franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

This game can be summed up in one word "physical" and everybody in the entire state knows it. Neither of these teams have traveled this far by flying over and around opponents while finessing the opposition to death. Franklin and Oakland are the last two standing because they "beat" the teams they played on Friday night. Everyone in the mid-state region knows that is how you win games, and White Station and Ootlewah (and their respective regions) have seen and witnessed that cold-hard-fact.

Toe-to-toe

Man-to-man

Round-for-round

Pound-for-pound

Punch-for-punch

That is what this games comes down to, there can be no argument surrounding that point.

I have floated across these boards all year long, I have seen my fair share of games. I have seen Franklin numerous times, and I have taken serious "interest" in their journey. I saw Oakland this past Friday night, and since then I have watched the Franklin-WhiteStation game. I have seen both team 8 days before they square-off.

Listen and listen well Rebel Nation! The two games that took place last week brought something to my attention, these games also reminded me of previous conversations. I have listened to the endless praise that Franklin supporters have poured out over their beloved Offensive line. That is all well and dandy, I encourage you all to continue to take pride and refuge behind your over-achieving and scrappy Offensive line. Because you have victimized the Defensive fronts of Hillsboro, Ravenwood, and Hendersonville, but at the end of the day have you really accomplished anything? Are any of those teams considered Defensive-Line super-powers? Brentwood's defense gave almighty Franklin a good amount of problems, but once again Brentwood's Defensive line is not over-loaded nor is it the heart of their stifling defense (Brentwood's linebacking corps is responsible for that). When I saw Franklin play White Station the other night I saw Franklin undergoing problems again, but this time for another reason. Brentwood intensified its attack on Franklin's offensive line through great discipline and scheme, as where White Station exploited Franklin through the use of overwhelming athleticism. White Station proved that you can overtly alter Franklin's high-powered offense with speed, quickness, and power in the trenches (much like Independence did last year by placing Pettigrew & Consiglio at Defensive Tackle). Rebel Nation...Oakland is your worst nightmare. #62 and #78 from Oakland will haunt Franklin all night when Saturday rolls around. Those two players will make sure Franklin will not be able to run the ball between the tackles, because there is no way the off-brand Offensive line Franklin bought at the goodwill store will be able to stop those two from storming the backfield. The only way Franklin could even hope to keep Oakland's Defense honest would be to execute the quick passing game (3-step drops, shotgun, flare passes, screens) but after the way the hallowed Franklin Offensive line allowed White Station's Defensive front to get in Nichols' face and cause pressure I am not so sure if that will even work. Not to mention the way Franklin's receivers(#8 and #5) have been dropping balls all over the place.

In Conclusion Franklin's Offensive line is an assembly of "Davids", who have not yet faced "Goliath". They have handled the bears and lions who have come against their flock of sheep, but they have not yet slain the Giant. Well boys and girls...Oakland is that "Giant"

GET YOUR STONES READY FRANKLIN!!!

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Z...where are you /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The Hand-Me-Down Secondary, Alternating D Ends, Tin Men with Heart Transplants, Spider, Hogan, Tiger, Coach A and Coach T want you to come out and play. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Go Rebels

Here I am...

I got another one to add to your nice little repertoire "Theoff-brand Offensive line Franklin bought at the goodwill store"

This game can be summed up in one word "physical" and everybody in the entire state knows it. Neither of these teams have traveled this far by flying over and around opponents while finessing the opposition to death. Franklin and Oakland are the last two standing because they "beat" the teams they played on Friday night. Everyone in the mid-state region knows that is how you win games, and White Station and Ootlewah (and their respective regions) have seen and witnessed that cold-hard-fact.

Toe-to-toe

Man-to-man

Round-for-round

Pound-for-pound

Punch-for-punch

That is what this games comes down to, there can be no argument surrounding that point.

