Clinton/Oak Ridge

thekidd0086

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Downtown,

what does it matter to you who our qb is if you don't even live in Oak Ridge. 15 will be our qb for the next two years so you may as well get used to it. Rian had a great game at tailback and has not expressed any desire to play quarterback, he has no problem with his role on this football team. So, what is your problem? You think you know better than the coaches what is best for this team?

It sounds to me like the OR fans are the ones that need to get used to the idea of this kid being the QB for the next 2 years. I simply hate to see a situation where the best possible athletes are not on the field for any team, for any reason. Rian is a superior athlete to the current QB. I think if you are honest with yourself then you would say the same thing. He would bring the ability to make plays with his legs. Something that the current QB is not a real threat to do.

Rian is a superior athlete. But the point you are missing is that Rian is starting as a freshman. He is on the field, and he is making plays. He's only the fourth freshman to ever start for Oak Ridge, and Coach Blade has stated several times publicly that Rian is surefire future star at Oak Ridge. I assure you, Rian does not have a problem with his role on this team, he is fine with playing tailback and slot receiver. I think Coach Blade knows what is best for the Wildcats better than you or anybody else does. Most fans think 15 is doing a great job and if in fact Rian wants the job and wins it next spring we will be fine with that too.

Great game tonight all the way around. I was impressed with Oak Ridges quarterback with what he was able to do on the ground. His arm lacks a lot of strength and he floated a lot of balls but overall he will be a good player for Oak Ride for the next couple of years. I was really disappointed to see the refs blow a couple of calls. It swear I don't know what it is but the refs just don't like us for some reason. :D Dragons offense sputtered at times to an impressive Oak Ridge defense but overall it looked like most of the time when Clinton got stopped it was on mental mistakes. Must say I love the new draw play though. Big game for the Dragons this week and I do wish the game was on Friday to give Weston one more day. We will see though. As for next week as long as we can stay healthy and step it up on D I think we will be ok. As always Go Dragons!!!

I'm not really sure how you could say the refs don't like you o42. You guys should thank "PAPA Ref" for your win over OR. :blink:

I agree with the oppressed one, but we can't blame it all on the refs. Is number 2 fr the Dragons Ok?

No, we can't blame it all on the refs, bladerunner. But I don't think you realize what I'm saying. Check out the refs family ties. That will explain my statement somewhat clearer. :?

Hey Downtown,

what does it matter to you who our qb is if you don't even live in Oak Ridge. 15 will be our qb for the next two years so you may as well get used to it. Rian had a great game at tailback and has not expressed any desire to play quarterback, he has no problem with his role on this football team. So, what is your problem? You think you know better than the coaches what is best for this team?

It sounds to me like the OR fans are the ones that need to get used to the idea of this kid being the QB for the next 2 years. I simply hate to see a situation where the best possible athletes are not on the field for any team, for any reason. Rian is a superior athlete to the current QB. I think if you are honest with yourself then you would say the same thing. He would bring the ability to make plays with his legs. Something that the current QB is not a real threat to do.

:lol::lol::lol::thumb::lol:

Hey Downtown,

So our QB, who just happens to be our leading rusher as a Soph, is not a threat to make plays with his legs? Please explain this to me. I see both players with a great future with this team. Can't wait to see them grow up over the next 3 years.

I agree with the oppressed one, but we can't blame it all on the refs. Is number 2 fr the Dragons Ok?

No, we can't blame it all on the refs, bladerunner. But I don't think you realize what I'm saying. Check out the refs family ties. That will explain my statement somewhat clearer. :roflol:

All I have to say is I have never seen an illegal shift penalty and a intentional grounding penalty combined. By the way it was pretty obvious that an Oak Ridge player touched the ball before it went 10 yards and they missed that too. There were so many things that night that I can't even name them all. But I probably don't have to tell you that you were pretty shocked and excited with the final score.

No, we can't blame it all on the refs, bladerunner. But I don't think you realize what I'm saying. Check out the refs family ties. That will explain my statement somewhat clearer. :roflol:

All I have to say is I have never seen an illegal shift penalty and a intentional grounding penalty combined. By the way it was pretty obvious that an Oak Ridge player touched the ball before it went 10 yards and they missed that too. There were so many things that night that I can't even name them all. But I probably don't have to tell you that you were pretty shocked and excited with the final score.

I'll stay out of the arguement about officiating, but I have watched the game tape. After watching the onside kick numerous times from 2 different angles and in slo-mo - the touch was easily AFTER 10 yards. No question about it. Who recovered? I don't know.

Here's my take on it. Coach Blade said he was standing at 10 yards, like any good coach would do. He said the ball clearly went ten yards before it was touched. The penalty that was called was for touching the ball before it went ten. So, it really doesn't matter who came out of the pile with the ball, if they ruled it didn't go ten yards. For what it's worth, according to one of the players that was in that pile immediately after the game, Oak Ridge recovered it initially, but it was taken from him in the pile. But hey that's football, it belongs to whoever comes out of there with it most times. Fact is, they ruled it didn't go ten. We cannot blame the refs, we never should have been in an onside kick situation. We had the unsportsmanlike call on a senior at the end of the first half from the 2 yard line. That backed us up for one of two blocked field goals. Oak Ridge had their opportunities to win the game and didn't get it done.