Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

Play the tuba boys!!!! One and Done, One and Done. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

You all may not like Cap1 but he's speaking the truth. DB fans have said over the past few years how Maryville wouldn't be winning those championships at a higher level and how DB has always played Maryville tough in scrimmages. Just look at the earlier post with the moron saying that DB would have beaten them in the scrimmage if not for the turnovers. Well, now you get your shot and you want to play nice with the Maryville people because you know you are coming home with an L.

And Huck Van Buss is still my favorite basketball coach of all time. :lol:

Why don't you Idiots get off of it. Do you actually think you have to come on here to try and fire up Maryville to beat DB. a 5-5 team? How stupid! To start with your example is wrong so that make you the "Mo-Ron" chump. The poster never said that DB would of "beaten" Maryville in the scrimmage. As far as what DB fans have said or have not said about Maryville in past years can easily be debated. One thing is that at least 99% of DB fans have great respect for Maryville and always have. Another thing is that up here in "upper" east tn. we have some real cute "posers" that like to create new screen names and pretend to be DB fans just to stir things up. "Up here" its more popular to pull against DB than pull for your own team. I call them Haters. As for Cap1, if you have half a brain you can read his post on this thread and figure out what he's all about. He's also a former Mo-Ron of the year award winner. Maryville fans go through something simular from what I've read on their threads. Losers always giving them grief over this and that. Upper east tn. will rejoice in DB's defeat friday night but I'll bet Maryville will be a class act like they always have been. Its a bad year for us to have to face Maryville but I think we'll have some very good games in the future.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they treat DB a little better than they did OR. First off they did not make any room for our visiting radio and made them broadcast from the stands, even though they had TWO home radio stations in their press box. I can assure you when Maryville does come to play in OR we will give them space. And just one statistic from our first game against Maryville, the ref's did not throw one flag on Maryville, but OR sure got a few. You can read what you want from that one.

This should be a good game as I expect DB to play at another level for Post Season. Maryville may be my neighbor, but DB is our kin. Truly one of the great football places in all of Tennessee is J. Fred and the fans. the matchups between DB and OR have been some of the best. Good luck to both teams.

So you got " Cheated and Mistreated " ... right Oakridgecat ? :thumb: Go cry me a River . I guess we should of thrown Mark Packer and his crew out , right ? Well , on second thought ..... maybe You're right !!! :D

I have tremendous respect for Kingsport DB , we do share something In common , and that would be Coach Ted Wilson !! Coach Wilson was my head coach , and he , along with Coach Don Story , and Coach Lynn Brown were a great coaching staff that took us to the State Championship all 3 years I was there , winning 2 of them . Maryville's great tradition didn't start with Coach Quarles , but he has done an AWESOME job of carrying on the winning tradition started by these great men before him . Like the coaches I had , Coach Quarles Is a about a lot more than winning , It's about having Class , and teaching these young men lessons that they will carry with them the rest of their lives . I know this may not be one of DB's best teams , but Maryville has a lot of youth playing this year too , so let's enjoy this new start of what I hope becomes one of the greatest rivalries in the State!!

BTW , for anyone letting scrimmage games shape their opinions about this game , last year Maryville played Oak Ridge about even in a scrimmage , and then Alcoa beat Oak Ridge by 80 or 90 points ..... then Maryville beat Alcoa in the real game . A scrimmage Is about getting everyone playing time and learning .

That was the first I heard about a penalty discrepancy from that game. I finally ran it down on the "Oak Ridge Sports" website. Maryville indeed did not get a flag, but Oak Ridge according to their owns stats had 3 for 12 yards. Most would call that a wash and two pretty well coached teams. Maryville's fumble at the goal line and Oak Ridge's fortuitous touchdown off a deflection likely played a bigger role in the final score than the officiating. Hate to hear they got their feelings hurt though, I've always felt we are pretty neighborly with folks who visit our campus.

Play the tuba boys!!!! One and Done, One and Done. :D:D:D

You all may not like Cap1 but he's speaking the truth. DB fans have said over the past few years how Maryville wouldn't be winning those championships at a higher level and how DB has always played Maryville tough in scrimmages. Just look at the earlier post with the moron saying that DB would have beaten them in the scrimmage if not for the turnovers. Well, now you get your shot and you want to play nice with the Maryville people because you know you are coming home with an L.

And Huck Van Buss is still my favorite basketball coach of all time. :thumb:

After the way your team South ,played against The Vikings,I would say U R

the one playing the tuba. :D Get off the eastmanite dust goofy.

" for anyone letting scrimmage games shape their opinions about this game , last year Maryville played Oak Ridge about even in a scrimmage , and then Alcoa beat Oak Ridge by 80 or 90 points ..... then Maryville beat Alcoa in the real game . A scrimmage Is about getting everyone playing time and learning .

We can agree on one thing Coach O, A scrimmage is about learning.. But Maryville did not play Oak Ridge "even" in the scriammge (not that anyone even cares) But in the game I would say it was closer to even for sure. Yes Alcoa beat Oak Ridge in a scrimmage.. badly Just as they did Maryville in a real game.

I think we can all agree that a scrimmage means nothing.