West vs Maryville

Rebelfan06

I just to take the opportunity to wish the rebels a victory on Friday against West. Hopefully all the kids are well and complete this game victorius and injury free.

Gentlemen: see how easy that was to wish good luck to another Blount County team without all the sniping, photos, name calling and other childish retorick we see on this post? I make no secret who I pull for; 1) Alcoa 2) Maryville 3) William Blount and 4) Heritage. This is not based on any stat; it is based solely on family, friends, relatives, players and coaches known to me personally.

Trying to challenge all of you to NOT attack each other's team of choice and to agree to disagree with class and style. Hopefully you won't see anything negative from me - if you do - please CALL ME OUT!

To coaches, players and family members that read these posts; IGNORE the negative and find the postives from the true Blount County football fans that support each and every one of you. Be the best you can be. Maryville 27 West 17

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 72...since you brought it up Alcoa did have 3 starting OOZ players on the defensive line with one being a South Doyle kid. On the offensive line your two best offensive lineman are OOZ players. One touted as the best in the state and the other, IMO, is a better blocker starting in the interior O-line. I watched him absolutely dominate everything Maryville through at him last Friday night. Your QB....didn't I see him at Heritage a year or two ago?....

Here is the OOZ players main contribution to the COA. Alcoa always has and always will have home grown athletes to fill the skill positions. In the last few years most have been home grown with a few exceptions. The biggest benefit to Alcoa is line quality and depth. Alcoa has almost always struggled putting together a strong and deep line, something very common with smaller schools. With the large influx of OOZ players they have successfully answered their line strength and depth voids.

Very well done Alcoa!! :bored:

What's even better is Alcoa has so many recruits now, they can send them off to other schools.

Heritage's starting QB was an Alcoa QB........

WB's starting and 2nd QB was an Alcoa QB's......

And where did Maryville's 2nd team

"red shirt" QB play....oh yea.........Heritage! :bored:

I love it when Alcoa's OOZ players beat Maryville's OOZ players! :bored:

Nice try BC but another fanning. That 2nd team QB lives in the city of Maryville and always has. The WB and Heritage QB's are county kids.....would that be correct?

Pretty weak try BC....actually very weak. Now run off and do some photoshopping. Certainly your strength....... :motorbike:

I do not understand why factual information seems to bother you so much. Does that burst your

"poor little bitty Alcoa" theory that you and your Alcoa brethren trot out so often? It's just a fact that regardless of Alcoa's enrollment numbers their ability to take players from anywhere for a minimal tuition creates a situation that nullifies the enrollment numbers. Even your head coach hilariously trots that myth out there every chance he gets. ...... :roflolk:

Maryville supporters understand that advantage. We once enjoyed the OOZ players, though not even close to the number that Alcoa has, and it is a big advantage. BTW......I didn't see anywhere that recruiting was mentioned......except from you.

It must be tough to take when you get beat by a team with kids from outside their zone.Maryville and Alcoa have been winning with this method for years, to hear both sides point fingers about how it is an unfair advantage is funny.

GOVMAN

I stand corrected! As usual, your research and "Gov knowledge" is flawless and most impressive! Never mess with the guy in the press box! I hope you know that I am just having some fun and trying to lighten some of these guys up! Good luck to the Govs this week!

Meanwhile back to the Maryville and West thread - Rebs-34 , Fake Rebs - 14.

Yea and it was that 40% of out of zone players that brought the heat last Friday night B) Anyway Maryville 28 West 14

Well 72...since you brought it up Alcoa did have 3 starting OOZ players on the defensive line with one being a South Doyle kid. On the offensive line your two best offensive lineman are OOZ players. One touted as the best in the state and the other, IMO, is a better blocker starting in the interior O-line. I watched him absolutely dominate everything Maryville through at him last Friday night. Your QB....didn't I see him at Heritage a year or two ago?....

Here is the OOZ players main contribution to the COA. Alcoa always has and always will have home grown athletes to fill the skill positions. In the last few years most have been home grown with a few exceptions. The biggest benefit to Alcoa is line quality and depth. Alcoa has almost always struggled putting together a strong and deep line, something very common with smaller schools. With the large influx of OOZ players they have successfully answered their line strength and depth voids.

Very well done Alcoa!! B)

MLREb,

To be truthful, I'm a little concerned about all these "ooz" players you are talking about at Alcoa. If they have some type of infection or something--especially with all the sickness going around--they could infect other teams they play. I know a couple of years ago, WB had some wrestlers that had some sores on their arms that were "oozing" and they actually postponed a match because of it.

I believe any player with any "ooz" issues should be taken out of the game immediately and disinfected and wrapped real good with pre-wrap and tape before reentering the contest.

