Clinton/Oak Ridge

thekidd0086

I thought the officials looked bad against Oak Ridge in the first half and Clinton in the second. It was a really good game, and if you didn't care who won, it would have really been a good one to watch. But...

Clinton has never beaten Oak Ridge two years in a row, one year in the forties they played twice in the same year, with Clinton beating Oak Ridge both times.

Oak Ridge just lets you all win every ten years or so, so you'll keep playing us.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the reason Clinton was able to beat them twice in one year during the 1940's is because Oak Ridge was a new school, and their football tradition hadn't begun yet.

I thought the officials looked bad against Oak Ridge in the first half and Clinton in the second. It was a really good game, and if you didn't care who won, it would have really been a good one to watch. But...

Clinton has never beaten Oak Ridge two years in a row, one year in the forties they played twice in the same year, with Clinton beating Oak Ridge both times. Oak Ridge just lets you all win every ten years or so, so you'll keep playing us.

Great game tonight all the way around. I was impressed with Oak Ridges quarterback with what he was able to do on the ground. His arm lacks a lot of strength and he floated a lot of balls but overall he will be a good player for Oak Ride for the next couple of years. I was really disappointed to see the refs blow a couple of calls. It swear I don't know what it is but the refs just don't like us for some reason. :mellow: Dragons offense sputtered at times to an impressive Oak Ridge defense but overall it looked like most of the time when Clinton got stopped it was on mental mistakes. Must say I love the new draw play though. Big game for the Dragons this week and I do wish the game was on Friday to give Weston one more day. We will see though. As for next week as long as we can stay healthy and step it up on D I think we will be ok. As always Go Dragons!!!

I'm not really sure how you could say the refs don't like you o42. You guys should thank "PAPA Ref" for your win over OR. :?

Great game tonight all the way around. I was impressed with Oak Ridges quarterback with what he was able to do on the ground. His arm lacks a lot of strength and he floated a lot of balls but overall he will be a good player for Oak Ride for the next couple of years. I was really disappointed to see the refs blow a couple of calls. It swear I don't know what it is but the refs just don't like us for some reason. :thumb: Dragons offense sputtered at times to an impressive Oak Ridge defense but overall it looked like most of the time when Clinton got stopped it was on mental mistakes. Must say I love the new draw play though. Big game for the Dragons this week and I do wish the game was on Friday to give Weston one more day. We will see though. As for next week as long as we can stay healthy and step it up on D I think we will be ok. As always Go Dragons!!!

I'm not really sure how you could say the refs don't like you o42. You guys should thank "PAPA Ref" for your win over OR. :thumb:

I agree with the oppressed one, but we can't blame it all on the refs. Is number 2 fr the Dragons Ok?

Oak Ridge has nothing to be ashamed of, they played their butts off! Good luck to the wildcats the rest of the season. :excl:

I disagree. Oak Ridge has 2 things to be ashamed of:

1. The fact that they live in Oak Ridge

2. Their Quarterback.

Could it be time to put Rian Hall under center? I think so!

The Oak Ridge QB was probably the best or second best QB I saw Maryville play this season. That is crazy talk....or angry parent talk.

So let me guess who your son is...............

Oak Ridge has nothing to be ashamed of, they played their butts off! Good luck to the wildcats the rest of the season. :excl:

I disagree. Oak Ridge has 2 things to be ashamed of:

1. The fact that they live in Oak Ridge

2. Their Quarterback.

Could it be time to put Rian Hall under center? I think so!

The Oak Ridge QB was probably the best or second best QB I saw Maryville play this season. That is crazy talk....or angry parent talk.

So let me guess who your son is...............

If your guess is Rian you'd be WRONG! I'm only 28 so I would have gotten started on my family quite early if that were the case. As far as the OR quarterback being so good. I would have to say I agree. He is good at throwing the ball to the dragons. :excl:

Hey Downtown,

what does it matter to you who our qb is if you don't even live in Oak Ridge. 15 will be our qb for the next two years so you may as well get used to it. Rian had a great game at tailback and has not expressed any desire to play quarterback, he has no problem with his role on this football team. So, what is your problem? You think you know better than the coaches what is best for this team?

Anyone who says we should thank the refs for the win is crazy.. Oak Ridge got calls right an left all night long and the last call on the onside kick was the correct one, i watched it an clinton's number 46 stole the ball in the pile and lost his helmet in the process. Those refs were terrible all night long so u should be thanking the them for keeping you in the game...