Bolivar (26-3) vs. Livingston Acad. (32-2)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just messing around. This is going to be a good game and could go either way in my opinion.

Whew there for a min I thought I was in the twilight zone. Yes this should be a good game. It's rare that we can hang with teams on the talent level of Bolivar. We just don't have the athlete's that a team like Bolivar has every year. We haven't had a team this good in about 25 years. LA was beaten by Memphis East in the first round and they went on to win the title or maybe runner up I can't remember.

Whew there for a min I thought I was in the twilight zone. Yes this should be a good game. It's rare that we can hang with teams on the talent level of Bolivar. We just don't have the athlete's that a team like Bolivar has every year. We haven't had a team this good in about 25 years. LA was beaten by Memphis East in the first round and they went on to win the title or maybe runner up I can't remember.

Dang you are getting old! They beat us in round 2 and went on to win the title. If I am not mistaken,every time we have went to state we have been beaten by the eventual champion.

Guess I should try to get this other mess straightened out since I was the first dog to bark. Seriously he was trying to say that no team loses on purpose no matter what type game they are playing! And yes I know play days mean verrrrrrry little if any.

I'm pulling for my alma mater. Go Tigers!

Bolivar has always had very good basketball teams....even back when I was in high school and Bolivar was playing in AAA...back in late 70's and 1980(when I graduated). We had Jose Crisp and Elvis Mitchell and Ricky Griggs. This was a very good team that got beat in the substate by Memphis Carver and Bobby Westbrook in something like a triple OT game that ended on a last second shot by Westbrook from the deep, baseline corner as he was falling out of bounds!!!!! It was crazy. It was a great game.

Jose Crisp went on to play for TN State, I believe; or was it E. TN State? after playing JUCO ball. Elvis was recruited by Union U., but I dont think he played any college ball, which was a shame. The fella could shoot. It was almost an automatic goal everytime he shot the ball. And, if I remember right, Bobby Westbrook went on to play for Vandy.

Go Tigers!

Elvis Mitchell did go on to play at Union. He actually set several scoring records at Union. Bolivar has really turned out some serious hoops talent over the years.

BTW, since when did a play day scrimmage (especially one without key players, mind you) become a barometer for a team's success in M'boro?

I can't comment on the LA kids pride either...I AM JUST STAING HERE FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE THAT THE BOLIVAR KIDS HAVE AS MUCH PRIDE AS ANYBODY.....INCLUDING LA.....TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

BTW, here is your two post. Just remember people are not stupid. Any fair minded person can see what you were getting at.

Post #1

Ha! I believe these two met at a playday this pre-season, LA winning by about 20. You probaly don't remember that. Sure bet Bolivar boys remembers sweeeet cross-overs and smooth 3s raining down!!! LOL GO HOG-EYE!!!

Post #2

I agree playday is playday, but any baller with real pride will compete as hard in a backyard game as a state tourn. game. I assure you wildcats have PRIDE!!! GO HOG-EYE!!

That??™s exactly what I read yankees8589. However, I??™m going to take oldkodger at his word that it wasn??™t what he really meant. Also, I noticed in LA??™s schedule that they lost to Upperman the first time they played then turned around and beat them three consecutive times. And this was a regular season game, not a pre-season or playday game. If they can turn around and beat a team they lost to in the same year what makes anyone think Bolivar can??™t do the same?

This was a tough draw for both teams. I haven??™t seen LA play this year but from everything I've read about them I expect a tough, physical game from both teams. Good luck Tigers!

That??™s exactly what I read yankees8589. However, I??™m going to take oldkodger at his word that it wasn??™t what he really meant. Also, I noticed in LA??™s schedule that they lost to Upperman the first time they played then turned around and beat them three consecutive times. And this was a regular season game, not a pre-season or playday game. If they can turn around and beat a team they lost to in the same year what makes anyone think Bolivar can??™t do the same?

This was a tough draw for both teams. I haven??™t seen LA play this year but from everything I've read about them I expect a tough, physical game from both teams. Good luck Tigers!

Good grief anyone that would hang their hat on a play day outing is in the twilight zone. I would dare say that both teams are well prepaired and are not looking in the rearview mirror, this is not regular season, this is not playday, this is for all the marbles step up or step out. I am the same with Bolivar anthonyjh have not saw them play but I would say it will be a very intense game. Good luck and congratulations to both on an already great season.

GO HOG-EYE

LEAVE NO DOUBT