Of course, we at WB wouldn't have to worry about the "oozing" affecting us because we won't play Alcoa. I just wanted to go ahead and say that so Vol5 or BC or AHS10 wouldn't feel it necessary to do so! :D

Thanks Govman for your analysis, so that's about 23%. I never said that Alcoa did not have out of zone (ooz) players I just disagreed with MLREB's calculations. I agree with your statement and assessment of the [important] contributions of the ooz players on this years team. The lack of depth and (line)strength has been a thorn in Alcoa's program for years, but it takes time to build a program. I was born and raised in that infamous community that has been feeding talent into Alcoa and I know that you don't win championships on talent alone. I also appreciate the discipline that this coaching staff has brought to the program and I should know about lack of discipline since I was such a head case when I played for the Tornadoes...ooz lol that's funny B) hey this is a West vs. Maryville board so I will respect it MHS-28 WHS-14

After catching bits and pieces of Catholic/Farragut last night I think by the time Maryville gets to them on the schedule the Rebels will definitely be able to take them. I also think any of the three could beat South Carolina or NC State.

I'm standing by my prediction of an ugly 14-17 point win by the Maryville Rebels tonight.

Question - when was Maryville's last home loss? Was it Mo-West in 2001 or one of the games in 2000?

Hey guys I have been guilty about talking about everything but the West at MHS game. I think the M. Rebels stand a good chance of getting on track after a tough series of practices this week. MHS has not been that embarrassed in many years. The rebels simply did not play very well. Taking nothing away from Alcoa, they were the better team that night.

Moving forward Cath and Farragut are going to be tough nuts to crack for the MHS Rebels. I listened to the game some last night and thought both of them have several quality players on the O side of the ball. Maryville should score some points on West but I am sure West will also score on Maryville, unless some adjustments were made. Maryville’s two seniors in back field need to step up and play better and lead. QB Julian should have learned by now he don’t have 4-5 seconds to throw the ball and RB Jones needs get his foot in the O lines bottom and encourage them to fire off the ball better. The defensive group needs to find seven guys who can play the positions. Can’t ever remember any team getting around the corners vs. the kids who have played the DE position for the Rebels the past 12 years.

West should be 2-0 but did not get credit for the S South game because of that unfortunate collapse of a player. I'm not saying West had the game won, but I think they were ahead when the game was called. They also have nearly two games of experience this season and that is also an advantage over Maryville. . Still I think MHS gets going this week. See you at the game.

Hey guys I have been guilty about talking about everything but the West at MHS game. I think the M. Rebels stand a good chance of getting on track after a tough series of practices this week. MHS has not been that embarrassed in many years. The rebels simply did not play very well. Taking nothing away from Alcoa, they were the better team that night.

Moving forward Cath and Farragut are going to be tough nuts to crack for the MHS Rebels. I listened to the game some last night and thought both of them have several quality players on the O side of the ball. Maryville should score some points on West but I am sure West will also score on Maryville, unless some adjustments were made. Maryville’s two seniors in back field need to step up and play better and lead. QB Julian should have learned by now he don’t have 4-5 seconds to throw the ball and RB Jones needs get his foot in the O lines bottom and encourage them to fire off the ball better. The defensive group needs to find seven guys who can play the positions. Can’t ever remember any team getting around the corners vs. the kids who have played the DE position for the Rebels the past 12 years.

West should be 2-0 but did not get credit for the S South game because of that unfortunate collapse of a player. I'm not saying West had the game won, but I think they were ahead when the game was called. They also have nearly two games of experience this season and that is also an advantage over Maryville. . Still I think MHS gets going this week. See you at the game.

I know it doesn't really matter but the score was Sullivan South - 21, Knox West - 0 when the game was called. So did they rule the game a tie or what exactly because I never did hear the final decision.

well rebelyell they caled the game and wiped it from the schedule....the score, the stats, and the outcome all washed away. And i agree more is being said as to maryville/alcoa then west/maryville. but didnt the alcoa rb score like 5 or 6 touchdowns on maryville last week? and what is west's strength? (hint it rhymes with coming sacks....) west's strength is their o-line and their running game ( freeman 250+ yards last week) dont look for west to roll over for the rebels of maryville.

west rebels 21

maryville rebels 20

FBE, South was ahead 21-0 when that game was suspended.

GOVMAN

I stand corrected! As usual, your research and "Gov knowledge" is flawless and most impressive! Never mess with the guy in the press box! I hope you know that I am just having some fun and trying to lighten some of these guys up! Good luck to the Govs this week!

Meanwhile back to the Maryville and West thread - Rebs-34 , Fake Rebs - 14.

Scots50,

You WERE CORRECT that we have not given Maryville very many competitive games in the past. I've just been a little overly sensitive about the fact that it seems since our "forgettable season" last year, that suddenly us and Heritage are one in the same. Don't believe that is what you were insinuating ... but our program has been substantially better than Heritage in the past decade. I'm hoping that both us and the Mountaineers can experience some success this season. I'm excited for Heritage and I hear incredible stuff about the character of their new head coach.