BA vs. Ensworth

BAEagleFootball

What year is Darkwa? It seems like once he leaves, Ensworth will struggle. If he has to leave any game this year, will Ensworth be as good?

He is a SR this year. His health and EHS lack of depth will be the key to their year. He is a great back and you have to contain him to beat Ensworth.

He runs 75% of the time behind 300+lbs offensive tackle #74. So do your best to defend that play and you have a chance.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What year is Darkwa? It seems like once he leaves, Ensworth will struggle. If he has to leave any game this year, will Ensworth be as good?

Well, Ensworth will still have Jr. Rodney Anderson next year who is quicker and faster than Darkwa and he is coming off a torn ACL. Richardson will be back next year so I don't see the running game taking as big of a blow as some may think.

Well, Ensworth will still have Jr. Rodney Anderson next year who is quicker and faster than Darkwa and he is coming off a torn ACL. Richardson will be back next year so I don't see a the running game taking as big of a blow as some may think.

I think what we are about to see is the same thing we see with BA, and that is that even in "rebuilding" years, this will be a top 5 team in DII. Yes, losing Jefferson and OOD back to back years will hurt, but I am sure there are a few very good guys just waiting their turn at Hogwarts.

How do you rush for 307 yards and score 15 points? Ensworth had 11 penalties for 111 yards. That's a drive stopper, since most of those penalties came on the offensive side of the ball. BA had a great game plan in making Ensworth have to drive the length of the field and not give up the big play. If it wasn't for Corey Sacks' 2nd interception of the game in the final 90 seconds down in the endzone, the paper may have had a different story this morning.

As far as Orleans, in five games he has 157 carries for 1245 yards, 14 TD. He is averaging 249 per game on 7.9 per carry.

Correction: 158 carries for 1275 yards and 15 TD, 8.1 yards per carry and 255 yards per game.

How do you rush for 307 yards and score 15 points? Ensworth had 11 penalties for 111 yards. That's a drive stopper, since most of those penalties came on the offensive side of the ball. BA had a great game plan in making Ensworth have to drive the length of the field and not give up the big play. If it wasn't for Corey Sacks' 2nd interception of the game in the final 90 seconds down in the endzone, the paper may have had a different story this morning.

As far as Orleans, in five games he has 157 carries for 1245 yards, 14 TD. He is averaging 249 per game on 7.9 per carry.

Correction: 158 carries for 1275 yards and 15 TD, 8.1 yards per carry and 255 yards per game.

No, 157 for 1245, and 14 TD is actually correct. Check out www.unapproved website.com - these our Ensworth's official stats. The Tennessean is off.

Ricky Bowers has had great players flock to him wherever he has gone.

All the MBA posters that proclaim that the Big Red only won in the Bowers years due to having physically overmatched, but really smart and better-coached teams make me chuckle.

Give me a break! :wacko:

Even in the years when he was a BA assistant the Eagles had the best talent they have ever had.

As long as he is the head coach at Ensworth, they will be very competitive. The "Ensworth effect" is beginning to really have an impact on both BA and MBA athletically...especially MBA. The Big Red supporters can deny it all they want, but in their gut, they know it is real. Most of those players you see on the Ensworth team today would have been on MBA's team 4-5 years ago. Maybe a couple would have played for BA also.

Good for Ensworth. They are really building a quality program there.

Ricky Bowers has had great players flock to him wherever he has gone.

All the MBA posters that proclaim that the Big Red only won in the Bowers years due to having physically overmatched, but really smart and better-coached teams make me chuckle.

Give me a break! :roflolk:

Even in the years when he was a BA assistant the Eagles had the best talent they have ever had.

As long as he is the head coach at Ensworth, they will be very competitive. The "Ensworth effect" is beginning to really have an impact on both BA and MBA athletically...especially MBA. The Big Red supporters can deny it all they want, but in their gut, they know it is real. Most of those players you see on the Ensworth team today would have been on MBA's team 4-5 years ago. Maybe a couple would have played for BA also.

Good for Ensworth. They are really building a quality program there.

You couldn't be more wrong. MBA is getting the same players it was getting when Bowers was there. Most of my teammates, who won 3 titles, came from Oak Hill, St. Paul, Ensworth Middle, Harding, some public schools and some parochials schools, which is still the case.

Coaching had a lot to do with it, but it wasn't just Ricky that contributed to the success. Caudill, Elliott, and Redmond contributed huge amounts. I think Floyd Elliott was the primary reason for MBA's success. Both coaches since Bowers have had success and won championships. Since Elliott left, there have been growing pains. There have also been some significant injuries. We were very fortunate during our run to stay healthy for most of the year. That hasn't been the case recently.

MBA's had great success on the football field. You can't win a championship every year, and this isn't MBA's year. The Big Red will win again, however.

Of course they are coming from the same places...there just aren't as many of them, nor are they the quality that MBA used to get. It's simple math. When another top program is added in an area, it dilutes the talent. In addition, although most of your teammates came from those schools, a few of the best players did not, and those types of players make a ton of difference.

We'll see how it shakes out. The evidence is on my side of the argument so far.

Of course they are coming from the same places...there just aren't as many of them, nor are they the quality that MBA used to get. It's simple math. When another top program is added in an area, it dilutes the talent. In addition, although most of your teammates came from those schools, a few of the best players did not, and those types of players make a ton of difference.

We'll see how it shakes out. The evidence is on my side of the argument so far.

The game last year was very close...MBA came back from probably the worst start to a game the school's ever had. Suppose they'd held the lead and won, thus had a 2-1 record againt Ensworth (same record Ensworth has now). Would you use that limited evidence to argue that Ensworth was having no effect at all on the MBA program, given that on the same basis you're saying that Ensworth is having a devatstaing effect on MBA?

Certainly Ensworth is getting some kids who would have gone to MBA. But MBA is also getting more kids from less traditional places as well. They're having no trouble filling classes with very well qualified young men. Nashville is bigger than it was in the '70's, and a greater percentage of parents are sending kids to private schools. We'll be ok.

Back to Orleans. What a classy young man. I wish major colleges would stop looking at his 40 dash in shorts and pay closer attention to what he does in the pads. You match that with the heart of a lion and his quiet sense of humility and you have yourself one outstanding prospect. I hope someone big takes a chance on a young man that I believe will be remembered for a very long time in Ensworth football history.