I thought Lake Co pretty well had the game in control but then Gleason scored on a reverse and then I thought we'd better not be worried about going to U.C. or McKenzie coming here because Gleason didn't quit and I thought Gleason was going to be playing..Gleason played hard tonight !

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you obviously haven't been playing UC's defense either... or their offense... or their special teams. Completely dominant in their last 5 games. Union City has been been running over, around, and through every single one of their last 5 oppenents... mostly over. Being in the weight room everyday after practice all year has really helped the Union City players continue to get stronger while other teams "throw it out" once the season starts... Union City has a heck of a lot more strength that McK and that is a direct result of staying in the weight room...

You talk about revenge a lot too... Union City feels that they didn't finish the job that they started in Week 4 and all of the players have to the website mckenzierebels.com website where the controversal issues are talked about in the meeting between the teams. UC feels disrespected and they should... especially after the rebel players DIDN'T EVEN SHAKE THEIR HANDS AFTER THE GAME!!!!!!!! I mean do you guys have some kind of unrealistic view about yourselves or what?! I don't know if u have realized it yet but u can be beat and u will be beat on friday by a bunch of upset off Tornados who feel like that they have to make another point on your fine lil' ball team....

Be lookin for man-child Ronnie Fair, lightning-quick fire plug Trey Maddox.....

Oh yeah, and Josh Nicks is gonna plow over your little redneck ######.... i honostly feel sorry for the rebel moms because of what we are gonna do to their precious baby boys

May the best man win.... but the best goes to Union City

Union City- 35

McKenzie- 14

What happened to the little redneck ### kicking.....and your on here sayin that we didn't shake yalls hands last time even when we did because we have respect for any team that beats us or loses to us. The issue is that it's sad when a grown man from union city tells a lil 12 year old to go stink his mom's ####.....now thats disrespectful and mainly just stupid......but anyways to the game. It was a good, hard fought game and especially congrats to the Tornadoes on their 2008 season.

I guess Wannb the same reason no body will Ky basketball tickets.

Butchie,

Thanks for letting me in the VIP tent for 5 minutes at the half. I still say I can put a face with a name. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Great game from both teams but one's fortunes had to end tonight. Why would anyone buy UT Vol tickets (or for that matter pick some up off the street for free) when the best football is played on Friday nights in West TN. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What happened to the little redneck ### kicking.....and your on here sayin that we didn't shake yalls hands last time even when we did because we have respect for any team that beats us or loses to us. The issue is that it's sad when a grown man from union city tells a lil 12 year old the go stink his mom's ####.....now thats disrespectful and mainly just stupid......but anyways to the game. It was a good, hard fought game and especially congrats to the Tornadoes on their 2008 season.

Well the actual story was that Comer didn't shake Bowling's hand after that first game....The story was that since Bowling has been in West Tennessee(Obion Central,Dyersburg,Union City)only twice has that happened...Once by Stallings,the Brighton coach,when Bowling was at OC and the McKenzie game..I didn't put too much stock in it because I just figured Comer was running around chasing the refs after that non-interference call at the end of the first game....Comer and Bowling have a had a pretty good working relationshp it would seem because Bowling's OC Rebels had McKenzie on their schedule twice and even played once in Huntingdon's Jamboree...Bowling is actually 1-3 with a jamboree win not included against Comer....

But the rest of your post I agree with...

What happened to the little redneck ### kicking.....and your on here sayin that we didn't shake yalls hands last time even when we did because we have respect for any team that beats us or loses to us. The issue is that it's sad when a grown man from union city tells a lil 12 year old the go stink his mom's ####.....now thats disrespectful and mainly just stupid......but anyways to the game. It was a good, hard fought game and especially congrats to the Tornadoes on their 2008 season.

i would just ignore this guy. he sounds like one of those people who always talk trash and cant back it up. he just needed to take a gander at the scoreboard LOL... that grown man you are talking about worked for the school as far as i know and i am disappointed that this happened, especially to a 12 year old! UC fans as a whole are very good sports, heck all of their fans and coaches wished us good luck as we left. i guess you are gonna have these kinds of people wherever you go.

