Maryville @ Rhea

BackValleyRally

Listening to Dewey Warren for football insight is like listening to a Frenchman give military advice.

That is the best one liner I have seen in a while! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just got back from Rhea County, I did not see any mythical birds with one sharp claw. And I was not too "stuck up" to talk to the Rhea County fans that decided to sit on the Maryville side. Defense played good. Offense put it on the ground too many times. Play of the game was Cody Harris' interception, just because it shifted the field position and killed a drive deep in MHS territory. The fumble recovery for a TD was big also.

Now we take on another team in Green in Greeneville.

Well, I didn't see the claw thank goodness.......

Thoughts of the game -

Rhea Co. had a really good defense. Their D-line penetrated the Rebel backfield all night and caused a lot of havoc for the Rebels.

As everyone who was there knows, the game turned on what looked to be a 4th down stop turning into a TD run. It seemed to me instead of diving on the ball the Rhea Co. players closest to it were trying to position themselves to scoop it and run with it and that was a bad move. Lucky break for Maryville too, but Rhea Co. should have had that football.

I think the fake punt is a perfect example of why Maryville has won so much - it was executed absolute perfection. Perfect timing, blocking, etc. Rhea Co. had no idea what hit them.

Maryville better find a cure for this case of fumbleitis they've seem to contracted. It's going to bite them sooner or later.

And finally....

I didn't see exactly what was the cause of it, but that was one of the nicest coach's tirades I've seen in a football game in a long, long time.

Well you can go to Sullivan South if you want but the game will be at Greeneville because they won in OT. Good luck REBELS!

Good job Maryville, Walt, walt ,walt , 1 and 10 on the 14 and we throw over the middle, the first play of the second half and we try some trick play ( at least have an ex-quarterback like Swafford or Stone) throw it. Then a fake punt, everyone in the stands was looking for it, but not our defense. Rhea County had a great year and had as good as ball players as Maryville. Should have stayed with the pass.

Well, I didn't see the claw thank goodness.......

Thoughts of the game -

Rhea Co. had a really good defense. Their D-line penetrated the Rebel backfield all night and caused a lot of havoc for the Rebels.

As everyone who was there knows, the game turned on what looked to be a 4th down stop turning into a TD run. It seemed to me instead of diving on the ball the Rhea Co. players closest to it were trying to position themselves to scoop it and run with it and that was a bad move. Lucky break for Maryville too, but Rhea Co. should have had that football.

I think the fake punt is a perfect example of why Maryville has won so much - it was executed absolute perfection. Perfect timing, blocking, etc. Rhea Co. had no idea what hit them.

Maryville better find a cure for this case of fumbleitis they've seem to contracted. It's going to bite them sooner or later.

And finally....

I didn't see exactly what was the cause of it, but that was one of the nicest coach's tirades I've seen in a football game in a long, long time.

Agree on the fumbleitis thing. Maryville took what Rhea gave them and made them pay. Those players needed to just fall on that fumble and things might have been closer. That's the thing about Maryville, make a mistake and you are cooked! Maryville's D was still laying the wood to some of Rhea's ball handlers, a good thing.

Never saw any claw, but di see the home stands start to empty with 3 min to go in the 3rd qtr.

good job reb's

Good game except the final score. The fourth down fumble was a killer. Couldnt tell exactly what happend all i know is a white shirt took off like a bat out of (well you know) when I thought we were going to pick up the ball and score after two great defensive plays. This Maryville didnt seem to have the talent as in the past few years but they just do what they do and they do it well. Fundamentals are outstanding and they are very disciplined. Even when things go bad they seem to be in the right place to limit their mistakes to a minimum. One point Iwould like to make at the coaching difference is how in the world does that fake punt work at that point. GQ had went for it on fouth down all game when he had six and seven yards to go closer to midfield and its fourth and two close to our 35 and he runs out the punt team and you really think hes going to kick it. Anyway a little vent. Congrats to the rebs and it was good to see the crowd. Im looking forward to see how you guys do next year moving up in class. My guess youll be fine.

Rhea Co...Congratulations on a good season. You were great hosts for tonight's game. Your stadium was very nice, plenty of seating, good announcer, would be nice if the temperature was a little warmer.

Your team played hard all night. Both teams showed great sportmanship. I was surpised by the actions of your coach....was that Hammontree that had the hissy fit? His emotions hurt the team. He called a timeout to basically fuss at the ref and proceded to do so until he costed his team 15 yds. He did not address the team at all during the time out. I could not see what he was upset over but I believe it was from the series before. I think he thought there was pass interference ... maybe so, I could not tell...but did he really think the hissy fit was going to benefit his team? Anyway, based on the behavior of the players and fans, I'm sure he was caught up in the moment and that was not normal. The RC team showed a lot of class tonight.

Maryville...Once again just kept making adjustments and getting stronger as the game went on. They should have doubled teamed Smith, 52 played a good game but could have used more help. Fumbles could have really hurt us tonight, we got some breaks, especially with booker. Harris had the play of the game. GQ was stellar as usual...great timing and play calling. Juhlin has a solid game...he spread the ball to all the receivers.

Looking forward to Greeneville! Go Rebels