franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PA announcer at Brentwood High School wins the award for most obnixious! It made the win even sweeter....just to shut him up!

Wish TSSAA would set some guidelines for the PA announcers .... home field advantage from a PA announcer... get real!

Michigan's has some guidelines on the topic:

http://www.mhsaa.com/resources/paguide.pdf

That's classic. I think it was just the start of this season when 2P stated that he was glad SHS vs. OHS was at your place because of the announcer at SHS. I've never really thought about the PA guy winning any games, but I guess you needed more than just new uniforms to turn around THE PROGRAM! By the way we weren't that impressed by the Hotdogs. Lets just keep the Gold and Silver balls in Middle Tn no matter who wins them.

lol PA announcers and new uniforms dont win ballgames. Having a great group of kids along with a great coaching staff that works and executes well is what does. Why you guys even care is beyond me.........

The PA announcer at Brentwood High School wins the award for most obnixious! It made the win even sweeter....just to shut him up!

Wish TSSAA would set some guidelines for the PA announcers .... home field advantage from a PA announcer... get real!

Agree with this. Havent found a more obnoxious announcer in the state. Been that way since I was at Franklin.

lol PA announcers and new uniforms dont win ballgames. Having a great group of kids along with a great coaching staff that works and executes well is what does. Why you guys even care is beyond me.........

I for one don't know how anyone at ANY Rutherford County school can even hear the PA announcer. The county may have spent big bucks for the field but they went REAL cheap on ALL the PA systems! Not even any speakers on any of the visitors side.

The only thing I have constantly been able to hear at any Region 4 games is the castrated cat sounds at WC when they do anything positive. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As to the announcers themselves, you get exactly what you pay for! After all they are making such big bucks for the gig. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Worst one hands down was the guy that used to announce for Riverdale. Man oh man I hated hearing that guy. If we intercepted the ball or forced a fumble....he went into a trivia contest to keep from giving us any props.

I will be honest....I have not enjoyed our announcer at OHS this yr. I used to think he was terrific b/c he always announced all the tackles for the other teams and seemed as enthusiastic for both sides . I liked that a lot. I was able to keep up with tackles for the other teams through him and see who I liked for the opposition. I liked his 4th and all the way to Lascassas! hahahaha Now he sounds like he is trying to sound like a wannabe rap artist with all the slang. It is like he is trying to be as different as the red uniforms. But he sure beats the guy at Smyrna hands down in my book and when we were hung with SALTY!

I for one don't know how anyone at ANY Rutherford County school can even hear the PA announcer. The county may have spent big bucks for the field but they went REAL cheap on ALL the PA systems! Not even any speakers on any of the visitors side.

The only thing I have constantly been able to hear at any Region 4 games is the castrated cat sounds at WC when they do anything positive. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As to the announcers themselves, you get exactly what you pay for! After all they are making such big bucks for the gig. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Granted they don't get the big bucks, but a quality football team should be able to find a quality faculty member at the school or quality member of the community who would willingly agree to announce the games and be objective in giving credit to both teams like the QUALITY ANNOUNCER AT FRANKLIN HIGH SCHOOL! But then I guess FRANKLIN IS QUALITY ALL AROUND!!!

GO REBELS!

Worst one hands down was the guy that used to announce for Riverdale. Man oh man I hated hearing that guy. If we intercepted the ball or forced a fumble....he went into a trivia contest to keep from giving us any props.

I will be honest....I have not enjoyed our announcer at OHS this yr. I used to think he was terrific b/c he always announced all the tackles for the other teams and seemed as enthusiastic for both sides . I liked that a lot. I was able to keep up with tackles for the other teams through him and see who I liked for the opposition. I liked his 4th and all the way to Lascassas! hahahaha Now he sounds like he is trying to sound like a wannabe rap artist with all the slang. It is like he is trying to be as different as the red uniforms. But he sure beats the guy at Smyrna hands down in my book and when we were hung with SALTY!

what do you mean used to be at RIVERDALE? WE have had the same announcer for YEARS

I LOVE THE ANNOUNCER AT OAKLAND!!! I expect all announcers to be homers, and Roger does a great job.

The guy we had before was so bad that he would often mis-pronounce our own Head Coach's name. Marty Euverard would be called Marty Everard.

Having your own PA announcer rev up the crowd during moments of excitement is part of the home field advantage. The only rules should be:

1 No talking during the play.

2 No music or artificial noise during the play, (however, the band playing is fair game).

3 No questioning or criticism of the officials.

4 No criticism of the players or coaches of either team.

Between the whistles, cheer on the home team as much as you can!

I LOVE THE ANNOUNCER AT OAKLAND!!! I expect all announcers to be homers, and Roger does a great job.

The guy we had before was so bad that he would often mis-pronounce our own Head Coach's name. Marty Euverard would be called Marty Everard.

Having your own PA announcer rev up the crowd during moments of excitement is part of the home field advantage. The only rules should be:

1 No talking during the play.

2 No music or artificial noise during the play, (however, the band playing is fair game).

3 No questioning or criticism of the officials.

4 No criticism of the players or coaches of either team.

Between the whistles, cheer on the home team as much as you can!

I agree with those standards, but I also agree with 2P give all the kids names so we all know who were watching and all those moms and dads can swell with pride when their sons name is called out. It is the same guy at RHS, I think they just turned down some. I too hate the sick cat sound at WC. Rebels win in a close one, I think it comes down to a missed PAT or a field goal