Oak Ridge vs. Maryville

boyfromsi

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. I am sorry they were not impressed with our stadium. I have seen it with over 10,000 in there. I thought It would look like a Maryville/Alcoa game in there last night. I love the stadium because there is no track and we are right on top of the field. My season tickets are on row 6 and I can hear the players and coaches talk.

I am glad you are impressed Govols but that was an incredibly sloppy offensive game by Maryville standards. Several drops and a few missed passes to the receivers that are not representative of a typical Maryville offense. The line has three and sometimes four sophomores starting and it does show at times. The Maryville fumble on the one was a missed blocking assignment and a good play and hit by the OR player. I guess you haven't watched a Maryville offense very much but regardless thanks for the complements.

Blade knows how to build and it's no surprise that his team is improving. That's what good coaches do. Like Maryville OR is young and will be formidable again very soon.

Ha ha Reb. Yes, if you take away the Maryville fumble, dropped passes, missed passes, and missed blocking assignments, it would have been a blow out.....but if you take away Oak Ridge's 2 fumbles, interception for TD, blown punt coverage for TD, and missed extra point Oak Ridge has a convincing win. Couldn't that be said in every close high school game played? The game was what it was, and the players played the way they played. Part of the reason OR fumbled was the pressure that Maryville was applying. BUT, part of the reason that Maryville had missed passes was the pressure the OR defense was putting on your fine QB. And of course, you mentioned the fumble at least had a little bit to do with the hit that the Maryville QB took.

I don't know whether this applies to you or not, but I think there are a number of fans who (while they will never admit it) expected the game to be pretty one-sided and are a little disappointed today. Maryville has a fine team and a tremendous tradition. They probably are not quite up to their typical standard. But I can assure you as one who has watched OR football for 25 + years, that while I'm proud of our team's effort last night, make no mistake. This was not representative of OR's standards either. Good luck the rest of the season. See you next year.

Yes...the hit had everything to do with the fumble but you stated that that Maryville's level of execution was fantastic and it was not. As I stated and GQ and many others would suggest....that was a sloppy offensive game for Maryville. OR's defense had a lot to do with the offensive play but dropped passes and throws that were inaccurate to wide open receivers are not a indicative of fantastic execution nor had anything to do with OR's defense.

I don't agree with your assessment that overall, MHS's offensive execution was sloppy. On the contrary, I would point to a handful of plays that were not as well executed as they could have been and look at the execution as a whole as well done. (A defense putting pressure on a QB, and DB play generally has just a little to do with how the ball is thrown and caught.) Never-the-less, I will defer to you and apologize for my compliment of Maryville's execution. :thumb:

As far as the remainder of the season, it will be interesting to see how OR does against Clinton and Anderson County, and how Maryville does against Farragut and Catholic. Going into the game last night, I really didn't expect either team to look very good. While IMHO both are down, I think both are better than I thought. We'll know alot more about both of these teams as the season plays out. If things went just the right way, I suppose it is possible that these two teams could meet again this year.

As far as the stadium, I was very impressed. While I admit I am partial to Blankenship, MHS has a very nice HS stadium. The PA system is the best I've heard at a HS stadium. Fans were friendly and atmosphere was great. My one critique would be that it would be nice to have some grilled burgers as part of the concession menu. I was surprised with that omission for a first rate stadium and program. Alcoa has kind of set the standard for band burgers I suppose.

. My one critique would be that it would be nice to have some grilled burgers as part of the concession menu. I was surprised with that omission for a first rate stadium and program. Alcoa has kind of set the standard for band burgers I suppose.

Maryville's concessions are horrible. Always has been. If you ever come back make sure you pick something up on the way

. My one critique would be that it would be nice to have some grilled burgers as part of the concession menu. I was surprised with that omission for a first rate stadium and program. Alcoa has kind of set the standard for band burgers I suppose.

Maryville's concessions are horrible. Always has been. If you ever come back make sure you pick something up on the way

If you don't get a chili dog before half time you will not get one. They always run out at or before the half. Concessions at the "Skeeter" are very poor. :thumb:

Well eye agree Mairvul was sorta sloppy...Butt Oke Gridge had sumthin two do wif hit..#47 for Oke Gridge iz a player and Blade duz a good job wif hiz Defence....Playing tha LB's deep and letting them run sideline two sideline.....Mairvul iz yung and West got popped butt will lurn frum hit..Eye thank we rilly missed Cox at LB last nite too and Owsley got hurt on tha furst series.....Butt a good win and lots ov thangs tha coaches frum both teems will wanna git fixed beefour next weak....Eye thank Oke Gridge's radio crew coulda got inn tha press box...If'un Packer and Stanton wooda scooted ovur!!!!!......Rebullman if'un ewe wood quit eatin so minny..Thay mite bee sum left fer sumbody else!!!!...... :roll:.... :thumb:

Well eye agree Mairvul was sorta sloppy...Butt Oke Gridge had sumthin two do wif hit..#47 for Oke Gridge iz a player and Blade duz a good job wif hiz Defence....Playing tha LB's deep and letting them run sideline two sideline.....Mairvul iz yung and West got popped butt will lurn frum hit..Eye thank we rilly missed Cox at LB last nite too and Owsley got hurt on tha furst series.....Butt a good win and lots ov thangs tha coaches frum both teems will wanna git fixed beefour next weak....Eye thank Oke Gridge's radio crew coulda got inn tha press box...If'un Packer and Stanton wooda scooted ovur!!!!!......Rebullman if'un ewe wood quit eatin so minny..Thay mite bee sum left fer sumbody else!!!!...... :roll:.... :thumb:

Are you sure MommaSTARS don't hit it on the way in?

Quick question....where was bladerunner? There was a lot of money lost on this NO-SHOW. Tickets were sold and popcorn popped. Oh well....I guess it was what all expected from Bladerunner....a big bag of air. BTW....runner is an appropriate MO........ :thumb:

Can anyone else imagine a thread without bladerunner and MLREB spouting off, this thread was almost as classy as the Maryville fans we talked to before and after the game, then MLREB has to chime in. Too bad you can't get a lesson from rebelron on how to win AND post with class!