Is Alcoa the best team in any Classification?

a-town1408

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see a lot of Randall Cobb when he played at Alcoa, but I have seen him do well at Kentucky and being an impact player at an SEC school is quite an achievement.

I have however seen a lot of Barry Brunetti, earlier this year he was named one of ESPNs Elite 11 quarterbacks and is on the watch list for M a x P r e p s National Player of the Year award. Brunetti's stats thus far have been quite excellent, he has accounted for 26 touchdowns and 0 turnovers(18 passing/8 rushing).

Mind boggling stat for MUS..3 turnovers though 9 games, 2 bad snaps(back-up Qb was in)and a muffed punt...that is a level of execution I have never seen in high school.

I'm not really familiar with the Bowers guy. Where was he before Ensworth? Also, I read in an article on the DII boards that Ensworth got a guy in this year that had to sit out this season. People are claiming him to be the next John Henderson. I believe he's either a Sophomore or a Junior right now. According to that article and people talking in there, he's supposed to be the absolute real deal.

Ricky Bowers coached at MBA prior to joining Ensworth, and Antonio Richardson sat out last year and is playing(quite well)this year for Ensworth.

Ok, I do remember hearing about Bowers going from MBA to Ensworth now that I think about it.

MUS was the best high school team I've ever seen play. Their level of execution is beyond high school expectation. They just don't mess up! They are now ranked #14 in the country and looking to finish off the regular season with another perfect record against Briarcrest on Friday night.

BigSneaky, can you back up the statement I heard? The statement I heard from someone behind me was that Brunetti might be the best QB out of Memphis in 20-25 years.

Guys, I know it's hard to imagine a team actually being better than Alcoa, but there IS a team in Tennessee that is a tad better than Alcoa! Randall Cobb is not as good as Barry Brunetti, SORRY! You guys haven't even seen MUS play this year and you still claim that Alcoa is better! THEY'RE NOT BETTER! I've seen both teams against their biggest team of the year. The Alcoa/Maryville game was exactly like the MUS/Christian Brothers game. Believe it or not. The Great American Sports Rivalry that was at the Alcoa/Maryville game was at the MUS/Christian Brothers game as well. You say that Alcoa has 2 DE's that are D1. MUS's hole defense looked capable of playing college football at some level. There's a reason why MUS is ranked #17 in the country and has already defeated 2 national powers in South Panola and Olive Branch out of Mississippi.

Christian Brothers, I believe, could play with Alcoa for 3 quarters, Alcoa would pull away in the end (like the Maryville game). Christian Brothers RB is a highly touted RB and will play major D1 football. Brothers QB may be small, but he's extremely quick and through his passes right on the money almost every time. Going into the game, Christian Brothers had the best defense in Memphis and MUS had the best offense in Memphis. After that game, it looked as if MUS had the best defense and offense in Memphis.

Memphisfootball, there's really no need to keep this argument going. I've seen both teams play this year and I've seen both teams play to their potential. I know football and I know a better team when I see it.

GCPioneer, I didn't say Alcoa was better than MUS. I just stated that they wouldn't get beat by 17-21 points to them like you did. Believe it or not I know football pretty well too my friend. Maybe you didn't appreciate the way the Blount County (Alcoa-Maryville) teams play football. In case you didn't notice the Maryville Rebels are ranked #2 in 6A. Bell County Ky is ranked #2 in 4A. Alcoa beat both of these teams decisively. Also if you look at Memphis football the last ten years and compare the teams to just the Knoxville area teams you will find better teams overall in this area. Of course that's my opinion. You might have a different take on it I'm sure but Blount County alone the last 5 years has more championships in football than the whole city of Memphis the last decade. Let's not get into basketball. That's a totally different conversation.

Ohhh yeah GCP, I do remember you comparing Kendahl Harper to Randall Cobb their senior season. I'll leave it at that. Also what did you think of our fullback(Tyson)? Him and Toney make for an interesting clash between power and finesse.

Irrevalent as it may be, Alcoa and its fans should thank God they don't have to play MUS. Or the truth would be evident to everyone... Alcoa is a great team, no doubt, a dynasty in high school football, but based solely on numbers (which is what football prediction is whether you admit or not) they could not compete with MUS. You say why hasn't their "J Toney wannabes" come close to the TD record? Alcoa is alot of things, but a balanced attack is not one of them. Toney is a great RB, but lets be serious here, Alcoa and J Toney fans please do not let this go on any further, wouldn't you rather go on living the dream than waking up to reality??

Irrevalent as it may be, Alcoa and its fans should thank God they don't have to play MUS. Or the truth would be evident to everyone... Alcoa is a great team, no doubt, a dynasty in high school football, but based solely on numbers (which is what football prediction is whether you admit or not) they could not compete with MUS. You say why hasn't their "J Toney wannabes" come close to the TD record? Alcoa is alot of things, but a balanced attack is not one of them. Toney is a great RB, but lets be serious here, Alcoa and J Toney fans please do not let this go on any further, wouldn't you rather go on living the dream than waking up to reality??

Dreams? How about ten State championships, 5 straight state championships. AND.... J Toney will own the TN state record for Touchdowns is season. And MUS and Memphis area football???........ :lol::lol:

Guys, I know it's hard to imagine a team actually being better than Alcoa, but there IS a team in Tennessee that is a tad better than Alcoa! Randall Cobb is not as good as Barry Brunetti, SORRY! You guys haven't even seen MUS play this year and you still claim that Alcoa is better! THEY'RE NOT BETTER! I've seen both teams against their biggest team of the year. The Alcoa/Maryville game was exactly like the MUS/Christian Brothers game. Believe it or not. The Great American Sports Rivalry that was at the Alcoa/Maryville game was at the MUS/Christian Brothers game as well. You say that Alcoa has 2 DE's that are D1. MUS's hole defense looked capable of playing college football at some level. There's a reason why MUS is ranked #17 in the country and has already defeated 2 national powers in South Panola and Olive Branch out of Mississippi.

Christian Brothers, I believe, could play with Alcoa for 3 quarters, Alcoa would pull away in the end (like the Maryville game). Christian Brothers RB is a highly touted RB and will play major D1 football. Brothers QB may be small, but he's extremely quick and through his passes right on the money almost every time. Going into the game, Christian Brothers had the best defense in Memphis and MUS had the best offense in Memphis. After that game, it looked as if MUS had the best defense and offense in Memphis.

Memphisfootball, there's really no need to keep this argument going. I've seen both teams play this year and I've seen both teams play to their potential. I know football and I know a better team when I see it.

What? Christian Brothers is not in the same league with Maryville! CB's got hammered by 6A Whitehaven 21-0. And, See how far Whitehaven goes in the 6A play-off's. Where's Maryville ranked in 6A?

MUS may have a good offense........but could they stop Alcoa's run game?

Dreams? How about ten State championships, 5 straight state championships. AND.... J Toney will own the TN state record for Touchdowns is season. And MUS and Memphis area football???........ :lol::lol:

YES...Dreams as in you cannot compete with MUS. I never said Alcoa wasn't a great team, or Toney wasn't a great back. You seem to be jumping to things here. Yes, Alcoa is a very decorated school, but could they are not the best in the state..simple. Just because they wouldn't beat MUS, doesn't mean they aren't a powerhouse. "Waking up to reality" means if you had to play the best, it would open your eyes as to you no longer being the best...sorry