Huntingdon @ Union City

GoldStandard

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These type games always comes down to the final 4th quarter. Union City doesn't have 70 players...maybe 40.

You only play 11 guys on the field at one time...that rule since the day of time.

Conditioning, now one will out conditon Union City....we have played to date counting our 3 hour scrimages....5 games. All which we have played decent in.

I will say this til games time, if it comes down to special teams, Union City may have that upper hand.

The passing game is in suspect. We can throw but can we defend. No matter what, games like these are what the kids practice for all summer long. May the better team win.

Yeah there are only 11 playing at one time but when your playing against a different group everytime possession changes your at a disadvantage. This is not a game that decent conditioning is going to work if UC is trying to have guys go both ways.

I will give UC a definate advantage in special teams, and it is a huge advantage.

As fas as the passing game goes, you better hope to see Huntingdon's passing game Friday night. If not, the running game is not being slowed down.

UC is very capable of winning this ball game if Huntingdon gets careless with the ball as we have done on occassion. However, without any turnovers I see this a 2+ td victory for Huntingdon.

These type games always comes down to the final 4th quarter. Union City doesn't have 70 players...maybe 40.

You only play 11 guys on the field at one time...that rule since the day of time.

Conditioning, now one will out conditon Union City....we have played to date counting our 3 hour scrimages....5 games. All which we have played decent in.

I will say this til games time, if it comes down to special teams, Union City may have that upper hand.

The passing game is in suspect. We can throw but can we defend. No matter what, games like these are what the kids practice for all summer long. May the better team win.

Yeah there are only 11 playing at one time but when your playing against a different group everytime possession changes your at a disadvantage. This is not a game that decent conditioning is going to work if UC is trying to have guys go both ways.

I will give UC a definate advantage in special teams, and it is a huge advantage.

As fas as the passing game goes, you better hope to see Huntingdon's passing game Friday night. If not, the running game is not being slowed down.

UC is very capable of winning this ball game if Huntingdon gets careless with the ball as we have done on occassion. However, without any turnovers I see this a 2+ td victory for Huntingdon.

I'm just glad to see the rivalry having another chapter being written. And it's getting a bit annoying having to read posts about West TN not having any good teams. I hope the team that wins this game goes on to win state, I think they both have the ability.

With this new classification is there a way that two teams from the same division of TN can play for the title?

Take this for what it's worth.....

UC fans know the schedule that Huntingdon has played....There is massive respect for the Huntingdon program from the Tornado side.....

Having said that, UC doesn't have to be better than Milan or Westview....You don't win football games by comparing opponents' schedules....Everyone knows you win them on the field....UC will have a hard time containing the Mustang ground game....I worry more about those 95 yard passes, like Huntingdon sprung on Westview....The Ponies are going to have a difficult time stopping UC's offense....It will probably be the only time they see the mid-line veer/ option game...It's hard to prepare for....If our QB makes the right reads and our line blocks then the Tornadoes are going to chew up alot of clock, keeping the ball out of Huntingdon's running back's hands....Line play and defense wins a bunch of games....If both teams play well in those areas then you have to look at turnovers and special teams...So far, Union City has done very well in the special teams department....We haven't missed an extra point and hit a pretty long FG (41 yds) plus our kicker can boot the ball in the end zone which stops any returns...If those are equal, then you look at homefield....

Huntingdon is the favorite in this game in my opinion but I believe it will come down to special teams...I'll stay with my 27-24 pick...Union City

ohhhh man... uc and h-town goin at it again... just like the old days...

#2 and #3 knockin heads... should be the premiere game in all of TN IMO...

lets see...

i have seen film on Huntington and yes... they are good... VERY good... especially #23 (Holder)

but from what i have seen SO FAR is that he is basically Huntington's offense... kinda of like what UC had last year with Colton Speed...

yes h-town has some good athletes... So does UC... you stang fans talk about having 70+ players and about having all this depth...

well with the film that i have seen only about 13-14 different kids play on each side of the ball... which, if my calculations are correct, that only gives you about two or three subs on each side of the ball...

