MARYVILLE VS. BEARDEN

Red Rebels

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can help you with Bearden's team. Obviously their best player is Devrin Young, most teams have keyed on him and has helped slow down they gaudy numbers he had last year. Also in the backfield they have Peyton Landers who is a good hard nosed down hill runner who can get the tough yards. Their QB is undersized but has a decent arm and feet, however if he is pressured he will make mistakes. Their receivers aren't very good. Defense has saved this team this year pretty much. Goltry, Wilker and Williamson are their key players back there. Maryville should roll if they can take advantage of Cisco playing safety (He overruns plays and misses tackles ALOT) and 34 who is not as good a corner as Stephens or Young.

That's what I have seen not a Bearden fan though.

Fellers looks two me like Mairvul will be tha underdog in this 'un.....Beer-Den iz comin' inn ranked #2.....While'st Mairvul iz ranked #5...... :wacko:

I f this is true ,I predict 2 upsets: rebs over dogs and MommaStars if she gets shortchanged on the ribs at Calhoun's. :ugeek:

Well crawdad momma's all reddy mad caws we's playin at home.....Butt weal haiv a few hundurd differunt thangs two eat insted.....Soup beens, sweet ung-yuns, skillet cornbred, and a few galluns ov cold clumpy buttermilk.... :blink:

I'm glad that this game is taking place. I remember being an MHS student and going to all the heated games between Maryville and Bearden for basketball, soccer, baseball, and even swimming matches. I think Maryville will have a good test against this Bearden team but should come out on top. I'm going to say

MHS 23 BHS 16

P.S. Down with the K.I.L.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

Cisco is a good athlete. He is one of those kickers who converted from soccer and has a freakishly strong leg. I've seen him several times, the last time being agianst Jeff Co. where he kicked a 47 yd fg and kicked two long punts, (one was even snapped 5 feet over his head and he managed to get it off after chasing it 20 yards downfield) As far as WR, I don't believe he has the hands to make those tough catches or (not saying he's not tough) but the ability to keep getting hit over and over. He has never been put through that before so WR might be a stretch. At safety he is pretty fast, and intimidating, but he won't lower the pads and lay the big lick. Look for him to tackle like a soccer player would. But let me re-emphasize, an outstanding kicker/punter.

I'll go.... Maryville 31, Bearden 20