franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

I don't understand how u can say Franklin with shut Oakland down?

I think th most important thing is to find a way to slow Oaklands BIG D line down.

I thought Oakland was gonna be in a close one this last friday but man I was wrong.

Oakland by 9

Brentwood has arguably the best defense in the state and its strength is the front 7. Franklin was able to beat them so i definitely dont think oaklands d line will overwhelm them

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood has arguably the best defense in the state and its strength is the front 7. Franklin was able to beat them so i definitely dont think oaklands d line will overwhelm them

Have you seen Oakland play? Big guys all across the D line that can move. McAdoo is definitely a D I prospect and he is just a Jr. Brentwood D the best in the state? If that were true why are they not in the final. Smyrna D pushed them to 4 OT in the regular season and lost by 7. And in the qtrs. were held to 3 pts. Oakland is good up front and LBsgood as any, the secondary is a little suspect> I don't even like Oakland but I'll admit their D is pretty dang good. They beat the Back to Back Defending State Champions TWICE

great for Smyrna being champs the past two years. That's just it tho. The past. Means nothing this year so Oakland beating them is just another two wins in this years season. And I agree brentwood had arguably one of the best defenses In the state and the Reason they are not still playing is because they ran I to Franklin. The past 14 weeks mean nothing come Saturday. Whoever comes out with a better game plan and executes it well will walk away champions of 5A.

Is Salty the guy thats at Siegel now, cause he is not much better than your guy. Best sound system anywhere is at Tullahoma, they have like 10 spkrs on top of the pressbox and everything is very clear. Watched the Smyrna Frosh whoop RHS in the Freshman Lions Bowl several weeks ago.

Salty WAS the announcer at Siegel.......then he retired last Dec. No clue who is doing it now.

I had thought the Riverdale guy retired last yr too.....rats.

Glad you took my advice and did the user name change. You have much more credibilty now. However, scares me that we have agreed on a few issues today. YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

great for Smyrna being champs the past two years. That's just it tho. The past. Means nothing this year so Oakland beating them is just another two wins in this years season. And I agree brentwood had arguably one of the best defenses In the state and the Reason they are not still playing is because they ran I to Franklin. The past 14 weeks mean nothing come Saturday. Whoever comes out with a better game plan and executes it well will walk away champions of 5A.

Since Brentwood was Franklin's loss during regular season.....lets me know how tough their D is. Crawford is one of the ABSOLUTE best DC's in the state and has proven it over and over. Bet he has shared some thoughts with the OHS coaches this week.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

King Z...where are you /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The Hand-Me-Down Secondary, Alternating D Ends, Tin Men with Heart Transplants, Spider, Hogan, Tiger, Coach A and Coach T want you to come out and play. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Go Rebels

Salty WAS the announcer at Siegel.......then he retired last Dec. No clue who is doing it now.

I had thought the Riverdale guy retired last yr too.....rats.

Glad you took my advice and did the user name change. You have much more credibilty now. However, scares me that we have agreed on a few issues today. YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Since Brentwood was Franklin's loss during regular season.....lets me know how tough their D is. Crawford is one of the ABSOLUTE best DC's in the state and has proven it over and over. Bet he has shared some thoughts with the OHS coaches this week.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Webb is just as good if not a better DC and if you knew anything about Franklins first game with them they were up at the end of the game and had a fumble a penalty that killed them in the end.

King Z...where are you /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The Hand-Me-Down Secondary, Alternating D Ends, Tin Men with Heart Transplants, Spider, Hogan, Tiger, Coach A and Coach T want you to come out and play. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Go Rebels

That's what I'm talking about Hogan!!! Bring the heat!!! Franklin is ready /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

All things are possible to Rebels who believe!!

Webb is just as good if not a better DC and if you knew anything about Franklins first game with them they were up at the end of the game and had a fumble a penalty that killed them in the end.

lol, Do you not realize that you just blasted the biggest supporter of Donnie Webb. It was more praise to Crawford than talking down anyone.

Crawford is a top notch DC. As for sharing info with Oakland... I would hope he would rather see the Gold Ball in region 6. I do know that he did help coach J and D Webb back in '04 when we went up against Riverdale, that helped a lot! lol

It's amazing that ohs is still being downplayed so much by franklin fans on here. i think some franklin fans really believe that the bhs-fhs game two weeks ago was the state championship game. i have watched region four teams all year and i am here to tell you franklin fans that the patriots are a championship caliber team with a knack for power football. you guys can say what you want, but oakland's offense is gonna test just how good that defense of yours is. i guarantee that no one you've played can match oakland's physicality. there's just something really demoralizing about having the ball crammed down your throat for 3, 4, 5 yards a pop, knowing you can't stop it. something inside you just gives in, and you concede victory to the better, more PHYSICAL team.

That's why I'm going with the pats. they've been the underdog all year, and time and time again they've proved doubters wrong.

OHS: 21

FHS: 7

strike up the band and go home.

Crawford is a top notch DC. As for sharing info with Oakland... I would hope he would rather see the Gold Ball in region 6. I do know that he did help coach J and D Webb back in '04 when we went up against Riverdale, that helped a lot! lol

Eh well I think at this point, blood is thicker than region comraderie, being that Crawford's Wife's daughter is married to none other than................ Thomas McDaniel