On to the game, UC played one heck of a ballgame and should be proud of what they have accomplished this season. they have nothing to hang their heads for. yall had me biting my fingernails to the bone. now its on to round 3 Rebels!!!

I believe it was a great game..They gave the score at 6-0 U.C...then 10-6 Rebels until late in the game..Then I believe the announcer said U.C. took the lead with about 5 minutes left..maybe 3..And I thought that Lake Co was going to Union City because Lake Co led Gleason most of the night..I believe Gleason led 6-0 and that was it..I thought Lake Co pretty well had the game in control but then Gleason scored on a reverse and then I thought we'd better not be worried about going to U.C. or McKenzie coming here because Gleason didn't quit and I thought Gleason was going to be playing..Gleason played hard tonight !

McKenzie won the toss last night and deferred...UC took the opening kick-off and drove straight down the field like they have been doing the last few weeks....Missed the PAT and was up 6-0....McKenzie got the ball and fumbled...Union City recovered and had the ball on McKenzie's 38 yard line...Maybe the turning point of the game was that McKenzie held the Tornadoes without a first down on that series....McKenzie then was able to start gashing the UC line and getting big chunks of yardage with Johnson....McKenzie didn't pass too many times but they showed the possibilty of it...McKinney would line up in the shotgun and scramble around or run a draw and that would kind of keep UC's rush at bay...UC also lost contain on the ends a few times and allowed some yardage around the flanks...McKenzie actually missed a FG that would have brought them within 6-3 but their defense was holding Union City and then also,UC would fumble or run into each other in the backfield which would bog down drives...In UC's offense,timing is everything.....I had a bad feeling about this game as the game got closer because of the weather forecast....A wet field hampers the timing of the offense..The backs are slower to the ball and to the fakes...It just gets everything out of sync...Union City made some good adjustments at half because they were able to move the ball better starting in the third quarter....The second half was a field position game...I thought the last two scoring drives showed what these two teams are all about....Union City down since the second quarter and their season on the line puts together a solid drive and goes down the field and scores..Colton Speed breaks loose and goes on a 45 yard run....Then with McKenzie's season on the line the Rebels put together their own season saving series of plays...A lot of courage and heart shown on those two drives....

From what I have been reading and listening to, this will be the last time Union City & McKenzie could play each other in a playoff game but will play in the regular season.

Union City will stay Single A during the regular season and playoffs while McKenzie will be in the Single division in the regular season but move up to AA during the playoffs.

Then after the next 4 years, with the enrollment Union City has in the Middle School and to first grade , we will be back up to AA.

It was fun.

From what I have been reading and listening to, this will be the last time Union City & McKenzie could play each other in a playoff game but will play in the regular season.

Union City will stay Single A during the regular season and playoffs while McKenzie will be in the Single division in the regular season but move up to AA during the playoffs.

Then after the next 4 years, with the enrollment Union City has in the Middle School and to first grade , we will be back up to AA.

It was fun.

I hear there may be something in the works with Mayfield,Ky......The Cardinals are suppose to be loaded the next few years...

So....UC will have these teams on their schedule for sure next season....

Greenfield 1A

Halls 1A

Humboldt 2A

Lake County 1A

Peabody 2A

South Fulton 1A

That leaves 4 non-district games(I guess we are going back to calling them districts in football??)

I would like to see these teams as well...

Mayfield,Ky

McKenzie

Westview

Obion Central

That would be FOUR big gates....

I hear there may be something in the works with Mayfield,Ky......The Cardinals are suppose to be loaded the next few years...

So....UC will have these teams on their schedule for sure next season....

Greenfield 1A

Halls 1A

Humboldt 2A

Lake County 1A

Peabody 2A

South Fulton 1A

That leaves 4 non-district games(I guess we are going back to calling them districts in football??)

I would like to see these teams as well...

Mayfield,Ky

McKenzie

Westview

Obion Central

That would be FOUR big gates....

There is a possibility that Obion Central would not want to play us next year. If that happens or one of the four teams you just mentioned does not want to play us we need to get another shot at Milan. they will be hurting for non region opponents