Clinton/Oak Ridge

thekidd0086

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Space3 you got me thinking so I just looked at TSSAA.org. The district standings in a 3-way tie would be determined by the team that had won the most games. Thus, if Clinton beats O.R. and loses to A.C. then Clinton is still 1st in the district. That, under my understanding would mean that A.C. would still be 2nd seed for playoffs. I could be wrong, but I did just read how they determine district standings and that determines playoff seeding.

Well, I'll be the second. Congrats to the Clinton Dragons on a hard fought win tonight. I thought the difference in the game was Clinton's edge in team speed. However, kudos to our defense for playing great. Our offense really had a poor game; the worst since the Farragut game. Clinton's defense had something to do with it, but we had way to many unforced errors.

This was a great rivalry game with all of the hard hitting, pressure mistakes and high drama. (I hope I didn't just hear the Hazelhurst's injury was not as bad as they are saying). Powell did a good enough job filling in and the tightend had a great game.

We need to spend next week getting sharp against Campbell county. This loss probably guarantees a first round game against either Maryville or Ooltewah. So went really need to sharpen our offensive execution.

Great game tonight all the way around. I was impressed with Oak Ridges quarterback with what he was able to do on the ground. His arm lacks a lot of strength and he floated a lot of balls but overall he will be a good player for Oak Ride for the next couple of years. I was really disappointed to see the refs blow a couple of calls. It swear I don't know what it is but the refs just don't like us for some reason. :thumb: Dragons offense sputtered at times to an impressive Oak Ridge defense but overall it looked like most of the time when Clinton got stopped it was on mental mistakes. Must say I love the new draw play though. Big game for the Dragons this week and I do wish the game was on Friday to give Weston one more day. We will see though. As for next week as long as we can stay healthy and step it up on D I think we will be ok. As always Go Dragons!!!

I have been talking trash for two weeks leading up to this game and had fun doing it. :roflol: But after watching one of the best high school football games I have watched since the OR Clinton game back in 1992, I have to tip my hat to the Wildcats. Great game plan to contain Hazelhurst, and their defense was very impressive. Don't get me wrong, Clinton left a few touchdowns out there caused by mental errors, and not making plays they have made all season, but OR defense was very very good all night. Coach Blade must be a really good coach because when I seen them in the jamboree I thought they were in for a long season, but thats far from the case. They will make some noise in the 6-A playoffs mark it down. But OR fans, you really have to admit, the refs in this game were absolutely terrible. I thought Clinton got canned in Dobyns Bennett but last night was way worse. They missed calls all night long, and looked like they really tried to help OR win. That whole crew should be treated like the SEC crew that got suspended after there terrible performance in the Florida vs Arkansas game. They really ruined a great football game that will be remembered for a very long time. Good Luck to Oak Ridge the rest of the way and GO DRAGONS 9-0

Does anyone know exactly how long it's been since Clinton beat Oak Ridge two years in a row? I'm 56 years old and we've only beaten them 7 times I can remember: 1970 (my senior year), 1972 (I think), once in the mid 1980's when Charles McCrae was there, 1992, 1997, last year, and this year. I wasn't sure if I'd ever see it in my lifetime. :roflol: