Ensworth vs. MBA

TrackRunner4291

I think you'll also find that the whites are outnumbered in the show choir and the jazz band. I just can't figure out what your statement, or inquiry, has to do with anything. Thus, my reciprocal response is this: Why does MBA have 82 players and Ensworth only has 49 - yet they both play in the same class?

Probably because EHS is not an all boys school.

I have some qualms about the diverse hometowns of the EHS athletes. Knowing many of the EHS people, it seems like only the athletes come from all over to the school.

But a common complaint heard from MBA is that EHS operates like many colleges, and while this may sound harmless, we must bear in mind that neither EHS, nor MBA, nor any other school in the division or the country actually is a college. It seems, at the very least to MBA fans, that EHS has become a school centered around sports, fueled by rumors (I dont know if they're true) that one or more of the players lives with Bowers, one of them had to sit out last season because he couldnt read, and other University of Alabama-esque complaints. This goes along with some of the classes offered that actually count towards a student's cumulative GPA, such as Sign Language and Dancing for Athletes(yes it's an actual class). Such classes bring to memory several years ago when the Georgia basketball coach had a class for basketball players with tests that had questions such as: how many halves are in a basketball game, how many points are awarded for a three pointer, and how many players can be on the court for a team at one time. It seems to many that EHS is a high school treating their sports teams in a collegiate manner, and whether one believes it or not, such a program would not be acceptable at the high school level.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll also find that the whites are outnumbered in the show choir and the jazz band. I just can't figure out what your statement, or inquiry, has to do with anything. Thus, my reciprocal response is this: Why does MBA have 82 players and Ensworth only has 49 - yet they both play in the same class?

Probably because EHS is not an all boys school.

I have some qualms about the diverse hometowns of the EHS athletes. Knowing many of the EHS people, it seems like only the athletes come from all over to the school.

But a common complaint heard from MBA is that EHS operates like many colleges, and while this may sound harmless, we must bear in mind that neither EHS, nor MBA, nor any other school in the division or the country actually is a college. It seems, at the very least to MBA fans, that EHS has become a school centered around sports, fueled by rumors (I dont know if they're true) that one or more of the players lives with Bowers, one of them had to sit out last season because he couldnt read, and other University of Alabama-esque complaints. This goes along with some of the classes offered that actually count towards a student's cumulative GPA, such as Sign Language and Dancing for Athletes(yes it's an actual class). Such classes bring to memory several years ago when the Georgia basketball coach had a class for basketball players with tests that had questions such as: how many halves are in a basketball game, how many points are awarded for a three pointer, and how many players can be on the court for a team at one time. It seems to many that EHS is a high school treating their sports teams in a collegiate manner, and whether one believes it or not, such a program would not be acceptable at the high school level.

You reek of ignorance. I can name over 50 kids that drive 30+ minutes to school and don't play a single sport. And if they do, they aren't the ones getting playing time. And you are right, a player does live with Bowers, and a former player does as well. Their names are Richard and Andrew Bowers, and they are his sons. To think that Bowers houses all the recruits in his slave quarters on his plantation is laughable. As for the courses offered: Every school offers courses that interest a variety of people. Sign Language is a language. Do you find it crazy that MBA offers Spanish, Latin, etc.? And Dance for Athletes--Same idea. But NOOOO I am sure that MBA only offers AP Calculus BC and saves no room for enrichment classes. Actually they do. I checked their website. Would you put "Speech", or "Choir" or "Jazz Band" in the same category as "Dance for Athletes"? They are both arts, just different forms. If you think any of those are cupcake courses you are wrong. Dance for Athletes has written papers, tests on the history of dance, etc. It is a dance course, and the reason "athletes" is tagged on to the end is because it starts at a very novice level, assuming that the majority of athletes have not taken a dance class before. It is sad that you have to make posts like you did because you can't fathom that Ensworth is beating your team in nearly every sport. Grow up. Ensworth is a great school. MBA is a great school. Both have strengths, both have weaknesses. Figure that out, and open your mind a little.

