franklin vs oakland

ftballkicker

maybe that why Gentry didn't kick in the endzone. It was saving 10 yards.

no...we fielded the kicks at the 5 to 10 yard line. He had one kickoff go out of bounds around the 30, so we got that one at the 35 on the penalty. Point is...he was kicking fine, just not into the end zone. the out of bounds kick was aimed to be shallow and towards the sideline. It just went a bit too far to be caught in bounds.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Rebels team play the Spartans last night, and boy did they look tough. But also them Oakland boys shut out a dominant Ootelawh(SP) team. I do not know much about the Patriots but what I do know is that Franklin is playing very well. The defense of Franklin is playing spectacular which i believe is led by Jervis, Wilson, Howard, Gordon, Sellers, and Starnes. They have played a lot better than expected. I would like to know more about Oakland. I am not gong to pick a winner, because everyone know thats football is not played on paper.

That surprises me. Usually, not all the time, he puts em in the enndzone. Weather may have had something to do with of or maybe a scheme franklin was using. I'm not sure because I wasn't there. How was the punting last night? Gentry has been solid from what I have seen

QB has been puntin and doin just fine except for one that went to the 31

Is gametime still 7 cuz i know there are 3 or 4 other game that day??

Alright Oakland players reality check time. So far you have won one thing and that is Region. You have also won the 'Silver' ball if you do not concentrate this week.

I do not see that as your goal and know it isn't your Coaches goal. To be able to win the "GOLD" ball you must get even tougher and more together as a TEAM this week and focus on one thing. WINNING!

The team Franklin is bringing to Murfreesboro is NOT the same type of team they have brought before. They are tougher and more concentrated on winning also.

Ignore all the hype and predictions that will be on here this week as it contributes nothing as how well you play next Friday. You saw first hand how mistakes cost a good Owl team and how playing mistake free football got you here.

The future is yours and all you have to do is play to your capability and mistake free. Go by the trophy case this week and look at the Championship Balls in there already and decide which one you would rather put in there!

Bring the Gold Ball back to Murfreesboro!

This should be one of the better Championship games in recent years for the 5A title!

no...we fielded the kicks at the 5 to 10 yard line. He had one kickoff go out of bounds around the 30, so we got that one at the 35 on the penalty. Point is...he was kicking fine, just not into the end zone. the out of bounds kick was aimed to be shallow and towards the sideline. It just went a bit too far to be caught in bounds.

wow twice past the 20. ps: i don't know how his ankles are feeling. last year he was out for awhile because he injured his ankle and knee playing defencve line. He is able to play defence now.

That fan was from ravenwood. Be assured that after 4 years ago no franklin player or fan is going into this game cocky. A lot of respect for Oakland as we used to play and of course no one will forget good ole donny webb going up against his old team. Going to be a fun atmosphere Saturday night

Yes he was but Ravenwood fans know winners when they see them. Good luck Rebels!

This should be one of the better Championship games in recent years for the 5A title!

Agreed! Not sure it will be more closely contested than Brentwood-Riverdale or Ravenwood-Oak Ridge but this promises to be one of the best. One thing we know for sure, both Gold and Silver balls will reside in the two best regions in the state.

As it has been previously stated, the best football in 5a lies between these two regions. Hands down, year in and year out. This will be a close game unlike last years game between the undersized and underskilled Indy team that got demolished by Smyrna. I am predicting a very close game, with Franklin prevailing at the end in a nail biter, 24-21.

As it has been previously stated, the best football in 5a lies between these two regions. Hands down, year in and year out. This will be a close game unlike last years game between the undersized and underskilled Indy team that got demolished by Smyrna. I am predicting a very close game, with Franklin prevailing at the end in a nail biter, 24-21.

always get ur bash on INDY - gosh glad your second string QB son graduated this year .. love the Indy touchdown club members