Oak Ridge vs. Maryville

boyfromsi

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the line on Blade introducing himself to Greyrider?.....

What is the line on Blade hiring a double to take his place?....

What is the line on Blade being able to talk himself out of this stomping?....

What is the line on Blade being admitted to Blount Memorial Hospital?....

What is the line on the Oak Ridge vs Maryville game Stars?.... I think your method is more accurate than Beno "Nortre Dame will be the NC's" Cook.

What is the line on wheather you drive a pick up?

What is the line on wheather you played football at all?!

What is the line on you being a chain smoker who dips skoal?

What is the line on you being a NASCAR FAN?

What is the line on YOUR HOME BEING ON WHEELS?

What is the line on the fact that you think fighting is a good thing?!

Have you noticed a theme at Maryville or even Blount co, instead of debating they all want to fight you?!

I'm just not used to that.

Disagree

about a football game ok, but fight you?

There, I corrected it for you. Still not a good come back though! Can you bring it?

What is the line on weather you drive a pick up?

What is the line on weather you played football at all?!

What is the line on you being a chain smoker who dips skoal?

What is the line on you being a NASCAR FAN?

What is the line on YOUR HOME BEING ON WHEELS?

What is the line on the fact that you think fighting is a good thing?!

Have you noticed a theme at Maryville or even Blount co, instead of debating they all want to fight you?!

I'm just not used to that.

Disagree

about a football game ok, but fight you?

weather

–noun

1. the state of the atmosphere with respect to wind, temperature, cloudiness, moisture, pressure, etc.

2. a strong wind or storm or strong winds and storms collectively: We've had some real weather this spring.

3. a weathercast: The radio announcer will read the weather right after the commercial.

4. Usually, weathers. changes or vicissitudes in one's lot or fortunes: She remained a good friend in all weathers.

–verb (used with object)

5. to expose to the weather; dry, season, or otherwise affect by exposure to the air or atmosphere: to weather lumber before marketing it.

6. to discolor, disintegrate, or affect injuriously, as by the effects of weather: These crumbling stones have been weathered by the centuries.

7. to bear up against and come safely through (a storm, danger, trouble, etc.): to weather a severe illness.

8. Nautical. (of a ship, mariner, etc.) to pass or sail to the windward of: to weather a cape.

9. Architecture. to cause to slope, so as to shed water.

–verb (used without object)

10. to undergo change, esp. discoloration or disintegration, as the result of exposure to atmospheric conditions.

11. to endure or resist exposure to the weather: a coat that weathers well.

12. to go or come safely through a storm, danger, trouble, etc. (usually fol. by through): It was a difficult time for her, but she weathered through beautifully.

—Idiom

13. under the weather, Informal. a. somewhat indisposed; ailing; ill.

b. suffering from a hangover.

c. more or less drunk: Many fatal accidents are caused by drivers who are under the weather.

whether??

–conjunction

1. (used to introduce the first of two or more alternatives, and sometimes repeated before the second or later alternative, usually with the correlative or): It matters little whether we go or stay. Whether we go or whether we stay, the result is the same.

2. (used to introduce a single alternative, the other being implied or understood, or some clause or element not involving alternatives): See whether or not she has come. I doubt whether we can do any better.

Here is one for you,

___________refers to a person who is stereotypically Caucasian and of lower socio-economic status in the United States and Canada, particularly referring to those living in rural areas. Originally limited to the Southern United States,[1] and then to Appalachia,[2] the term has become widely used throughout North America.

IS this you?

Red Rebel, Still feel froggy, or is this you?

"The term has been used for different groups in different time periods. The most common American usage, that of the working class rural white Southerner, is generally believed to derive from individuals having a (redish) neck caused by working outdoors in the sunlight over the course of their lifetime.[3]

In the Dictionary of American Regional English, the earliest citation of the term in this context is from 1830, as "a name bestowed upon the Presbyterians of Fayetteville [North Carolina]". A citation from 1893 provides a definition as "poorer inhabitants of the rural districts...men who work in the field, as a matter of course, generally have their skin burned red by the sun, and especially is this true of the back of their necks".[4]"

Here is one for you,

___________refers to a person who is stereotypically Caucasian and of lower socio-economic status in the United States and Canada, particularly referring to those living in rural areas. Originally limited to the Southern United States,[1] and then to Appalachia,[2] the term has become widely used throughout North America.

IS this you?

Yes!!!! Yeeee Hiiiii.....Red Rebulls eye beeleeve blaid and me wint two tha saim spellin

klass "weather".....eye mean "wheather"......uhhhhhh whether he wonts two beeleeve hit err knot...... :thumb:

The two teams haven't played since 1969 in a regular season game. Oak Ridge has won the last two games in the series but trails in the series 4-3.

I think it's tied at 3-3 all time. 1948 MHS 27 OR 13, 1949 MHS 13 OR 20, 1966 MHS 3 OR 0, 1967 MHS 15 OR 0, 1968 MHS 7 OR 33, 1969, MHS 14 OR 34.

If there was another game I missed it. (on paper not in person)

I think it 4-3 Maryville also. The one you missed according to the Oak Ridge website was.

1943 MHS 6 OR 0

There also was a team called Maryville Everette in 1976. Don't know who that was.

How great it would be to talk about the game.

I too am excited that these two programs will play each other. The game should be huge. Not a district game for ether team but for Maryville this is the last non-district. The rest of the schedule counts. Maryville needs to slow the run and OR must contain the pass. OR gets nervous and turns the ball over more than three times it could be bad for them. A win would be a big confidence builder for both teams. I don't think the game will be a blow out, but a last minute nail biter!

MHS 20 ORHS 17

The two teams haven't played since 1969 in a regular season game. Oak Ridge has won the last two games in the series but trails in the series 4-3.

I think it's tied at 3-3 all time. 1948 MHS 27 OR 13, 1949 MHS 13 OR 20, 1966 MHS 3 OR 0, 1967 MHS 15 OR 0, 1968 MHS 7 OR 33, 1969, MHS 14 OR 34.

If there was another game I missed it. (on paper not in person)

I think it 4-3 Maryville also. The one you missed according to the Oak Ridge website was.

1943 MHS 6 OR 0

There also was a team called Maryville Everette in 1976. Don't know who that was.

Here is what I have for Maryville in 1943:

1943 Jim Renfro 7-1-1

Etowah 7-7 T

Porter 53-0 W

Townsend 58-6 W

Everett 20-0 W

Alcoa 21-0 W

Rule 7-6 W

McMinn 60-0 W

Rockwood 13-19 L

Stari Tech 31-0 W

(Maryville) Everett was a Blount County Schools - High School that was located in the City of Maryville. Kinda like Bradley Central in Cleveland. It was closed when BCS opened Heritage High School in 1977. I think there is a direct correlation with the closing of Everett and the improved play of both Maryville and Alcoa. It must have been a JV game in 1943. Didn't you all still have gates up back then?