Mckenzie At Union City

Butchie

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well surprise,surprise..I'm picking Union City....Reading lincoln's post I can tell he has seen this offense before...He is right on target...If this veer/midline option offense is run right it's unstoppable....Let's not forget that Union City ran out to a 21-0 lead on the state runnerup in Week 4....On UC's first possession of the second half the Tornadoes were poised to take at 28-6 lead before Speed fumbled the ball in the open field going in for a sure score..Had UC scored then,I doubt McKenzie would have gotten as close as they did...McKenzie had some kids hurt in the game but if you remember Colton Speed was plagued with cramps from the second quarter on..He even was down at one point and looked to have injured a knee..As it turned out it was just cramps but he was rendered almost ineffective from there on because everytime he would push off either leg he would cramp up...UC will have to keep Bowden from getting to the flanks...He did hurt the Tornadoes doing that...It's a surprise really that nobody else tried that the rest of the season..McKenzie's offense was balanced in our first game..The Rebels were the only team to outgain the Tornadoes in total yardage all season....UC's rush defense is much,much better now and the pass rush is as well...In the last 6 games Union City has allowed a total of -13 yards rushing and has over 30 sacks...I saw where someone said McKenzie "beat themselves somewhat"....UC had a pass intercepted and fumbled the ball six times,losing three in their earlier game with the Rebels...That along with the six penalties could be conceived as "beating themselves" also....UC has cut down on the fumbles considerably in the last six or seven games....The penalties are still happening..I guess you can attribute those to agressive play but they still bog down drives....I said in my prediction of the Manassas/McKenzie to look for special teams to play a roll...You won't have to worry about the kicking game on either side in this game...Both Harris Laughrey and Peter Wilkes are very,very good kickers...UC's offense has turned into a four-headed monster since the first McKenzie game....Josh Nicks has been moved from a slot to the "S" back in the offense..He is very comfortable in that role...He can not only take the punishment that comes with playing that position but he also has the speed to break away once he gets into the open field..He was battling an ankle injury in the first game....Kendrick Price has stepped up bigtime the last three weeks...He had close to 180 yards rushing last week with a 96 yard TD run...He had a 95 yard TD run called back against Halls but came back later in the game with a 70 yard TD run...He was hampered with a shoulder injury in that game...Jacob Worley will hurt you with his bruising running style as well...Then you have Colton Speed who has mastered this offense with his legs and his reads...This UC offense made a little history last night...With their 55 points the team moved past the 1999 team in total points scored with 441...Only the state runner-up teams of 2000(615),1997(542),2005(501) and the state semi-final team of 1999(528) have more points....UC had one of their best defensive players out last night with a high ankle sprain(Rance Barnes)...He should be back next week and it was reported last night that Luke Sanderson,who has been out since the OC game,is getting betting better and will test out his injury in practice this week...

Should be a great night for football...Looking at the forecast it looks like it will be raining in the middle part of the week but clearing out Friday..The field should still be in good shape though....Looking for a big crowd and predicting a UC win....

Union City-35

McKenzie-21

I am speaking for only myself but I think most of the Union City posters and fans on here will say that you will NOT be playing the same Union city team you did several weeks ago and I know the same is true with your team.

We now have not one, not two, not three, not 4 but at least 5 guys in the backfield who you didn't see run the ball take controll of the game. Last night Bowling tried a few new plays and had Halls off their rocker so be ready.

Now, our Q B just runs the ball when he has everone off their feet. As for the passing game, yes, we have a few little deals we can do but as for defending the pass game, since playing you folks, we have played at least 3 teams who were to had passed on UNion City all night ending with Halls and just ask them what happened.

I will say this, in the first meeting this year it was a game of two halves, with McKenzie ending the game with a "L" but was playing good.

Union City on the other hand has really gotten much much better and will run the ball down your throat.

So bring on your best, we will have our and that is what it takes to move on.

Of the 11 games we have played this year, Lake Co. & McKenzie are the best two teams we faced including Westview and we should have beaten them but we didn't.

Our Special teams on kicking has really gotten better. Our kicker Wilks is kicking most balls into the endzone so that will take away some of your plays.

Anyway, I know you folks over in Rebel town what another shot at Union City and your dream has come true.

Just do me a favor, this time if you loose, show a little more class , including your coaches on taking the medicine a little better. That is all we heard for weeks is the McKenzie game and how you got cheated and so on.

Didn't yall loose as player lst night to a injury and the radio guys were saying a big negative going into the Union City game??

We have two guys out last night in street cloths and didn't even need them.

