Mckenzie At Union City

Butchie

The UC offense begins with Mr. Speed. Stop him and you stop UC. It will take a very disciplined D to stop the veer. Hit Speed every single play...make him pitch it, and hit him so hard that he regrets coming around your end. If you dont, then him and the rest of the UC crew will have a big night.

Saying all that...UC is on a roll and playing very good right now. I'll say that UC wins by 2 td's. Probably a 35 to 21 type of score.

That is a very original idea

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UC offense begins with Mr. Speed. Stop him and you stop UC. It will take a very disciplined D to stop the veer. Hit Speed every single play...make him pitch it, and hit him so hard that he regrets coming around your end. If you dont, then him and the rest of the UC crew will have a big night.

Saying all that...UC is on a roll and playing very good right now. I'll say that UC wins by 2 td's. Probably a 35 to 21 type of score.

I'm sure every coach that has played UC or will play them would be very interested in your secret plans you've just shown. NOONE has thought about stopping a running quarterback...good idea! But seriously, every week someone says "Just stop Speed"...but apparently you haven't seen UC lately. They have 3 other backs you have to worry about. I don't know names, but #28 is fast. He had a 95+ yard TD last week, an 80+ yarder called back last night, and a 60+ yarder last night. If you get him stopped, there's #11. Not as fast but is a hard runner with some crafty moves. I bet he has some major YAC (yards after contact). If you stop them both, #27 will just run ya over (ask the QB from Halls). One of the best plays I've seen in a while happened last night. Halls completed a pass, the receiver was in open field, a UC cornerback broke down, drilled him, the receiver fumbled, #27 picked it up and ran 30 or so yards (maybe more), Halls's QB tried to stop him short of the endzone but #27 lowered his shoulder and punished the QB for trying...Halls put in #33 at QB for the rest of the game. So ANYWAYS, you DO have to stop Speed, and #28, and #11, and #27...oh, and #26 is fun to watch run too.

UC runs it down McKenzie's throat and grabs a couple picks to put it away...

Kyle,

Speed is the key. He's the beginning. He makes all the other backs go. Everyone is concerned with stopping Speed, which opens it up for the other backs. But, still, you have to contain Speed, or else the whole veer O explodes on you. Correct?

Listen, I'm not saying that Speed is the only player yall have. Yall have a fine team, full of good ball players. But, Speed is the key to your offense. I really cant understand anyone saying anything any different.

Every football team wishes that they had a Speed on thier team.

Let me put it another way. Without Speed, do yall honestly think that yall would have the record yall have? That yall would have such hope for making it to the Boro?

Honestly, now.

I'm sure every coach that has played UC or will play them would be very interested in your secret plans you've just shown. NOONE has thought about stopping a running quarterback...good idea! But seriously, every week someone says "Just stop Speed"...but apparently you haven't seen UC lately. They have 3 other backs you have to worry about. I don't know names, but #28 is fast. He had a 95+ yard TD last week, an 80+ yarder called back last night, and a 60+ yarder last night. If you get him stopped, there's #11. Not as fast but is a hard runner with some crafty moves. I bet he has some major YAC (yards after contact). If you stop them both, #27 will just run ya over (ask the QB from Halls). One of the best plays I've seen in a while happened last night. Halls completed a pass, the receiver was in open field, a UC cornerback broke down, drilled him, the receiver fumbled, #27 picked it up and ran 30 or so yards (maybe more), Halls's QB tried to stop him short of the endzone but #27 lowered his shoulder and punished the QB for trying...Halls put in #33 at QB for the rest of the game. So ANYWAYS, you DO have to stop Speed, and #28, and #11, and #27...oh, and #26 is fun to watch run too.

UC runs it down McKenzie's throat and grabs a couple picks to put it away...

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.

Here I go, I know that I'm going to pi--off some folks in UC for saying what I'm about to say, but I can't read this crap all week. We all know that UC has not just 1 back, 2 backs, 3 backs, 4 backs.......whatever. Ya'll have an excellent ballteam and no-one from McKenzie has said otherwise. We aren't going to come up to UC and just give you the game because you've improved since the last game we played. We've also improved and our D is tough as I've seen in awhile. We will give you a game, one I hope you will remember. IMO, we did get screwed the last time we played and if you had any kind of football minds you'd say the same thing. I did hear it from some afterwards, but not many. Yes we did let the first half get away from us, but thats high school football. Things change and you learn from mistakes. We were hoping for the rematch and got it. So, we will show up next Friday and YOU will see a different McKezie team as well.