You reek of ignorance. I can name over 50 kids that drive 30+ minutes to school and don't play a single sport. And if they do, they aren't the ones getting playing time. And you are right, a player does live with Bowers, and a former player does as well. Their names are Richard and Andrew Bowers, and they are his sons. To think that Bowers houses all the recruits in his slave quarters on his plantation is laughable. As for the courses offered: Every school offers courses that interest a variety of people. Sign Language is a language. Do you find it crazy that MBA offers Spanish, Latin, etc.? And Dance for Athletes--Same idea. But NOOOO I am sure that MBA only offers AP Calculus BC and saves no room for enrichment classes. Actually they do. I checked their website. Would you put "Speech", or "Choir" or "Jazz Band" in the same category as "Dance for Athletes"? They are both arts, just different forms. If you think any of those are cupcake courses you are wrong. Dance for Athletes has written papers, tests on the history of dance, etc. It is a dance course, and the reason "athletes" is tagged on to the end is because it starts at a very novice level, assuming that the majority of athletes have not taken a dance class before. It is sad that you have to make posts like you did because you can't fathom that Ensworth is beating your team in nearly every sport. Grow up. Ensworth is a great school. MBA is a great school. Both have strengths, both have weaknesses. Figure that out, and open your mind a little.

Several things:

1. a thirty minute drive does not mean a recruit

2. bringing up Bowers' kids is dodging the real question by simply putting out a smarta** answer

3. Why did you bring up slave quarters and plantation when I said there was a rumor about a 1 or more players living with him and nothing of race.

on a side note it is things like this that make me made; when someone says something perfectly innocent, and someone else twists it and turns it into racism (not to bring up an old subject but the alleged MBA chants at last years basketball game) I believe that when people let racism screen their view of everything, it is time for that someone to look themselves in the mirror.

4. MBA offers modern languages because a substantial number of people speak them, and can be incredibly useful later in life.

5. Yes, MBA does offer things like sppech, choir, and jazz band, but these things DO NOT count towards one's cumulative GPA.

6. It is sad that you have orange glasses on and cant see that I am merely presenting some of the arguments, and when you see something that you dont agree with, it seems that you feel personally attacked.

7. I have no horse in the race, so to assume that I said the things that I said because I "can't fathom that Ensworth is beating your team in nearly every(really??) sport" is laughable in its own right.

8. You don't know me, and you don't know my opinions, and apparently you can't read an entry that merely presents facts without seeing it as an attack on your school. Don't tell me to grow up when it appears someone is still learning to use the potty.

On a separate note, and I'm not saying that I disagree with you, but you mention that "Ensworth is a great school" and I was just wondering on what grounds are they a great school? They really haven't proven themselves consistantly strong due to their young age, and they have had two graduating classes, who won't have the chance to prove themselves for years. Sure, they have tons of money and a great campus, but I was just wondering how it has been able to prove itself a "great school" while it has yet to have any alumni graduate from college?

1. I didn't say recruit. You said "it seems like only the athletes come from all over." And i cleared up that it isn't just the athletes. Read a little closer.

2. Bringing up Bowers kids was most certainly a smart*** answer, but if you noticed, it implied that no football players (besides his own kids) live with him, thus clearing up that rumor.

3. That was more directed to the general public that believes half the football team was brought from Africa on the U.S.S. Ricky.

4. MBA offers Latin because a substantial number of people speak it? Where do you live?

5. FYI, colleges only calculate GPA based on the core classes. (History, English, Math, Science.) So EHS does not calculate Dance for Athletes into final GPA either. You don't know enough to speak on that matter, as with most of these.

6. Nothing about your post was factual. It was a repeat of rumors, whether they reflect your personal opinion or not. I don't wear orange or red glasses. I have ties with both schools, but I am sorry that you thought I was coming at you from an Ensworth perspective.