I have floated across these boards all year long, I have seen my fair share of games. I have seen Franklin numerous times, and I have taken serious "interest" in their journey. I saw Oakland this past Friday night, and since then I have watched the Franklin-WhiteStation game. I have seen both team 8 days before they square-off.

Listen and listen well Rebel Nation! The two games that took place last week brought something to my attention, these games also reminded me of previous conversations. I have listened to the endless praise that Franklin supporters have poured out over their beloved Offensive line. That is all well and dandy, I encourage you all to continue to take pride and refuge behind your over-achieving and scrappy Offensive line. Because you have victimized the Defensive fronts of Hillsboro, Ravenwood, and Hendersonville, but at the end of the day have you really accomplished anything? Are any of those teams considered Defensive-Line super-powers? Brentwood's defense gave almighty Franklin a good amount of problems, but once again Brentwood's Defensive line is not over-loaded nor is it the heart of their stifling defense (Brentwood's linebacking corps is responsible for that). When I saw Franklin play White Station the other night I saw Franklin undergoing problems again, but this time for another reason. Brentwood intensified its attack on Franklin's offensive line through great discipline and scheme, as where White Station exploited Franklin through the use of overwhelming athleticism. White Station proved that you can overtly alter Franklin's high-powered offense with speed, quickness, and power in the trenches (much like Independence did last year by placing Pettigrew & Consiglio at Defensive Tackle). Rebel Nation...Oakland is your worst nightmare. #62 and #78 from Oakland will haunt Franklin all night when Saturday rolls around. Those two players will make sure Franklin will not be able to run the ball between the tackles, because there is no way the off-brand Offensive line Franklin bought at the goodwill store will be able to stop those two from storming the backfield. The only way Franklin could even hope to keep Oakland's Defense honest would be to execute the quick passing game (3-step drops, shotgun, flare passes, screens) but after the way the hallowed Franklin Offensive line allowed White Station's Defensive front to get in Nichols' face and cause pressure I am not so sure if that will even work. Not to mention the way Franklin's receivers(#8 and #5) have been dropping balls all over the place.

In Conclusion Franklin's Offensive line is an assembly of "Davids", who have not yet faced "Goliath". They have handled the bears and lions who have come against their flock of sheep, but they have not yet slain the Giant. Well boys and girls...Oakland is that "Giant"

long post

Toe-to-toe

Man-to-man

Round-for-round

Pound-for-pound

Punch-for-punch

King Z...you seemed to forget your Bible verses...David killed Goliath and the Rebel's Offensive Line led by Coach O(the Giant Killer) will perform just dandy.

Mr. Z you've been wrong all year long about the Rebels..You should try a new name /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Can't Pick A Winner Z

First off I do not think anyone from Williamson County shops at Goodwill. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

First off you're a dunce. There's a Goodwill less than a quarter mile from FHS.

And yes, I realize this comment was just your stumbling attempt at a joke by blindly branding everyone from Will Co as rich & elitist. If your Napoleon complex makes you feel better when you lose then so be it. Just try to make it funnier next time. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

King Z...you seemed to forget your Bible verses...David killed Goliath and the Rebel's Offensive Line led by Coach O(the Giant Killer) will perform just dandy.

Mr. Z you've been wrong all year long about the Rebels..You should try a new name /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Can't Pick A Winner Z

Or how about JesterZ615

Dear Oakland, I loved seeing your coach on Fox 17 news last night calling out the Franklin Rebel Football team. Franklin is a very powerful football team, with lots of finess. So you sit up there on your high and mighty horse, the Rebels are rolling into the Boro in our Mercedes on cruise control.

All things are possible to Rebels who believe!!

Or how about JesterZ615

Dear Oakland, I loved seeing your coach on Fox 17 news last night calling out the Franklin Rebel Football team. Franklin is a very powerful football team, with lots of finess. So you sit up there on your high and mighty horse, the Rebels are rolling into the Boro in our Mercedes on cruise control.

All things are possible to Rebels who believe!!

You bring the Mercedes, Oakland will be sure to bring the Monster Truck........