Ensworth vs. MBA

TrackRunner4291

wow. lets hope fletcher will be ok for the game.

just out of curiosity, do you guys think the players and or coaches read these threads?

The coaches might take a look at it. But I doubt the players care.

From what I have heard from college recruiters in this area, some of the players in this game the past 2 years would have had difficulty reading anything.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, sports fans, here's BigG's last-minute take on the Big Game:

Plussses for the Big Red:Big comeback against a tough and big Maplewood team last week; great motivation after losing last year's thriller; an extra game under thier belts; and home field advantage.

Plusses for the Tigers: A OT win against an even tougher and bigger Oakland team (which may very well go back-to-back in the Div. I-6A) that they held to 14 points; Orleans Darkwa; a defense that has yet to get its proper due; and Coach Whatshisname. :thumb:

If the EHS defense can settle down after what will undoubtedly be an emotional start by MBA, the Big Red won't score much for the rest of the game. Contrary to some of the posts this week, EHS's DBs will not be overmatched, and the MBA line will not wear down the Tiger's front seven.

So, the game should come down to whether MBA can stop the EHS running game. To have a chance, they have to limit EHS to less than 15 points.

If Ensworth had not played Oakland - and its absolutely gigantic (but at least they were fast!) front seven - I would give MBA a chance. However, after being tested in the first game and having two weeks to scheme for the Big Red, Coach Caudill will have the EHS O-line ready to play and, over time, they will wear down the MBA front.

From my easy chair:

EHS - 24

MBA - 10

Unless one of these teams has some substantial injuries down the line, and with all due respect to a very good BA team, the winner of tonight's game should be seeded to play MUS in the State Championship Game.

Here's to hoping that everyone plays tough and no one gets hurt.

Tough game for the Big Red. They seemed to be physically outmatched at most of the positions on the field.

William Tanner sure is a good athlete. Fitz Lassing looked good too.

Orleans looked great. Vandy is insane if they don't jump all over that kid.

EHS reminded me of an MBA team from 96 or 97. Big up front with big, strong backs. It's been a while, and I didn't have a great vantage point, but I think I saw some 44 TAG, 3, and 46 BOB Ice. I was also impressed by 55 for EHS. He was an athlete.

Hope Colbert is ok. I was told he had a broken 4th vertabrate.

Congrats to EHS.

EHS looked good, but the MBA defense was horrendous. Orleans averaged 3 yds/carry vs Oakland. He averaged more than 10 today.

Poor tackling. No one hitting anyone. Missed tackles in the middle and especially on the edge.

The poorest performance by an MBA defense that I have ever witnessed. Either they need a new scheme or they need a personnel shake up. (Probably both.)

Not going to get any easier. Independence barely lost to Brentwood High tonight.

By the way, MUS remains the team to beat. The beat South Panola (MS)--a perennial national power--21-19.

Ensworth has a very small bench. They will not be able to play every other week during the playoffs. I doubt that they will be a match for MUS. If Orleans goes down (as he did for part of the 1st half), they become an average team.

Well, that was certainly painful. This may be a less than sterling season on the Hill. They have a few good athletes, but they're defensive line has been awfully porous. It's hard to say much about the pass defense, because nobody's really needed to throw very much.

Ensworth certainly has a good team. Big defensive linemen, scary closing speed, and good instincts. That short bench may be an issue at some point. And whatever grudges Ricky may have against MBA, I really question the wisdom of leaving Darkwa in a game that's gotten so far out of hand, after he'd come off with a minor injury.

I hope Colbert's injury isn't as serious as it looked. It was an unfortunate result of a play where three players put in a very determined effort. Perfectly legal, perfectly clean, just a bad outcome.

I had a very nice time seeing RollRedRoll again, and had a fun conversation with his dad, who has 43 seasons of officiating under his belt.

EHS is just dang good. Bowers has exactly what he's wanted right now. Scary.

MBA needs a new defensive coordinator. To go from Coach E to what they have now is just embarrassing.

Some of the MBA defensive backs must not have taken Geometry. Angles....my goodness.

Forget football for a moment, I hope Colbert is okay...that was very scary.

The MUS vs Ensworth state championship game should be well worth the price of admission. Congrats to both schools.

It's been a while since I've posted on CoachT. Used to post under the name AintSkeerd59 but I guess after 3-4 years they cancelled my account. Anyway, I caught most of the game from my new perch in San Fran and wanted to chime in. First, I hope this turns into a great rivalry between the two schools. As a graduate of both Ensworth (before there was a HS) and MBA, I'd love to see this become one of the best match-ups each year. As for tonight, MBA was outplayed in pretty much every phase of the game. The Big Red D missed a lot of tackles, especially in the secondary. I too saw a lot of 44, 46, some outside zone runs. Coach Bowers has never run a complicated offense. His teams just execute it incredibly well (and he has the best O-line coach in the state). Congrats to the Tigers for a heck of a win. I'm sure MBA will rebound from this and keep getting better for the playoffs.

And by the way, whoever is responsible for having the MBA games broadcast online deserves a standing ovation. It always amazes me to hear who is listening in and where they are. Having been away from Nashville for over 5 years now, it's great to be able to connect with home like that.