7. Good! I'm glad I could make you laugh!

8. Ahh, and you say I am the one feeling personally attacked. Seems like you wrote number 8 right as the tears streamed down your cheek.

And Ensworth is a great school. That is not arguable. It has gotten kids into great colleges. And yes, Ensworth has no college grads. But is that what makes a school great? Seeing how many become doctors, lawyers, etc.? No, its education at the high school level, and college prep. Seeing where kids go to college is enough proof, if you have a hard time believing that its a great school already.

I think its about time for you to go to bed. Sweet dreams, oldgoldandorange91... :hungry:

1. Thanks for clearing it up. Good thing you did that, now no one will ever mention it again.

2. Again, thanks for ending that rumor forever.

3. I can deal with that.

4. Whoops. You must have forgotten that over 60% of the English language is based on Latin. Do you speak English? Latin has also been established as an extremely beneficial course, especially in the field of vocabulary, for several hundred years.

5. So do you think that people just leave out the classes that they do well in when reporting their GPA in applications? You are right, however, I don't have the authority to speak definitively on this subject, do you?

6. Facts are relative. It is a fact that those rumors are out there.

7. Thanks, I enjoyed it.

8. That's probably because you did personally attack me. "It is sad that you have to make posts like you did because you can't fathom that Ensworth is beating your team in nearly every sport. Grow up." (Words can hurt you know). You seemed personally attacked when I didn't attack anything, but I felt attacked when I was-what's the word? Oh yeah- personally attacked.

You make some good points, though it may still be arguable. I do think, however, that the success of the school cannot be determined in such a short period of time. That was just an open question, and I don't necessarily disagree with you.

Witty spiteful comment.

hdcastle, your post clearly displays that you know very little about this game or these two teams. Not only did I laugh reading it, but I got a little angry as well. It was a direct shot at MBA, and it wasn't supported by anything valid. MBA wants this game. Ensworth wants this game. Anyone associated with these teams who doesn't want this game should be filling up gatorade bottles and filming practice.

1. I wouldn't post it if I didn't have any sources. That stuff did come out of an MBA player's mouth but I won't call him out.

2. Ok, I get it, I'm a "manager" with no football sense that has his own blog so I think I know about football but I don't. I write like I'm 6, I have no friends, I come over hear to show mye superoir edamacation, I only know about Ensworth and have no perception of reality. :hungry:

I'm interning at unapproved website and I have had one of my articles go national. I broadcast football, basketball, hockey and announce baseball. I have covered MBA, I have friends that go to MBA, I have 4 males in my family that went to MBA. I will be honest, I don't like MBA but I would never make something up and post it just to piss you guys off. I have talked to some MBA players, I have friends that play that have talked to BGA players. It might not be 100% true but that is defiantly the impression I got.

If you want to call me out on this kind of stuff please come and say it to my face in all seriousness, I can talk to you before a game.

Okay you all miss understood each other so lets get over it. Ensworth is a "great school" because 100% of their two graduating classes totaling about 170 have gone to around 50 different college, with about 25 of those colleges being in the top 50 in the nation. Also when you have college freshmen and sophmores coming back and saying Princeton, Northwestern, Duke, and UChicago are easy then you know it is a great school. This is the same for MBA and USN, they are also great schools.

BACK TO THE FOOTBALL GAME

For the people saying that Ensworth only ran 4 plays against MBA the first time might be correct because that is all it took. But this time MBA will be ready and Ensworth will have to use their vast play book to game plan differently. It is easy to just mix up the line stunts and through a motion or play action in to the same basic play. This will throw off the defense and allow Darkwa to have his way. He will just have to wait an extra second to get the ball.

"I have covered MBA, I have friends that go to MBA, I have 4 males in my family that went to MBA."

so basically you didnt get into mba and you went to ensworth instead. nice.

So basically you didn't have another comeback. Nice.

Too... Much... FAIL... in that statement.

JK, in all seriousness I just didn't like it, it wasn't for me.

Seriously, this thread needs to renamed Sh :hungry: t that no one cares about.