Well surprise,surprise..I'm picking Union City....Reading lincoln's post I can tell he has seen this offense before...He is right on target...If this veer/midline option offense is run right it's unstoppable....Let's not forget that Union City ran out to a 21-0 lead on the state runnerup in Week 4....On UC's first possession of the second half the Tornadoes were poised to take at 28-6 lead before Speed fumbled the ball in the open field going in for a sure score..Had UC scored then,I doubt McKenzie would have gotten as close as they did...McKenzie had some kids hurt in the game but if you remember Colton Speed was plagued with cramps from the second quarter on..He even was down at one point and looked to have injured a knee..As it turned out it was just cramps but he was rendered almost ineffective from there on because everytime he would push off either leg he would cramp up...UC will have to keep Bowden from getting to the flanks...He did hurt the Tornadoes doing that...It's a surprise really that nobody else tried that the rest of the season..McKenzie's offense was balanced in our first game..The Rebels were the only team to outgain the Tornadoes in total yardage all season....UC's rush defense is much,much better now and the pass rush is as well...In the last 6 games Union City has allowed a total of -13 yards rushing and has over 30 sacks...I saw where someone said McKenzie "beat themselves somewhat"....UC had a pass intercepted and fumbled the ball six times,losing three in their earlier game with the Rebels...That along with the six penalties could be conceived as "beating themselves" also....UC has cut down on the fumbles considerably in the last six or seven games....The penalties are still happening..I guess you can attribute those to agressive play but they still bog down drives....I said in my prediction of the Manassas/McKenzie to look for special teams to play a roll...You won't have to worry about the kicking game on either side in this game...Both Harris Laughrey and Peter Wilkes are very,very good kickers...UC's offense has turned into a four-headed monster since the first McKenzie game....Josh Nicks has been moved from a slot to the "S" back in the offense..He is very comfortable in that role...He can not only take the punishment that comes with playing that position but he also has the speed to break away once he gets into the open field..He was battling an ankle injury in the first game....Kendrick Price has stepped up bigtime the last three weeks...He had close to 180 yards rushing last week with a 96 yard TD run...He had a 95 yard TD run called back against Halls but came back later in the game with a 70 yard TD run...He was hampered with a shoulder injury in that game...Jacob Worley will hurt you with his bruising running style as well...Then you have Colton Speed who has mastered this offense with his legs and his reads...This UC offense made a little history last night...With their 55 points the team moved past the 1999 team in total points scored with 441...Only the state runner-up teams of 2000(615),1997(542),2005(501) and the state semi-final team of 1999(528) have more points....UC had one of their best defensive players out last night with a high ankle sprain(Rance Barnes)...He should be back next week and it was reported last night that Luke Sanderson,who has been out since the OC game,is getting betting better and will test out his injury in practice this week...

Should be a great night for football...Looking at the forecast it looks like it will be raining in the middle part of the week but clearing out Friday..The field should still be in good shape though....Looking for a big crowd and predicting a UC win....

Union City-35

McKenzie-21

P & G, I think along what you are saying here also. I know McKenzie has gotten a little better since our game but their fans and team doesn't realize what kind of a steam roller we have become.

First, you WILL NOT run the ball on Union City up the middle and very little on the outside. Second, let McKenzie go ahead and pass the ball and we will take that thing to the other end of the field.

You score seems to fit my prediction.

See you at the game

I must admit that I did not think this game would happen. I honestly thought region 8 was better. I'm glad region 7 swept them, but i would be a liar if i thought it would happen. I think U.C. is a little sour about people saying the officiating was horrible. They will be out to prove that they are the better team without the officials help. I think they will prove it. I say U.C. by 2 td's.

No We Didn't Lose Anyone. And I Think You Could Have Left The Class Statement Out Of Your Post. Even P&G Said The Officiating Was Horrible.

Yes, you did loose someone. I listened to the game final report on the internet and the radio guys were talking about someone walking very slow with aid and the trainers were with them. The radio guys did say"the only negetive seems to be the injury and possible loss of ?" and I heard the name but couldn't remember.

Just check with your team, you did have someone get hurt either toward the last of the first half of at the beginning of the second half.

And yes, the statements made after the game and posted on here with photos, that is what i'm talking about.

Just bring your "A" game butchie, the Rebels will need it and Union City a very off night to beat us.

Good Luck.

isn't this fun!!

One of those radio guys will tell you that yes we did have someone get banged up and it was Bowden. But nothing that will keep him from playing this week.

Yes, you did loose someone. I listened to the game final report on the internet and the radio guys were talking about someone walking very slow with aid and the trainers were with them. The radio guys did say"the only negetive seems to be the injury and possible loss of ?" and I heard the name but couldn't remember.

Just check with your team, you did have someone get hurt either toward the last of the first half of at the beginning of the second half.

And yes, the statements made after the game and posted on here with photos, that is what i'm talking about.

Just bring your "A" game butchie, the Rebels will need it and Union City a very off night to beat us.

Good Luck.

isn't this fun!!

Good Luck.

isn't this fun!!

WOWWWW you guy's are eat up with yourselve's huh very funny indeed /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well, I have not seen Mckenzie, but having seen UC twice, the last time last night when they completely took out Halls, UC is a much better team than they were when they played OC earlier in the year, (my only other time to see them play). The "D" was doing some serious hitting last night, and flew to the ball VERY well. This could be a good one, but I would say that when the smoke clears, UC will be getting ready for Round 3.

"FEAR THE VEER" /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

WOWWWW you guy's are eat up with yourselve's huh very funny indeed /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Pot....Meet Kettle.....

A Jo Byrns fan saying something about being eat up with it....Now..THAT is funny... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

logger you shouldn't be surprised..You went through the same thing in '05 during the week of the UC/JB game....

The UC offense begins with Mr. Speed. Stop him and you stop UC. It will take a very disciplined D to stop the veer. Hit Speed every single play...make him pitch it, and hit him so hard that he regrets coming around your end. If you dont, then him and the rest of the UC crew will have a big night.

Saying all that...UC is on a roll and playing very good right now. I'll say that UC wins by 2 td's. Probably a 35 to 21 type of score.