Oak Ridge vs. Maryville

boyfromsi

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaching does seem to be the theme in fridays game and who could argue with that. Quarles will likely go down as Tn's most successful highschool coach with 7 state titles already in his mid forties and looks like he has no sign of settling down. He was just recently selected to coach the U.S. All-American game televised on nationally on CBS. Thus signifing has proven to be one of the best in his field nation wide. And here comes Scott Blade who is one of the hottest coaching commodities in the state after he upset Quarles 74 game win streak in the championship game last december. Apparently it was Quarles who suggested that Blade apply for the Oak Ridge job so the two seem to have a friendly relationship. To be honest right now Oak Ridge has neither the wealth of feeder schools that Maryville has nor the abundance of talent that Hillsboro had when he beat Quarles last year. That being said i believe this will be a very entertaing game but i would be an idiot to think that Blades team could compete with Quarles dynasty at this point.But in two or three years who knows!!!!...... GO TRIBE!!

OK, just two simple questions from me as I went mind blank from the drivel on page 5 or 6.

1. Is this game going to be broadcast on the web so those of us NOT in East Tn can see it?

2. If so then where?

Got a third question for the Maryville crowd, do y'all ever talk about the game and if so do y'all ever do it in English? :thumb:

BTW Congratulations to Coach Q for being selected to coach the East team this year in the US Army East-West game! :lol:

Sitting at the game. About 5 min till kickoff. A lot more seats available than I thought. Ieveryone might be on the 730 schedule. Should b a great game. I see one tv camera in the pressbox and one up in the air behind the field goal....is this game on tv? Well I'll try to have a few updates on the game

Sitting at the game. About 5 min till kickoff. A lot more seats available than I thought. Ieveryone might be on the 730 schedule. Should b a great game. I see one tv camera in the pressbox and one up in the air behind the field goal....is this game on tv? Well I'll try to have a few updates on the game

well thats a good way to get good seats.