H-towns d-line is big and strong, but not very quick off the ball, only on certain plays do they have good penetration... the linebackers start low but when the ball is snapped they stand straight up (UC slots gonna have a hay-day :flower: )

Huntington's offense can be stopped if you can keep the gaurd and tackles from pulling all night... AND if UC can stop Holder from getting north and south... take away the cut-backs and running lanes and make him run sideline to sideline and hit him in his knees and shins and thighs every single play and this kid will not be as effective as he has been... you gotta give it to Union City... They have probably the best defensive coordinator in high shcool football in the state of TN and HE WILL figure out a way to stop this high octane offense...

UC fans and players have respect for h-town dont get me wrong... but in the end i see UC pulling out of this one in the minute of the game

should be a slobber-knocker :thumb:

UC- 27

Hunt- 21

good luck to both teams but most of all GO UC!!!!!!!!

ohhhh man... uc and h-town goin at it again... just like the old days...

#2 and #3 knockin heads... should be the premiere game in all of TN IMO...

lets see...

i have seen film on Huntington and yes... they are good... VERY good... especially #23 (Holder)

but from what i have seen SO FAR is that he is basically Huntington's offense... kinda of like what UC had last year with Colton Speed...

yes h-town has some good athletes... So does UC... you stang fans talk about having 70+ players and about having all this depth...

well with the film that i have seen only about 13-14 different kids play on each side of the ball... which, if my calculations are correct, that only gives you about two or three subs on each side of the ball...

H-towns d-line is big and strong, but not very quick off the ball, only on certain plays do they have good penetration... the linebackers start low but when the ball is snapped they stand straight up (UC slots gonna have a hay-day :flower: )

Huntington's offense can be stopped if you can keep the gaurd and tackles from pulling all night... AND if UC can stop Holder from getting north and south... take away the cut-backs and running lanes and make him run sideline to sideline and hit him in his knees and shins and thighs every single play and this kid will not be as effective as he has been... you gotta give it to Union City... They have probably the best defensive coordinator in high shcool football in the state of TN and HE WILL figure out a way to stop this high octane offense...

UC fans and players have respect for h-town dont get me wrong... but in the end i see UC pulling out of this one in the minute of the game

should be a slobber-knocker :shock:

UC- 27

Hunt- 21

good luck to both teams but most of all GO UC!!!!!!!!

Well, don't get me wrong, but you aren't playing Trenton or Trigg Co. this friday. The instensity level is fixing to go way up and I promise it will be for 4 quarters. :thumb:

One of these teams will probably be in Cookville for the state title..This game will tell us a little about each team but definitely doesn't rule out the loser later on down the road in the playoffs..This should be a great game with a great crowd..probably going to draw fans from neighboring schools looking for the best game..Lake Co has an open date so I plan on being there for sure.I would be pretty sure the Lake co coaches and several of the football players be there as well to scout both teams.Will have to play Union City and maybe a chance of playing Huntingdon if Lake Co were to make the playoffs.Good luck to both teams.I believe Huntingdon will win about 27-21.

If anyone knows that you can only play 11 at a time, it's UC after the last game in '05. The total number of player's means nothing. I don't have a dog in the (1A) hunt, but there's a team in Jo Byrns that may have something to say about either team making it to Cookeville. I also went and watched South Pitt play Marion Co. last week, and believe me when I say this... SP's defense can contain anyone, including Holder. But Cookeville's a long ways down the road, and a lot can happen between now and then. Should be a great game!!! Hope it's injury free. I'll be pulling for UC. Good luck Tornadoes from Trousdale Co. :lol:

Holder is not the only offense for the Stangs. The Thompson kid can flat fly as well. Against Milan, Holder had like 170 yards, or something; but they say that Thompson had 110. I thought he had more than that, but that was the official word. It seemed like he had more yards than Holder.

Also, Huntingdon has a vey good defensive player named Zach Wallace #5. He's a beast on the defensive side. The secondary didnt impress me too much. They were out of position, and even falling down on pass plays. But, UC is a running team. Sooooooo....