Clinton/Oak Ridge

thekidd0086

In a game like this, i think you can throw out the records. But here are some numbers for the people that might be interested.

Oak Ridge Offense Averages 24 pts a game.

Oak Ridge Defense Gives Up an Ave of 11 pts a game.

Clinton Offense Averages 37 pts a game.

Clinton Defense Gives Up an Ave of 12 pts a game.

Should be interesting...... dry.gif

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain or no, it's going to be a great game. It's really exciting to have such a good local matchup.

Parking is always an issue; the best advice is to get there early, then walk to dinner somewhere nearby (Big Ed's, Brickyard BBQ, the Soup Kitchen, or Razzleberry Ice Cream are all in the immediate area).

Glad to see the Wildcat fans holding back on the trash talk. It's bad luck. Clinton is an impressive team, but it's no gimme for either side.

Ill agree with the statment OR has a good D, really good line as well, but in all their games this season have they seen a QB that makes plays with this legs with as much success as D-stone. NO. Maryvilles QB can run, but only when its a designed run play with blockers set up for him, very similar to OR's QB. Stone makes plays, when everything breaks down, hes awsome at that, an OR has no one on their D-line who can catch him, just like last season, and he can throw with the best of them, and makes very few mistakes ( no pics this season) and add #2 to the mix, even more trouble. Clinton Offensive is better than OR defense, and clinton's D (around 13 points a game) is just as good or better than OR's O so therefore they win, period.

Ill agree with the statment OR has a good D, really good line as well, but in all their games this season have they seen a QB that makes plays with this legs with as much success as D-stone. NO. Maryvilles QB can run, but only when its a designed run play with blockers set up for him, very similar to OR's QB. Stone makes plays, when everything breaks down, hes awsome at that, an OR has no one on their D-line who can catch him, just like last season, and he can throw with the best of them, and makes very few mistakes ( no pics this season) and add #2 to the mix, even more trouble. Clinton Offensive is better than OR defense, and clinton's D (around 13 points a game) is just as good or better than OR's O so therefore they win, period.

If you're going to quote stats why not use common opponents. Both teams have played 5 common opponents.

Oak Ridge Offense (29.8 per game) Defense (5.8)

Clinton Offense (39.5) Defense (17.8)

While you are so high on your QB, and as you say #2, tell me, how many times have they made the playoff's since they've been there. Can you say once. How many times have the won a playoff game? Can you say none. It should be a good game Friday, and I may not be able to guarantee a win, but I will bet that our little sophmore quarterback will win a playoff game before he becomes a senior.

Finally, you can quote all the stats and praise all the kids you want too, but the game will be decided on the field Friday night.

I wish stats wouldnt even be released for this game. You might as well throw out records and stats because it will be two quality teams playing in that game and it could go either way. This will be a 4th quarter game. Dragon fans OR is a diffrent team than last year....Im not saying we wont win but this will be a close one...OR d is just too good. I cant wait for it...

And a good bulk of the points Oak Ridge gave up were in the first game.

Plus, 14 of the points against Maryville were on an interception return and punt return. Also, teams in our district are only averaging 6 pts a game against our defense.

You can sugar coat the stats all you want to, but the numbers dont lie. And if being confident in your teams ability is considered smack talking, then i guess i am guilty. But i tell you one thing.....if Oak Ridge wins, i will be the first one to get on here and congratulate them on a job well done. :thumb:

And a good bulk of the points Oak Ridge gave up were in the first game.

Plus, 14 of the points against Maryville were on an interception return and punt return. Also, teams in our district are only averaging 6 pts a game against our defense.

You can sugar coat the stats all you want to, but the numbers dont lie. And if being confident in your teams ability is considered smack talking, then i guess i am guilty. But i tell you one thing.....if Oak Ridge wins, i will be the first one to get on here and congratulate them on a job well done. :roflol:

You sir are a true fan .... any fan who back their team should also be there to congratulate the opposing team should his team lose! Kudos to you!