Kyle,

Speed is the key. He's the beginning. He makes all the other backs go. Everyone is concerned with stopping Speed, which opens it up for the other backs. But, still, you have to contain Speed, or else the whole veer O explodes on you. Correct?

Listen, I'm not saying that Speed is the only player yall have. Yall have a fine team, full of good ball players. But, Speed is the key to your offense. I really cant understand anyone saying anything any different.

Let me put it another way. Without Speed, do yall honestly think that yall would have the record yall have? That yall would have such hope for making it to the Boro?

Honestly, now.

I watched UC early in the year and saw last nights game. After the Westview game i thought that if Speed got hurt then it would be a tough road.

The first couple of games early on this year UC might not have won without Colton Speed. It seemed the offense was not clicking and he basically had to take the game into his own hands because he was that dominant of a runner on the field and he realized that no-one could stop him.

Now as of late and especially after watching last night, you could have had the second string qb in and it would have been the same team. The only thing that you would have missed would be his senior leadership. This is not a knock on him at all...just a true testament of how this offense as a whole has come together. There are some serious backs that can literally run over people and are fast as well.

The scary thing is this...if UC is on the ropes and Colton is on the field...then he CAN take over a game like he did at the beginning of the year.

Early on...he WAS the offense. Now he is more of a trump card.

Just my honest observation...

Kyle,

Honestly, now.

To answer this question, Maybe. Then there is next year. Everyone you see on the field with exceptions to #22 ( Spped ), #87 ( Easley ), Union City will have everyone coming back. #26, #27, #11, #28 plus Big Will Arnold #71 with a host of others. Everyone who now touches the ball this year will be back next year except speed. The we have #5 Cavanes and #12 Bowling there. I was told that if #5 had started the first game ( Reason of a Transfer ) then Speed would have been a back and not a Q B and #5 would be our Q B and he will be next year.

To answer your question, Yes , Spped does make the system work.

The main things is what if's everyone is trying to say. Union City is 10 - 1 and there were a lot of "What If's " this year and no one but Westview could do anything and even that game Union City should have won.

Here I go, I know that I'm going to pi--off some folks in UC for saying what I'm about to say, but I can't read this crap all week. We all know that UC has not just 1 back, 2 backs, 3 backs, 4 backs.......whatever. Ya'll have an excellent ballteam and no-one from McKenzie has said otherwise. We aren't going to come up to UC and just give you the game because you've improved since the last game we played. We've also improved and our D is tough as I've seen in awhile. We will give you a game, one I hope you will remember. IMO, we did get screwed the last time we played and if you had any kind of football minds you'd say the same thing. I did hear it from some afterwards, but not many. Yes we did let the first half get away from us, but thats high school football. Things change and you learn from mistakes. We were hoping for the rematch and got it. So, we will show up next Friday and YOU will see a different McKezie team as well.

Remember, the second half was HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL as well!!

I watched UC early in the year and saw last nights game. After the Westview game i thought that if Speed got hurt then it would be a tough road.

The first couple of games early on this year UC might not have won without Colton Speed. It seemed the offense was not clicking and he basically had to take the game into his own hands because he was that dominant of a runner on the field and he realized that no-one could stop him.

Now as of late and especially after watching last night, you could have had the second string qb in and it would have been the same team. The only thing that you would have missed would be his senior leadership. This is not a knock on him at all...just a true testament of how this offense as a whole has come together. There are some serious backs that can literally run over people and are fast as well.

The scary thing is this...if UC is on the ropes and Colton is on the field...then he CAN take over a game like he did at the beginning of the year.

Early on...he WAS the offense. Now he is more of a trump card.

Just my honest observation...

Good Observation!!.

The folks from Halls found out the HARD way last night.

I guess we ( Union City ) will just have to show McKenzie again this Friday that No, earlier in the season wasn't a fluke.